Solution to Kashmir keeping India's strategic interests in mind

Galaxy

Country flag
Our cold start policy was roughly based on this: take territory all along the border and LoC but not go too deep into the enemy territory, then declare ceasefire and negotiate. Personally, I would first go and establish a siege of Islamabad and Lahore and use our Navy to bombard Karachi. Eventually, we will be able to cut off Gilgit-Baltistan from the mainland Pakistan. That way, half the work is done. The second phase will take months and probably upto a year to solidify our presence in Gilgit-Baltistan.
Exactly. :thumb:

That's why i said it's very much possible !!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
You should be in the Army . Serving in Siachen or gunning down terrorists at the LoC.

I care bout the Indian lives and don't want to risk them unnecessarily for Jingoistic reasons.
unnecessarily ? :doh:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
We know it is not easy, but possible nevertheless. Whatever has happened in this world till date, from inventions to wars, lot of it was considered impossible by laymen and experts alike.

I'd say Maitra's approach makes sense. I consider Tajik Airbase as good as lost.
Best would be to hit the cities hard and focus on northern sector. That is where we have our rightful land to take back. Rest would be slipping out of the kitty anyways during the negotiations.
They're infra-structurally centralized over Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi. We've seen Lahore and Karachi's vulnerability already.
Grabbing Air dominance over Pakistan will ease out the nuke risk to quite an extent. Then we don't have to watch our back and fight at the same time.
Taking land, maintaining it and defending against looming nuke threat is an exhausting threesome. :D Better avoid the scene at the earliest

Regards,
Virendra

Param

Being nationalist is far off thing.

Majority are pacifists :rolleyes:
There is a difference between nationalism and Jingoism.

Unfortunately a lot of people do not realise the difference.

I don't think there are any pacifists in this forum atleast. Definitely not me.

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
There is a difference between nationalism and ultra nationalism.

Unfortunately a lot of people do not realise the difference.

I don't think there are any pacifists in this forum atleast. Definitely not me.
Why don't you give reasons that it's not possible. ??

Trust me, I would be more than happy to know other side of coin because that will only help to tune into best strategy.

There is no point telling "Not Possible, Day-Dreaming, May be and like that"

Give reason whatever you feel.....I will try to understand and few people including me will reply as per. :)

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

Trust me, I would be more than happy to know other side of coin because that will only help to tune into best strategy.

Give reason whatever you feel.....I will try to understand and few people including me will reply as per. :)
How do you plan to defang their nukes?

KS

Bye bye DFI
I hate to day dream..so people pls get off this thread.

Realistically speaking India will never get back PoK.

No dont say I'm not a nationalist. I'm one..but I'm also a pragmatist.

Param

If Pakistan initiates another Kargil then we should try to capture POK. But it would be a bad idea to embark on an invasion for any other reason like terrorist strike .
Pakistan should be kept on low boil just like it is today and collapse slowly.That would be the best option.

Galaxy

Country flag
How do you plan to defang their nukes?
Good question :)

1st we need to deploy high number of ABM and Point/Air defence systems.

SpyDer, Barak-8, Maitri, Akash MK1,2 in large numbers by 2016. (Most likely we will have) - These can tackle Cruise Missile, UAV, all types of Aircraft.

We already have S-300 and we should Buy S-400/Arrow-2 too around 20 batteries + Speed-up AAD/PDV project by 2015 and deploy in large numbers (it's again Possible and might happen too) [These can destroy Ballistic Missiles]

We can have 2 layer of ABM/Point defence in major cities/asset (Israel model - Arrow + Iron Dome) - Possible.

Now, 1st of all I don't think Pakistan will use Nuke as their 80% Industries/population are in 200 Km range. Our 300 Brahmos can destroy all militray instalment within an hour whereas most of our important strategic assets are more than 500-1,000 Km away. (they can't do anything except launching Ballistic Missile). Pakistan only have around 50-60 such BM. Not to forget we will have 2 layer of ABM to detect and destroy such missiles. I do know, It's never 100% accurate. But Let us consider worst case scenario, Only we able to destroy 80% such Missiles that 80% Missiles will fall in Pakistan itself and will turn her into Stone age. In addition, For 20% destruction, we can destroy whole Pakistan and they don't have even anything to stop. So, Even in 80% probability, Pakistan will be destroyed completely in 1 day.

Before moving our army in GB, 1st we will do massive surgical attack in 100-150 important Pak assets including Nuke plant. They can't stop !! Reason -- We can launch such attack from within our area as most of Pak assets are in 200 Km range. Brahmos/Prahar + MKI with Brahmos + K-100 will be deadly. Once, Most of the assets are destroyed, We will march ahead. What Pakistan will do in that case ?? Everything will be tracked by Spy Satellite Risat-1,2. Their may be some retaliation but our Huge defence will be ready to face such attack and get excuse to destroy them completely. :)

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
If Pakistan initiates another Kargil then we should try to capture POK. But it would be a bad idea to embark on an invasion for any other reason like terrorist strike .
Pakistan should be kept on low boil just like it is today and collapse slowly.That would be the best option.
Ohh C'mon mate.

P.O.K. is part of India and we have to take back. We don't need excuse. It's our gateway to Central Asia :)

Adux

Country flag
Fact 1 : India cannot take over PoK without a gritty fight with PA as well as going nuclear, not worth it
Fact 2 : We have another option, Iran. But to figure out Iran-Israel-US ****. up, is at times better left alone. We will be the outsourcing partner for the US-NATO, for everything that is non-lethal, fuel, food, building materials, others etc, while the Northern route will bring in military supplies.

Last edited:

agentperry

PoK wants itself to be with pak more than pak wants it with itself. why? because of the trade concessions and special rights.
PoK people dont pay bills.
they dont pay tax
they get free security
no one is allowed to buy property in pok
but pok people are allowed to roam anywhere in pak

Galaxy

Country flag
I gave many reasons based on facts that we can take Gilgit-balistan. Of course, it's not cakewalk but very much possible if we plan and implement few important things in next 5 years.

Whatever point i made, I gave reason for each. If anyone believes not possible with whatever reasoning, One can always post other side of coin !!

Galaxy

Country flag
PoK wants itself to be with pak more than pak wants it with itself. why? because of the trade concessions and special rights.
PoK people dont pay bills.
they dont pay tax
they get free security
no one is allowed to buy property in pok
but pok people are allowed to roam anywhere in pak
Gilgit-balistan population is only 0.5 Million and size equal to our Punjab. Even Delhi population is 15 Million.

They don't need to pay tax. What does it make difference ?? I am not talking of their so called Azad kashmir (It's not worth) but Gilgit-balistan.

1/3rd of GB population are Shias/Ismali and they are pro-India like Shia's of Kargil-Drass region. They help Indian Army.

Last edited:

Adux

Country flag
Gentlemen,

The Brigadier will tell you that both sides are very firmly entrenched in all of the LoC area. We will be able to gobble up lands in the plains and dessert.
Taking back PoK on a nuclear scene is not worth it. For every soldier of theirs in PoK area, we would require 9.

agentperry

Gentlemen,

The Brigadier will tell you that both sides are very firmly entrenched in all of the LoC area. We will be able to gobble up lands in the plains and dessert.
Taking back PoK on a nuclear scene is not worth it. For every soldier of theirs in PoK area, we would require 9.
filmy dialogues not allowed

Galaxy

Country flag
We can use Heavy transport Heli, C-130J, C-17 for fast mobilising of troops once risk is cleared. from our side and may be Tajkistan airbase.

Also, we don't need to move 2,00,000 troops in 2 days, Even 2 month is fine. We have 3 corps with 2,00,000 soldiers mostly mountain division in J&K are permanently stationed. 1 More corps in Yol (H.P) too.

Galaxy

Country flag
7 pages and 63 posts and No one able to give and elaborate any valid reason why we can't take GB except few from Messiah and Pmaitra. :rolleyes:

Most of the people have fixed Mindset that "Simply, We can't"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles