Solution to Kashmir keeping India's strategic interests in mind

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Why should we have to be lackeys of the US? We should try all we can to reclaim what is ours and then of course offer the US transit route. That way the US will not have to keep funding Pakistan and that is definitely in our interests. Giving the US one less reason to keep giving aid to Pakistan benefits India and for that benefit if we have to give transit route to the US, why not?
Of course we should get back our rightful land...there is no doubt in that.

As far as usa is concerned they should look out for themselves. In anycase they are shifting there route to central asia.

Galaxy

Country flag
Dear Friends,
If India annexed PoK in the next war, will we get a direct land link to afghanistan ? Then the US will no longer be blackmailed by Pakistan and we can access Central asian gas as well as build a 'diamond necklace ' round China .I would like to know the member's views on this.
I said this many times. :thumb:

Gilgit-Balistan is very important for us. GoI should start working on that. Even Risk + Multi Bn $ investment is worth.

I don't think next year or in next few years possible but if we start planning very effectively, by next decade possible !

U.S. is not the concern for us but our strategic link makes the difference to us.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
If US really needs another route, India can arrange a deal with Iran.

We have financed/built (part or in full) Chahabahar Port and highways linking it to Afghanistan.
We are also financing a route from Chahabahar to C.Asia.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I said this many times. :thumb:

Gilgit-Balistan is very important for us. GoI should start working on that. Even Risk + Multi Bn $ investment is worth.

I don't think next year or in next few years possible but if we start planning very effectively, by next decade possible !
Not to mention aksai chin :namaste:

anoop_mig25

Country flag
day dreaming. it would requires huge amount of resources which at present we do not have and 2 of things which are amost of importance that is courage which our leadership lacks and local support which we too lack. so not possible

pmaitra

We have financed/built (part or in full) Chahabahar Port and highways linking it to Afghanistan.
This is what I have been hoping although I know it won't happen anytime soon.

Things would be much simpler for both India and the US if the US seriously thought of normalising relations with Iran.

Galaxy

Country flag
Not to mention aksai chin :namaste:
You have not read my complete paragraph in that thread. Only Picked Point 1. I am also ultra nationalist but i try to see broad picture. My point was take Giligit-Balistan and talk about others later.

:laugh:

Once Su-30 MKI will move from Srinagar to Kabul in few minutes, Things will be very different. Also, we won't need Chabbar port too. :)

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
day dreaming. it would requires huge amount of resources which at present we do not have and 2 of things which are amost of importance that is courage which our leadership lacks and local support which we too lack. so not possible
It's not day-dreaming.

Right down on paper, P.O.K. will be administrated by GoI sooner or later. No matter how much money we need to invest and risk we take, It's worth.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
This is what I have been hoping although I know it won't happen anytime soon.

Things would be much simpler for both India and the US if the US seriously thought of normalising relations with Iran.
In Iraq, Iranian and American interests diverge; and in Astan, they converge. If we had leverage over either, we could've brought them both to the table.

Without Iran being onboard there won't be any peace in Iraq nor will a united peaceful Afghanistan exiist; Saudis, AIPAC will never allow US to cozy upto Iran, though.

And let's not forget, Iran is indirectly/directly responsible for most of the US causalities in Iraq; though, Pakistan is similarly responsible in Afghanistan.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
You have not read my complete paragraph in that thread. Only Picked Point 1. I am also ultra nationalist but i try to see broad picture. My point was take Giligit-Balistan and talk about others later. :laugh:

Once Su-30 MKI will move from Srinagar to Kabul in few minutes, Things will be very different.
First point was enough for my hand to click the reply button :laugh:

Broad picture is that we would add fire to tibet and east turkmenistan separatists if china doesn't get of our land.

agentperry

are you all people mad? land route to afghanistan means neighborhood with talibs, you want it?

Galaxy

Country flag
are you all people mad? land route to afghanistan means neighborhood with talibs, you want it?
What A'than-Taliban issue has to do with our legitimate right ??

It's Tajikistan dominated area and not Taliban dominated area.

We need Gilgit-Balistan to move A'than, CAR and beyond.

BTW, GB - A'than border is very difficult terrain. We can make some strategic link with A'than to direct link to Tajikistan. Not to forget, We can have 1 Strike Army Corps stationed at Skardu.

Galaxy

Country flag
First point was enough for my hand to click the reply button :laugh:

Broad picture is that we would add fire to tibet and east turkmenistan separatists if china doesn't get of our land.
My point was to continue with status quo with China, tell them to forget Pakistan and we move towards Gilgit-Balistan. Pakistan would be like Bangladesh without China support. For Nuke threat, we can counter by deploying multi layer of ABM & offensive attack on 1st hour. 80% Pak Industry & population is in 200 Km range from our border. We also have key of water.

Later on, When China raises issue of P.O.K. or A.P, then we can always raise Tibet and Aksai China. We always have this bargaining point. Not to forget P.O.K. connects Pak-China.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Just a thought. Kashmir insurgency would look like a walk in the park, if we do manage to get hold of PoK. :namaste:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

The Zaranj-Delaram highway in Afghanistan built by India and handed over to the Afghan government on January 22, 2009 is now under Taliban control. Within two years of the commissioning of this strategic highway, Taliban effectively dominates this road link, which has in turn allowed it to take control of the Nimroz province.

Indian built Zaranj-Delaram Highway under Taliban Control

Galaxy

Country flag
It's easy for us to Invade GB region. Reasons.

1> Population of GB is very less. Only 0.5 Million in big region equivalent to Punjab.

2> Pakistan supply comes from NW region. We can open three more fronts from Tajikistan Airbase / A'than Army + P.O.K (next to Jammu region) + Siachen.

3> 70% of Pakistan army HQ at Islamabad till Karachi. 20% in near A'than border and only 10% in GB region. Due to difficult terrain and high mountains, It will take long time for troops to mobilise. Not to forget we can use 3 more fronts to stop/block them.

4> We can open Rajasthan-Gujarat front from 30 such conflicting point by sending 2 Strike Corps + 2 Hold Corps. Also Block Pakistan Punjab Army poisition by dividing into P.O.K. and Pak Punjab. We can use Ambala Strike corps for that.

5> Block Pakistan Shipment in Arabian sea by using 3 ports @ Oman, Chabbar Port and Porabandar.

6> Surprise and Offensive strike against Pak military instalment. All are in 200 Km range.

7> By giving few Bn $ military aid to A'than for start conflicting Durand line. Also Baluchistan.

I don't think Pakistan will use Nuke, But let say they use. We can buy S-400 and develop & deply AAD-PDV by 2015 in big numbers and Buy 100 more fighter jets and deploy @ Bhuj till Halawara.

I may be sounding as Day-Dreamer, But Think Logically, It's dificult but very much possible if we plan well and implement all in next 5 years !! :)

Last edited:

pmaitra

The Zaranj-Delaram highway in Afghanistan built by India and handed over to the Afghan government on January 22, 2009 is now under Taliban control. Within two years of the commissioning of this strategic highway, Taliban effectively dominates this road link, which has in turn allowed it to take control of the Nimroz province.

Indian built Zaranj-Delaram Highway under Taliban Control
India could have possibly provided ground troops, but the point is it is up to the Afghan government to protect their assets. That road was a gift to Afghanistan from India. Once they have it, they are the ones who should protect it. If India were to commit troops to protect that road, then India would need secure access to Afghanistan and the only way it can happen is through Iran. With US-Iran spat, that is a non-starter. Too bad things are the way they are, but it is upto the Afghan government to reclaim what is rightfully theirs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles