SSLV News, Discussions, Updates and Reports

Vamsi

Country flag
So both eos 02 and azaadisat into Pacific
Ok making sslv will take 6 months but making eos02 might take time as its military sat as far as I know
Pls correct me regarding eos02 if it will take more time or not
It was stupid 😒 to launch important
Military satellite from Experimental
Vehicle to begin with
Who said to you that EOS-02 is a military sat??...& .No it wasn't, it's only namesake sat build as a payload for D1....ISRO never launches military sats on developmental flights ....

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Iam not taking credit
From ISRO

Hell 30 cr
Is very cheap

Considering

Sarkari babus have caught with more cash
In there home by ED
Or income tax than this

But un accountability will make u complacent

One thing like about west

Is they set accounbilty
And any federal officer or state official will made resign

If there performance are unsatisfactory
Monthly hafta collected by sachin vaze for ncp anil deshmukh was 100 crores.But we need to decouple reservation shit in security and research fields which is destroying our potential and landing us in more faliures.Meritocracy should not be compromised.

Vamsi

Country flag
Un accounbilty

Basically

However the brilliant organization
Will be Unaccountibilty

Will make it lethargic In the end
Naah....liquid propulsion, for that matter even solid propulsion is also tricky, no matter how much experienced you are failure happens sometimes,....ISRO has robust quality control, even NASA's SRBs failed on the Delta2 rockets which has one of the highest success rate in the world

DumbPilot

Country flag
<...>
So the absolute velocity of the satellite is 7.3km/s + 0.36km/s => 7.66km/s, which is only off by 30m/s to maintain a circular orbit. If they don't go for a circular orbit, they can probably still maintain something like a 356 x 120km~ orbit, at that speed.

After SS3 separation, the VTM fired for about 0.1 seconds =>

Weight at that point: 143kg.
Thrust: 800N
Duration: 0.1 seconds

<..>
Ok, I was pretty close!

It ended up in a 356km x 76km orbit, which means the inability of the VTM to correctly identify or act upon satellite state vector(position and velocity) was what caused the failure. If the VTM had fired for 5-6 seconds instead of 0.1 seconds, EOS and Azaadi Sat would have been in orbit. :)

This also means the guidance of the rocket was of top-notch, because the apogee is exactly 356km, which was where it needed to be. Issues in the VTM caused problems, but the fact that we were able to put solid rocket boosters at such a high accuracy into orbit is nothing short of legendary.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Ok, I was pretty close!

It ended up in a 356km x 76km orbit, which means the inability of the VTM to correctly identify or act upon satellite state vector(position and velocity) was what caused the failure. If the VTM had fired for 5-6 seconds instead of 0.1 seconds, EOS and Azaadi Sat would have been in orbit. :)

This also means the guidance of the rocket was of top-notch, because the apogee is exactly 356km, which was where it needed to be. Issues in the VTM caused problems, but the fact that we were able to put solid rocket boosters at such a high accuracy into orbit is nothing short of legendary.
Woops, just double checked. We were off by 80m/s, not 30m/s. :)

But the end result is the same, it just had to burn for 15-18 seconds instead of 0.1. :)

DumbPilot

Country flag
it should burn more than 20 sec
Yeah, from the launch, around ~20 sec is what they estimated. But the booster had more performance than they anticipated, and they ended up at 356x76km orbit, so they had to raise the perigee(lowest point of that orbit -> 76km) to 356km, so that the orbit was circular.

Using Hohmann transfer equation, you can work out the velocity they needed to get to higher orbit, from which you can figure out how long the engine had to burn, because the thrust data and weight of the unit is public information

anirban8

Country flag
Yeah, from the launch, around ~20 sec is what they estimated. But the booster had more performance than they anticipated, and they ended up at 356x76km orbit, so they had to raise the perigee(lowest point of that orbit -> 76km) to 356km, so that the orbit was circular.

Using Hohmann transfer equation, you can work out the velocity they needed to get to higher orbit, from which you can figure out how long the engine had to burn, because the thrust data and weight of the unit is public information
Well the rocket is kinda really cheap so launch one more next week :p (oc if we can make it in one week). Though I didn't know it was all solid fuel till the third stage wouldn't liquid be more reliable??

DumbPilot

Country flag
Well the rocket is kinda really cheap so launch one more next week :p (oc if we can make it in one week). Though I didn't know it was all solid fuel till the third stage wouldn't liquid be more reliable??
Liquid would be more reliable, but this rocket is meant to be cheap, efficient and cost-effective. And with ISRO developing this, and from prior experience from PSLV/GSLV, the SRBs were guaranteed to be all but pretty reliable.

This means that this rocket will literally blow out the other competition for small, commercial satellite market who operate on similar payloads - as explained in the ISRO stream, it can be constructed and be made ready for launch in 3 days :eek1:

For example:
Launch cost-

SSLV => less than $7 million(as $7 million is just the R&D allocation for 3 rockets like this)
RocketLab's Firefly => $7.5 million
Relativity Terran 1 => $12 million

The only one that comes with a lower cost currently is Astra with their Rocket 3, but manage to reach orbit only rarely

anirban8

Country flag
Liquid would be more reliable, but this rocket is meant to be cheap, efficient and cost-effective. And with ISRO developing this, and from prior experience from PSLV/GSLV, the SRBs were guaranteed to be all but pretty reliable.

For example:
Launch cost-

SSLV => less than $7 million(as $7 million is just the R&D allocation for 3 rockets like this)
RocketLab's Firefly => $7.5 million
Relativity Terran 1 => $12 million
I understand it's all solid fuel to save costs but all the way solid(all but the topmost stage) that's a bit too cheap. Rocketlab's electron(I am assuming that's the one you are talking about) is liquid all the way right wouldn't that make it more reliable in the eyes of the customer??

DumbPilot

Country flag
I understand it's all solid fuel to save costs but all the way solid(all but the topmost stage) that's a bit too cheap. Rocketlab's electron(I am assuming that's the one you are talking about) is liquid all the way right wouldn't that make it more reliable in the eyes of the customer??
Yeah sorry I meant Rocketlab's Electron.

As for reliability, if ISRO can prove that the SSLV can succeed and become a workhorse like PSLV, then I think we're not going to have much issues. After all if, if the rocket can deliver payload to orbit with lower costs and has a proven history, then many people will prefer it over something more expensive.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
ISRO is Hindu Fazzist organisation reeeeeeeeeeee
Watch the first 60 seconds, how they play the Tamil devotional classic enna thavam saithane Yashoda before the launch
:rage:

vidhwanshak

Country flag
Watch the first 60 seconds, how they play the Tamil devotional classic enna thavam saithane Yashoda before the launch
:rage:
bhai noob question but it shouldn't have failed. Itni bar daala hai earth orbit me satellite fir bhi fail High lvl investigation honi chaihye and punish karna chaihye jinhone galti kiya. 100-200 crore se kam nahi hoga ek?

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
bhai noob question but it shouldn't have failed. Itni bar daala hai earth orbit me satellite fir bhi fail High lvl investigation honi chaihye and punish karna chaihye jinhone galti kiya. 100-200 crore se kam nahi hoga ek?
The rocket itself is not a failure
Orbital injection didn't happen the way it's supposed to, some math was off probably

vidhwanshak

Country flag
The rocket itself is not a failure
Orbital injection didn't happen the way it's supposed to, some math was off probably
haan ye maaloom hai mujhe usse poora orbit change ho gya iss staellite ka.

sensors me thi problem uske kaaran orbit me nahi hua place

Last edited:

Varoon2

Country flag
Needless to say, ISRO has to put this failure behind them, and get ready for the GSLV Mk 3 with 30 One Web Satellites, and PSLV C-54 with Oceansat-3, both in Sept-Oct.

radion

Country flag
i remember sslv being delayed...and even after being delays,isro still couldnt make it perform properly.

Anyways sslv doesnt take a week from manufacturing to launch,it takes 6 months to manufacture it but the assembly,testing and launch can be done in a week so they simple need to store a lots.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles