SSLV News, Discussions, Updates and Reports

Cheran

Country flag
ISRO website
This is the full statement -

SSLV Update - All the stages performed normal. Both the satellites were injected. But, the orbit achieved was less than expected, which makes it unstable.

If all stages performed normally then how can injection happen at lower orbit?

is there a danger of reentry? (I am assuming it will burn up in atmosphere)

Vamsi

Country flag
This happened once with a PSLV launch. The satellite was injected into a considerably lower orbit than planned, but ground control lifted the satellite into a very good orbit, which allowed the satellite to function well.
This is a Microsat, it doesn't have its own propulsion to correct orbit

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag
This happened once with a PSLV launch. The satellite was injected into a considerably lower orbit than planned, but ground control lifted the satellite into a very good orbit, which allowed the satellite to function well.
I searched in net I didn't find anything but I got somewhere that this category of sat doesn't have their own propulsion

jai jaganath

Country flag
VTM and Satellites might have crashed in Pacific....final orbite might be 350km × 58 km which means VTM+sats reentered the earth atmosphere
So u mean both the sats crashed in Pacific
Shit man

saketkr

Country flag
I am sad and disappointed at being hit by the curse of the inaugural flights. ISRO never had a great record with first flight of a new launch vehicle. History has repeated itself. However, I am once again mesmerized by the silence of ISRO and the position ("All stages performed as expected .") taken by them. They don't sound like a Organization standing up for themselves!

SSLV-D1/EOS-02 Mission

The ISRO of old was brave and transparent. It used to take failures on the chin and bounce back with stupendous success. However, in recent memory ISRO is developing a habit of going mute after difficult missions. The project management is at it's lowest point. None of the important missions have been an unqualified success in the recent past. The checkpoints, as in the case of Chandrayana-2 lander, are being skipped in favor of the mission deadline. It seems optics and other dynamics are winning over the hard facts of science and project management.

This points to a concerning change of culture at ISRO, revealing a lot about the current set of leaders at the organization. I am so missing the ISRO of old, when leaders like Dr. K Kasturirangan, Prof. U R Rao and G Madhavan used to helm the Organization. The later years have been a leadership crisis at ISRO. Failure was not a taboo then but only an opportunity to learn and course correct. Hyper marketing was shunned and hard facts were presented to the public and scientific community.

I sincerely hope that ISRO comes out of the woods and finds it's feet sooner. It must find the right people to lead it's projects without submitting itself to the organizational dynamics. Science and Temperament should be the sole criteria for leadership of this elite Organization. This is the least we can expect from an organization associated with giants like Dr. Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai.

jai jaganath

Country flag
VTM and Satellites might have crashed in Pacific....final orbite might be 350km × 58 km which means VTM+sats reentered the earth atmosphere
Wait there was a vtm + eos 02
Right
This was the payload ?

jai jaganath

Country flag
I am sad and disappointed at being hit by the curse of the inaugural flights. ISRO never had a great record with first flight of a new launch vehicle. History has repeated itself. However, I am once again mesmerized by the silence of ISRO and the position ("All stages performed as expected .") taken by them. They don't sound like a Organization standing up for themselves!

SSLV-D1/EOS-02 Mission

The ISRO of old was brave and transparent. It used to take failures on the chin and bounce back with stupendous success. However, in recent memory ISRO is developing a habit of going mute after difficult missions. The project management is at it's lowest point. None of the important missions have been an unqualified success in the recent past. The checkpoints, as in the case of Chandrayana-2 lander, are being skipped in favor of the mission deadline. It seems optics and other dynamics are winning over the hard facts of science and project management.

This points to a concerning change of culture at ISRO, revealing a lot about the current set of leaders at the organization. I am so missing the ISRO of old, when leaders like Dr. K Kasturirangan, Prof. U R Rao and G Madhavan used to helm the Organization. The later years have been a leadership crisis at ISRO. Failure was not a taboo then but only an opportunity to learn and course correct. Hyper marketing was shunned and hard facts were presented to the public and scientific community.

I sincerely hope that ISRO comes out of the woods and finds it's feet sooner. It must find the right people to lead it's projects without submitting itself to the organizational dynamics. Science and Temperament should be the sole criteria for leadership of this elite Organization. This is the least we can expect from an organization associated with giants like Dr. Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai.
Continous failure in sslv is concerning
Especially their attitude
Does anyone know now how many years would it take to make another one and launch again

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

SSLV-D1/EOS-02 Mission

debatable on the transparency part, ISRO is no longer just a PSU, it is a commercial entity which provides commercial services to private players now. impact of their customer perception has to be taken into account now. since they don't have the mandate to spend monies on counter narratives, makes sense that they want to be conservative in their approach.

well wishers of ISRO should give them more time to adjust to new realities. social media , main stream media accountability is not the only kind of accountability, ISRO's primary accountability is to GoI and parliament.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles