Sukhoi Su 30MKI

lion

Dear all,

What is meant by deep penetration air craft. How does an aircraft cheats the air defence system of enemy to penetrate an enemy terrotory?

bhramos

Country flag
Dear all,

What is meant by deep penetration air craft. How does an aircraft cheats the air defence system of enemy to penetrate an enemy terrotory?
i am expert but i am giving my opinion

the aircraft first fly low level below the radar signature and fire anti-radiation missiles to kill air defence systems, then air domination or air superiority fighters come to beat the air defence fighter aircraft and let the bombers to fly to their tartgets...

IAF Deep Penetration Aircraft

A line up of eight Jaguars belonging to No.6 Squadron at Lohegaon AFS in October 2001. Nearest is a Jaguar IS, followed by Jaguar IM Maritime Strike versions with the Agave Radar. A two seater IB is at the far end of the line. Photo Courtesy : Alan Warnes / AirForces Monthly.

lion

i am expert but i am giving my opinion

the aircraft first fly low level below the radar signature and fire anti-radiation missiles to kill air defence systems, then air domination or air superiority fighters come to beat the air defence fighter aircraft and let the bombers to fly to their tartgets...

IAF Deep Penetration Aircraft

A line up of eight Jaguars belonging to No.6 Squadron at Lohegaon AFS in October 2001. Nearest is a Jaguar IS, followed by Jaguar IM Maritime Strike versions with the Agave Radar. A two seater IB is at the far end of the line. Photo Courtesy : Alan Warnes / AirForces Monthly.
Thanks mate...:thumb:

greek guy

Are the indian Su-30MKI equipped with MIL-STD-1553B data bus?
What is the russian corresponding standard for MIL-STD-1553B?

Is it true that russian turbofan engines are not as good as the western engines and require maintance tasks 3 times more often?

gadeshi

Are the indian Su-30MKI equipped with MIL-STD-1553B data bus?
What is the russian corresponding standard for MIL-STD-1553B?

Is it true that russian turbofan engines are not as good as the western engines and require maintance tasks 3 times more often?
1 - Russians were the first data-linkers in the world with theirs Lazur system back in 1959 :) Now they have TKS-2M and TKS-3 systems which are compatible to MIL-STD-1553B and any other standards as it has an open architecture design.
2 - Russian engines are very different though... AL-31 family has reached 1500hrs lifetime with inter-repair resource of 500hrs (FM-1/2 series), which is on the par with the latest F-110 ones. 117-series have 3000hrs with 1000hrs inter-repair. Item 30 5-gen series will have 4000-6000 hrs of total lifetime (we will know it exactly when it will be ready), but inter-repair resource is unknown. This is much better than F-119 series, and is totally superior in dry and full thrust (18500KG to 16500KG), and in speed/altitude envelope as well.

What about RD-33 series... This engine is under constant improvement, but has no actual future as Russians don't need medium multirollers like MiG-35 or Rafale as AF backbone.
RD-33 has older technologies in materials basis, so its reserves are almost out. And this is fair about lifetime to.

Last edited:

gadeshi

gadeshi, 1553 is a databus standard not a datalink.
I know it, friend. I've named the datalinks to blow-up the thoughts of our western guys about "stupid Russians don't have modern up-to-date electronics".
Russians had standardized data interchange protocols far earlier then Western countries.
And of course all the modern Russian electronics systems support 1553 since 1990-s to satisfy international customers.

ladder

Country flag
India hopes to put 272 Russia's Su-30MKI fighters into service by 2018

The Indian Air Force's backlog of orders for Russia's Su-30MKI fighters, makes up 272.
The fighters are assembled by India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) that has received a license from Russia's Sukhoi aircraft maker.
"Since India received 50 assembled planes from Russia, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited had assembled another 134 fighters in India," a source close to the Indian company told Itar-Tass on Monday. "We hope to form 14 squadrons of Su-30MKI fighters by 2018. By this time we will have 272 such planes in service."
After this India might enlarge its backlog of orders, if the Sukhoi/HAL fifth generation fighter project or introduction into service of India's own light fighter Tejas were delayed, the source said.
The Indian Air Force is expected to get its first squadron of Tejas in 2015 and the second one - in 2017. The project to build India's Tejas fighters began in 1983. The plane made its maiden flight in January 2011.
India hopes to put 272 Russia's Su-30MKI fighters into service by 2018 | Russia & India Report

Archer

Country flag
I know it, friend. I've named the datalinks to blow-up the thoughts of our western guys about "stupid Russians don't have modern up-to-date electronics".
Russians had standardized data interchange protocols far earlier then Western countries.
And of course all the modern Russian electronics systems support 1553 since 1990-s to satisfy international customers.
Ah, understood.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
From the Article

After this India might enlarge its backlog of orders, if the Sukhoi/HAL fifth generation fighter project or introduction into service of India's own light fighter Tejas were delayed, the source said.
I don't think they stop the Su 30MKI Production Lines ..mostly they will continue Building advanced Super Sukhoi to balancing the Fleet ..these 4++ fighter seems new to 2018 might be continued through 2025

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Indian Sukhoi 30 MKIs
Suffering Multifunctional
Display Failures; India
Complains To Russia

India's fleet of Sukhoi 30 MKI fighter aircraft are suffering multiple failures of its cockpit display system, if leaked documents are to be believed. According to a communiqué between HAL and Irkut Corp dated 28 February 2014, the MC-1 or Mission Computer 1 and the head- up display (HUD) of the Su-30MKI has recorded "multiple cases of repeated failure". HAL, in its letter, says all head-up displays and multi-functional displays on the Russian fighter repeatedly "blanked-off" and that it has reached out to the Russians including Vladimir Lagutkin, Dy. Chief of Division, Rosoboronexport and V A Borodich, Senior VP of Military Aviation Project at Irkut Corp as well as O D Pankov, Chief Designer at the Sukhoi Design Bureau for remedial measures. The letter also states that HAL had reached out to the Russian side on at least two occasions in March and April '13 but had received no response in return.

The documents were stolen by a group calling itself the 'Russian Cyber Command' (RCC) who launched an attack on the Indian embassy's network systems in Moscow in an effort to steal some 1000 documents concerning Rosoboronexport's dealings with India and other countries which import arms from Russia. It is not clear if the display problems referred to by HAL are in reference to the SU-30s imported from Russia or the later ones which were licence- manufactured by HAL with the display systems and other electronics sourced from international vendors.

Read more here:
Indian Sukhoi 30 MKIs Suffering Multifunctional Display Failures; India Complains To Russia

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles