Sukhoi Su 30MKI

WolfPack86

Country flag
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is currently producing the Su-30MKI at a flyaway cost of around $62 million per aircraft, which is around $22 million higher than the Su-30 jet supplied by Russia.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is currently producing the Su-30MKI at a flyaway cost of around $62 million per aircraft, which is around $22 million higher than the Su-30 jet supplied by Russia.
“Each HAL-built Su-30MKI fighter costs around $70.3 million, where as a Russia-supplied fighter costs around $42.15 million,” the senior Air Force official said.

https://www.defensenews.com/industry/2019/08/15/an-indian-facility-that-makes-su-30mki-jets-may-shut-down-toppling-400-local-suppliers

jedijedi

Country flag
I was reading an article in which Ghafoor claimed that Pakistan repelled the Mirages within 3 minutes of them violating Pakistani airspace.

I had to do the math. The Balakat targets were about 30 miles from the LOC. Mirage 2000’s flew low so they did not go in a strait line from point A to point B but instead flew around mountains and valleys to avoid radar so the actual distance was more then 30 miles but for argument sake let’s say it was only 30 miles. Realistically the Mirages would not break 400 knots (460mph) flying so low but even if they would, it would take 3 minutes and 55 seconds just to reach the targets. 7 minutes and 50 seconds both ways but that is not counting the time to acquire and hit the targets.

If Pakistan’s claim was true the Mirages would have to fly in excess of 1042 knots (1,200mph) while carrying a large payload, which would degrade their airspeed. At that speed it would take 90 seconds to reach Balakat but then another 90 seconds back, but then again, that doesn’t take into account the time taken to hit targets.

This is about as stupid as Pakistani pilots fighting over who shot what imaginary Indian aircraft down. First it was JF-17 that shot Mig-21, then it was JF-17 with painted on kill mark of SU-30, then it was F-16 that shot Mig-21 according to monument, then it was F-16 that shot SU-30 down, but then JF-17 had SU-30 kill mark painted on it even though it was no where near SU-30mki. You point this stupidity out to Pakistanis and they start raging.

:balleballe:
Due to availability of SOWs, it is not necessary to fly to the actual targets. If you decide on flying to the actual targets, it doesn't make sense to exclusively use SOWs. The ingress of IAF across LoC was mostly a demonstration of intent and capability rather than a technical need. As accurate as the math may seem, it is making a huge assumption.

abhay rajput

Country flag
Those gravity bombs look it came straight out of a WW2 bomber. Worse they look like barrel bombs. They must impose substantial drag penalty on the carrying aircraft.
Do you know that your govt. Is now considering sanctions against our home minister Amit Shah. Lol that's what I was talking about USA. If you don't find anything wrong in that God help you.
And don't worry we have won war with these WW2 aircrafts against Pakistan (who had USA weapons).
And don't worry we have been making indigenous sow . Moreover brahmos is itself best in its class.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Do you know that your govt. Is now considering sanctions against our home minister Amit Shah. Lol that's what I was talking about USA. If you don't find anything wrong in that God help you.
And don't worry we have won war with these WW2 aircrafts against Pakistan (who had USA weapons).
And don't worry we have been making indigenous sow . Moreover brahmos is itself best in its class.
Whose Government? Duterte's? He's a joke! Even more of a joke than Trump.

And going back to topic, aren't those Russian free-fall bombs? Why keep on buying those WW2 antiques?

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

And going back to topic, aren't those Russian free-fall bombs? Why keep on buying those WW2 antiques?
They're not continuing to buy them. There are already plenty in reserve which they're using. But the point is correct, I don't understand why IAF still keeps dumb bombs for Sukhois. There are plenty of smart bombs in the arsenal.

abhay rajput

Country flag
Those gravity bombs look it came straight out of a WW2 bomber. Worse they look like barrel bombs. They must impose substantial drag penalty on the carrying aircraft.

There are other options but mirages and jaguar are meant for strike roles. And duerte..?
I am talking about this -
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.econ...-against-amit-shah/amp_videoshow/72450703.cms

Neptune

Country flag
Not sure if this was posted before but it looks like the SU-35 now has the R-37M missile. I’m wondering if India has any interest for its SU-30 fleet?

The missile is more or less a Phenix equivalent, almost identical in size but with modern technology it can reach a range of 398km. That is probably most likely the range while launched from 60,000-70,0000 feet though, I would however imagine it can probably still reach an impressive 250-300km between 30,000-40,000 feet?

Not sure how maneuverable this missile is since it is very heavy with a massive warhead with the intended purpose of primarily knocking out AWACS but judging by the Phenix missile’s combat record this should be able to engage fighters as well.

15D8A47C-61C1-4FE7-8AE3-6FEAEC9F59F8.jpeg
9212B8A3-252F-4185-85FE-0CD0596D9CAF.jpeg

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Not sure if this was posted before but it looks like the SU-35 now has the R-37M missile. I’m wondering if India has any interest for its SU-30 fleet?

The missile is more or less a Phenix equivalent, almost identical in size but with modern technology it can reach a range of 398km. That is probably most likely the range while launched from 60,000-70,0000 feet though, I would however imagine it can probably still reach an impressive 250-300km between 30,000-40,000 feet?

Not sure how maneuverable this missile is since it is very heavy with a massive warhead with the intended purpose of primarily knocking out AWACS but judging by the Phenix missile’s combat record this should be able to engage fighters as well.

View attachment 40673 View attachment 40674
Look at the fins in the rear... it looks like R-77

Aniruddha Mulay

As per some reports, India has already bought the R-37M missiles after the 27th feb incident.
It was also reported that the IAF carried out various missile tests which included the R-37M missile.
Also, India has the KS-172 missile which is a collaboration between DRDO and Novator.

Neptune

Country flag
As per some reports, India has already bought the R-37M missiles after the 27th feb incident.
It was also reported that the IAF carried out various missile tests which included the R-37M missile.
Also, India has the KS-172 missile which is a collaboration between DRDO and Novator.

If I remember correctly India purchased more R-77s after February. I don’t remember anything about the R-73M unless I missed something.

Neptune

Country flag
I guess Russian media reported that India tested 3 new generation Russian missiles, one of them being the R-37M.

Indian source:

https://idrw.org/india-tested-awacs...-generation-air-to-air-missile-russian-media/

This would give India a large edge if true especially if utilized wisely. The Iranians used a clever tactic with their F-14s armed with Phenix missiles supported by low flying F-5s.

India can do something similar. India can have formations of SU-30MKIs flying at high altitude armed with R-37Ms, while Mirages would be flying at lower altitude staying undetected. This this would give Pakistan few options, they can either go and try to engage the SU-30s and be caught off guard by the R-37Ms range or the Pakistanis can fly low thinking they can surprise the SU-30s only to be ambushed by low flying Mirages armed with Micas and R-77s.

south block

up your a**
Country flag

It can pull upward of 8g at terminal phase & that 60kg warhead will shatter any maneuvering target to oblivion.

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag

There was a test of these missiles by IAF dude, and you know only one plane in IAF can carry these monsters.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles