Staff strip naked to improve morale

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Staff strip naked to improve morale

Staff at a design and marketing company in Newcastle spent a day working together naked after being told it would improve their morale.

By Ben Leach
Published: 12:00PM BST 02 Jul 2009

Despite some initial reluctance, nearly all the staff took off all their clothes.
David Taylor, a business psychologist, told workers at design and marketing onebestway, in Newcastle upon Tyne, that a Naked Friday idea would boost their team spirit.

He was called in to help the firm after six staff members were forced into taking redundancies at the start of the credit crunch.

He said: "Inviting an organisation to go naked is the most extreme technique I've used. It may seem weird but it works. It's the ultimate expression of trust in yourself and each other."

Despite some initial reluctance, nearly all the staff took off all their clothes – except for one man, who wore a posing pouch, and one of two female workers, who kept on black underwear.

Sam Jackson, 23, the house manager, was the only woman to go fully naked. She said: "It was brilliant. Now that we've seen each other naked, there are no barriers.

"We weren't put under pressure. If we wanted to come in clothed or in our underwear, we could. But I love my body and wasn't ashamed.
"We're all beautiful, whether we've got big bodies or small ones."
Miss Jackson, who suffers from cerebral palsy, said: "It took a week of David being in the office for us to build up courage. The first few steps were very nerve-racking but, once I got to my desk and got used to it, I felt totally comfortable.

"It was emotional but we found we were much more able to talk to each other honestly – and have been since. The company has improved massively."

The experiment in April was filmed for a one-off TV show, Naked Office, to be screened on July 9 on cable channel Virgin 1.

Antimony

That's depressing, now if I was working at Playboys. Oh wait, the "important" ones are already naked :blum3:

this also teaches teamwork.
Uhm, how? How is my morale or sense of teamwork improve if I go to the coffee machine and have to see a fat azz taking his sweet time loading up his cup?

Country flag
That's depressing, now if I was working at Playboys. Oh wait, the "important" ones are already naked :blum3:

Uhm, how? How is my morale or sense of teamwork improve if I go to the coffee machine and have to see a fat azz taking his sweet time loading up his cup?
LOL it was sarcasm, this is just another silly ploy to take people's mind of the crummy economy.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
Sorry, I'm already in contact with the ladies. Only guys for you :D.
sorry to disapoint you mate :cray:i have already got the interviwe call with that lady :113: shall tell you the "results" in 6 months :l_kiss: :blum3:
:bye:

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
sorry to disapoint you mate :cray:i have already got the interviwe call with that lady :113: shall tell you the "results" in 6 months :l_kiss: :blum3:
I think 9 months ought to be more appropriate... or do you plan to "fast-track" the "results" ??? Or is it that you already gave your interview 3 months ago ???:wink::wink::wink:

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
I wonder what you "viewed" during your "inter-view" !!!

:clever66::clever66::clever66:

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
I will suggest this in my company as well..... :wink: :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles