Sukhoi Su 30MKI

Khagesh

The Gulf War was said to have involved over 1 lakh sorties by the coalition fighting an expeditionary war.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War_air_campaign
Date 17 January 1991 – 23 February 1991
The air campaign of the Gulf War, also known as the 1991 bombing of Iraq, started with an extensive aerial bombing campaign on 17 January 1991. The coalition flew over 100,000 sorties, dropping 88,500 tons of bombs,[2]

The aerial strike force was made up of over 2,250 combat aircraft, which included 1,800 US aircraft, which fought against an Iraqi force of about 500 Soviet-built MiG-29, MiG-25, and MiG-23, and French-made Mirage F1 fighters.
Lets presume the Gulf War had 120000 sorties by the Coalition.

Lets also presume an average sortie duration of 2 hours.

Lets also presume that IAF will fight in like manner and has only 250 fighters at its disposal.

These aircrafts would consume on average 960 hours = 120000 * 2 / (250) of life.

What is the Meantime between overhauling for the various engines tha that IAF has?

mahesh

Country flag
I recently visited there in June and knew the same.
Can I visit too. I'm a layman with big dreams to supply spare parts to hal [emoji13]

Im very close to half bangalore[emoji12]

Sent from my irisX8 using Tapatalk

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Can I visit too. I'm a layman with big dreams to supply spare parts to hal [emoji13]

Im very close to half bangalore[emoji12]

Sent from my irisX8 using Tapatalk
This will be my 3rd consultation meet there.

You may submit your application and wait for their response.

square

Strategic Issues
That's true about weapons for a war and not true about engines lifetime.
Since Al-31FN is based on Al-31F Series 2 and 3, it has a 1400hrs lifetime.
Al-31FP (based on Al-31FM-1 or Al-31F Series 42) has it about 2500hrs.
Al-41F-1S (117S) has 4000hrs.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk
acha.....point kiya hai ..?..........

Kchontha

Country flag
when it comes to weapons , russians has a different thinking then the west.....
weapons are means to fight a war only.......so , if a fighter jet engine has a 400 hour overhoul life , thats good enough time for s fighter to last in a war.....
they made their weapons simple coz during war there will be complete caose and your soficticated systems might find it difficult to find a repair.....
its like , you may want a audi during peace time , but during roits , war its the simple indica that will fit the job......

i give you a simple example .....russians insists their armyman to use compass for navigation , even they has their own gps....
VMT for educating me about arming an infantryman with a sword rather then an assault rifle at a battlefield. Let me give you an example, without missile approach warning system (MAWS) SU30MKI is a dead meat in the present day BVRAAM warfare.

square

Strategic Issues
VMT for educating me about arming an infantryman with a sword rather then an assault rifle at a battlefield. Let me give you an example, without missile approach warning system (MAWS) SU30MKI is a dead meat in the present day BVRAAM warfare.
thank you.....!................

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Lets presume the Gulf War had 120000 sorties by the Coalition.

Lets also presume an average sortie duration of 2 hours.

Lets also presume that IAF will fight in like manner and has only 250 fighters at its disposal.

These aircrafts would consume on average 960 hours = 120000 * 2 / (250) of life.
Thing is time has changed.We now use jets only for interception and deep strike.
No more bombing camping.
Most of defense is done by SAM's and offence is done by Surface-to-surface missiles.

What is the Meantime between overhauling for the various engines tha that IAF has?
Most engines major overhauling is done at 1000 hours.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Meanwhile, DRDO developed an Indigenous MAWS under the joint venture with EADS. And another fully Indigenous MAWS is under development.
:playball:

gadeshi

Meanwhile, DRDO developed an Indigenous MAWS under the joint venture with EADS. And another fully Indigenous MAWS is under development.
:playball:
Bispectral ones or IIR as always? :)

gadeshi

Well, bispectral ones are 101KS Atoll (Su-57/Su-35S) indigenization for sure cause EADS doesn't have such matrix tech.

I won't be surprised when it will be revealed as one of the first T-50 TOT batch piece :)

Prashant12

Country flag
India to increase firepower of Su-30MKI to counter China and Pakistan

The aircraft will be equipped with new reconnaissance pods which will help detect hardened terrorists in remote locations such as mountains and bunkers.

To counter China and Pakistan, India will increase firepower of its deadly fighter Su-30MKI. The enhancement will be done under the Rs 3,000 crore proposal which was recently cleared by the Narendra Modi government.

The aircraft will be equipped with new reconnaissance pods which will help detect hardened terrorists in remote locations such as mountains and bunkers.

It can also identify bunkers built by the enemy in hidden terrain. The reconnaissance pods will help analyse suspected terrains where high value enemy assets or terrorists could be hiding and further locate the target and eliminate it.

Such reconnaissance pods were not available during Kargil war. With its presence, the Air Force could have easily destroyed the Pakistani Army and the terrorists hiding in the cover of bunkers made up of boulders and small natural caves in the higher reaches.

The Air Force describes the Sukhoi as its air dominance fighter because it allows the service to perform a multiplicity of missions required to keep up with India's rising global stature. The Sukhoi's versatility- owing to its extended range, speed, firepower and super-maneuverability - has given the IAF considerable freedom in deploying the aircraft in offensive missions.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...ndian-air-force-china-pakistan/1/1022908.html

Kchontha

Country flag
SU30MKI armed Brahmos ALCM will create havoc in the enemy camp though it needs to operate in conjunction with AWACS/AEW&C aircraft because of lack of Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS) and its resultant vulnarabiliry to BVRAAM/AAM in the former. Only MAWS equipped aircraft in the IAF inventory is the Mirage2000upg.

gadeshi

SU30MKI armed Brahmos ALCM will create havoc in the enemy camp though it needs to operate in conjunction with AWACS/AEW&C aircraft because of lack of Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS) and its resultant vulnarabiliry to BVRAAM/AAM in the former. Only MAWS equipped aircraft in the IAF inventory is the Mirage2000upg.
And MiG-29UPG as well.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles