Sukhoi PAK FA

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
T-50 Fighter Jet Fire Near
Moscow Not to Affect Test
Run

MOSCOW, June 10 (RIA Novosti) — An accident with an advanced Russian T-50 fifth-generation fighter jet, which briefly caught on fire while landing near Moscow, will not affect the schedule of planes' test runs, Sukhoi company said Tuesday. One of the T-50's engines failed during landing near Moscow on Tuesday, and there was a minor fire on aircraft's hull. No casualties were reported and the fire was quickly extinguished. "The jet will be restored. No one was injured. Sukhoi company has set up a commission to investigate the reasons of the accident. But the accident will not change the schedule of test runs slated for the T-50 program," the company said in a statement. The Sukhoi T-50 features a stealth profile with internal weapons bays for air and ground- attack weapons, thrust-vectoring engines for high-acceleration turns and an ability known as supercruise to fly supersonic without the use of a fuel-guzzling afterburner. The first flight was held in January 2010. In 2011, the jet was first displayed to the public at the MAKS airshow. In 2013, three jets were presented at the show and performed group maneuvers. Combat squadrons could expect deliveries no later than in 2016 of the production version, known by its Russian acronym PAK-FA for future tactical fighter aircraft. The PAK-FA will replace the country's aging fleet of Soviet-era fighter jets.
T-50 Fighter Jet Fire Near Moscow Not to Affect Test Run | Defense | RIA Novosti

Ashutosh Lokhande

@abhi_the_gr8_maratha

am no expert in these things but what i have read till date about pak fa is its not good compared to its US counter part and also they not offering any tot. then why shud india buy from russia and not US? is price the factor?
and also is there any other friendly/neutral country which makes 5th gen fighter aircrafts we should consider?

Last edited by a moderator:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
@abhi_the_gr8_maratha

am no expert in these things but what i have read till date about pak fa is its not good compared to its US counter part and also they not offering any tot. then why shud india buy from russia and not US? is price the factor?
and also is there any other friendly/neutral country which makes 5th gen fighter aircrafts we should consider?
pak fa is more reliable than f35.
and india not investing in pak fa but in fgfa which will be way superior to pak fa
Defence News - Indian FGFA Will Be A Real Challenge For American F-22
here is the word of german expert. Pak fa have rcs of 0.5 but source are not reliable. Though it is prototype can may be sukhoi will decrease it till 0.2 . But then pak fa is all metal airframe and fgfa will have more coc so it will reflect lesser radar waves so making its rcs 0.1or may be full stealth.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
@abhi_the_gr8_maratha

and india not investing in pak fa but in fgfa which will be way superior to pak fa
here is the word of german expert. Pak fa have rcs of 0.5 but source are not reliable. Though it is prototype can may be sukhoi will decrease it till 0.2 . But then pak fa is all metal airframe and fgfa will have more coc so it will reflect lesser radar waves so making its rcs 0.1or may be full stealth.
nor the f35 is ready till the date.

Ashutosh Lokhande

nor the f35 is ready till the date.
is it a Joint aventure or are they offering any TOT ?

Ashutosh Lokhande

its joint venture.
try as much information to get from wikipedia first. It will not make you expert but will make you able to know a jet properly.
and it consists of informative information.
I am not an expert.....
its joint venture.
Sweeeet.

try as much information to get from wikipedia first. It will not make you expert but will make you able to know a jet properly.
ya i know, sorry. was just being lazy, its easier to ask than search for it :D will surely try to do some homework on google first before asking next time :D

I am not an expert...
i dont know bout that but you do leave a perception on me of an expert :p

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
its joint venture.
Sweeeet.

ya i know, sorry. was just being lazy, its easier to ask than search for it :D will surely try to do some homework on google first before asking next time :D

I am not an expert...
i dont know bout that but you do leave a perception on me of an expert :p
lol....... No problem. You can ask me if feeling lazy....

p2prada

"RT" rubbish today has always failed to report when fascinating thing like this occurred...very predictable, though.
Actually this was well reported in the media. The cause was also ascertained and they said the aircraft will be back in testing after repairs.

They explained in some details about what happened before and after too, like the pilot jumping off and running for his life, though nothing happened to it.

HMS Astute

seems like india is collaborating with many countries on various projects. why does india need rafale if it is working on a joint 5th gen aircraft aircraft?

based on lowest radar cross section and detection rate:

F-22 = 0.0001
F-35 = 0.005
T-50 = 0.3
J-20 = ?

p2prada

seems like india is collaborating with many countries on various projects. why does india need rafale if it is working on a joint 5th gen aircraft aircraft?

based on lowest radar cross section and detection rate:

F-22 = 0.0001
F-35 = 0.005
T-50 = 0.3
J-20 = ?
The T-50 RCS figure mentioned by you and the one compared with for the F-22 are different. The T-50's figure is the average of RCS figures from all sides. The F-22's figure is only from the front.

Rafale is required for the same reason why UK needs the F-35 when Typhoon is already present, they are meant for role specific missions. Rafale is an MRCA, FGFA is for air dominance.

The actual timelines are different too. The Rafale is to the MKI as the AMCA is to the FGFA. We need a 4th gen low end and high end along with a fifth gen+ low end and high end.

Rafale is a decade late. They should have been inducted along with the MKI actually, typically from 2008 onwards. IAF has been asking for a MRCA since 1999, an aircraft whose role is meant to complement the MKI. The decade long inactivity is bearing result only today. Well, that's India.

HMS Astute

The T-50 RCS figure mentioned by you and the one compared with for the F-22 are different. The T-50's figure is the average of RCS figures from all sides. The F-22's figure is only from the front.

Rafale is required for the same reason why UK needs the F-35 when Typhoon is already present, they are meant for role specific missions. Rafale is an MRCA, FGFA is for air dominance.

The actual timelines are different too. The Rafale is to the MKI as the AMCA is to the FGFA. We need a 4th gen low end and high end along with a fifth gen+ low end and high end.

Rafale is a decade late. They should have been inducted along with the MKI actually, typically from 2008 onwards. IAF has been asking for a MRCA since 1999, an aircraft whose role is meant to complement the MKI. The decade long inactivity is bearing result only today. Well, that's India.
thanks. how many 4th, 4.5th and 5th gen aircraft would be in service with the indian air force by 2020, and how much will india spend on defence by that time?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles