Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whitecollar

Country flag

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Nice gun the 203!...now time for rant:
What is that muzzle placement bruh...and what kind of obsession do desi troops have with buttstock removal? Is this the 70s or they've really mastered the art of mitigating 7.62 recoil??

UNGenrals wants the gun in dirt cheap price and ends up replacing buttstock to an older style. Our Jawans went one step further and removed the buttstock itself.

Infantry school still not reached year 2000 for now.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
These pictures I assume are from front line . our soldiers are not incompetent Muppets like many of you seem to assume them to be .
As for the buttstock part, ak 203 has a foldable buttstock.
You see , a foldable buttstock like here.
IMG_0715.jpeg
20240528_221730.jpg

What you folks are even high upon ?
Matlab burai karne ke liye aaplog bolenge bas ?
There are thousands of pictures of our soldiers with Kalashnikovs , where have you folks seen a chopped off buttstock removed deliberately by the jawans ?
@Arjun Mk1A
@Whitecollar

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
AK 203 MKI , adopted by indian army is not a downgraded version.
The buttstock is not adjustable though, that may be an issue. I assume but not something very acute .
@Johny_Baba
How does the buttstock affect a shooters capability since ak 203 mki has no adjustable stock ?

kaboom

Country flag
AK 203 MKI , adopted by indian army is not a downgraded version.
The buttstock is not adjustable though, that may be an issue. I assume but not something very acute .
@Johny_Baba
How does the buttstock affect a shooters capability since ak 203 mki has no adjustable stock ?
1718820184657.png

Having a non adjusting buttstock effects the length of pull which in turn might cause issues in recoil control, maneuvering and general discomfort for some users .
It would be fine for most of them , but for people with smaller stature like child soldiers (jk) this will cause an issue .

Thus having an adjustable buttstock is preferred as it allows users to adjust as per their requirement and ensures max efficiency and comfort . But don't worry they are gonna replace them anyway in a few years with the mods .

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
These pictures I assume are from front line . our soldiers are not incompetent Muppets like many of you seem to assume them to be .
As for the buttstock part, ak 203 has a foldable buttstock.
You see , a foldable buttstock like here.View attachment 258634View attachment 258635
What you folks are even high upon ?
Matlab burai karne ke liye aaplog bolenge bas ?
There are thousands of pictures of our soldiers with Kalashnikovs , where have you folks seen a chopped off buttstock removed deliberately by the jawans ?
@Arjun Mk1A
@Whitecollar

Sorry my friend. Could not able to see the foldable buttstock on that pic.

But But the original AK 203 has this buttstock.
1718856899809.png

But we downgraded it in the name of cost cutting. As @kaboom told in next few years we will started to mod them out. Thus X dollars in Gun + Y dollars in Mods to upgrade them where this adjustable buttstock will come back.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

View attachment 258654

But we downgraded it in the name of cost cutting. As @kaboom told in next few years we will started to mod them out. Thus X dollars in Gun + Y dollars in Mods to upgrade them where this adjustable buttstock will come back.
Already modded a few with sssd kit

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Why we opted for the traditional butt instead of the M4 style, one factor is cost but other than that? We are already paying a premium for it.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag

View attachment 258654

This one has issues that make using slings impractical. It's good we didn't take this.

There is another style of stock that is used with AK 12 I Think, that one is decent.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Why we opted for the traditional butt instead of the M4 style, one factor is cost but other than that? We are already paying a premium for it.
At first they say we love foldable butt stocks they are easier to carry and in few years they upgrade their kits only they know what's up with them

tomthounaojam

Country flag
At first they say we love foldable butt stocks they are easier to carry and in few years they upgrade their kits only they know what's up with them
IMHO, instead of spending such a huge amount of money, we should have just upgraded all the AK-47s in the inventory

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles