Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Looks like they were inspired by the AR15 quite alot looking at the bolt/bolt carrier and buffer system.
What i dont understand is its fixed reciprocating charging handle on the wrong side of the reciever.
Its in the right side or is it ambidextrous? Either way i never felt the right side charging handle that much difficult,infact i liked the Ak/Sterling cocking easier than SLR or Insas.Though thumb operated fireselectors should be just over the left hand thumb just like in M4.Don’t know how people operated the selectors of VZ58s and early prototype AK12s which are in right

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
mind your words it's AI enabled ............. now a days everything is AI
I see cutting edge indeed .
But still it's power source seems like a gypsy battery kek.
The afsar sahab whose gypsies battery was taken out for this demo will not be very pleased.
On the other hand , what exactly is that abomination and what it does ,lastly why was it even made ?
And why the setup looks like it's from a gun range from Texas or Nevada of the United States ?

kaboom

Country flag
I see cutting edge indeed .
But still it's power source seems like a gypsy battery kek.
The afsar sahab whose gypsies battery was taken out for this demo will not be very pleased.
On the other hand , what exactly is that abomination and what it does ,lastly why was it even made ?
And why the setup looks like it's from a gun range from Texas or Nevada of the United States ?
I guess they wanted to make a cheap RCWS . The concept in itself is great but the way it is setup it would be almost impossible to make reasonably accurate shots with this . I cant see any way you would be able to calibrate this setup , it does not have a stable foundation which means it will loose zero after every shot due to the recoil.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
How dare you question efficacy of this Next Gen AI driven platform?

Run 40km uphill with 40kg bagpack and then write the source code for predator drone before you question the military's logic.
True, we must listen to the words of @MisraZ as he has achieved the proud achievement of the highest degree of being blocked on X by Genrail Tiny🙏🏼.

binayak95

Country flag

@Johny_Baba what are the implications? Is it practical?
lemme reply from the AI side of things - unless they are using distributed computing - ergo staying connected permanently to a 4G network - its next to impossible to carry a GPU permanently attached to your gun without fucking up the weight and bulk.

Them yahoodis have a sight system where the software predicts and calculates aim point to hit drones - its pure openCV + Extend. Kalman Filter algos and that thing is HEAVY.

Spindrift

@Johny_Baba what are the implications? Is it practical?
It's probably something on the lines of the following

View attachment 219656
View attachment 219657

This japani guy is modifying (reprogramming?) airsoft gun's replica sights to project aviation style 'HUD' on them, he seemingly also "calibrated" (? how, beyond my understanding) for different actual rifle calibres 🤔
and making different switchable ;displays; like this CQB one etc
It's his hobby project for Airsoft guns and he even sold some of them to similarly interested hobbyists but what an idea

Imagine owning a 3-d printer and some electronics kits suitable for this and glasses and source code and ability to combine everything together and..

moreover to that, he's integrating actual ballistic elements to this "HUD Sights
View attachment 219658
he says they have included a data package for more than just airsoft - like 9mm-5.56mm-even 50cal

Global Defence

New threads

Articles