Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
View attachment 215575
Underfold FAL is hideous
It's from Swedish Army's prototypes for paratroopers, vehicle crew etc, they had both side folder and underfolder stock variant, by the time some of them were put in limited service side folding stock became standard one for obvious reasons, but once stock extended on this one it did look passable i think.
1690065302380.png

They also had THE PERFECT FAL ASSAULT-CUM-BATTLE RIFLE VARIANT among them in trials, chambered in 6.5x55mm Swedish round
AM.006726 (1).jpg
AM.006726.jpg

it was trialed but later they adopted NATO 7.62x51mm chambered rifles only

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
So Bhai mere, if ultimately you had to post "Google" then why did you bother asking here on the forum?

1. He writes Dragunov as a British rifle!

2. Use your common sense. How can a rifle from 1947 be better than freaking 8 sniper rifles designed from 80s to 10s!? Moreover we don't even use three naught three

4. Army don't even have these, only CAPFs use them

8. This is not even a sniper rifle, it's an anti-material rifle

9-10. Again if you have some common sense, how come two most recent rifles from 2019-21 be the lowest ranking!?

Please don't follow people who themselves claim that they don't have much to do with facts, as compared to imaginations
View attachment 215552
" I like when people learn from my own perspective , even if it's bullshit "
There made it better for Miss Shubhangee Sharma.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
‘Try not to dispute anything. When I saw your post, doubt came on my mind about your post. Only then I began to Google and then I discovered that your post is utterly butterfly wrong.

My question earlier was to find in the direction of SAKO has arrived in large numbers or not……

The moral of this story is not to run to hastily post until you know something more than others.
@no disrespect intended but @Lonewarrior certainly knows more than you or I do wrt firearms.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
" I like when people learn from my own perspective , even if it's bullshit "
There made it better for Miss Shubhangee Sharma.
I was rooting so much for her, you can't believe.

Imagine a gal with such a sexy sounding name having knowledge about sniper rifles, I mean if she can't be the mother of my kids then who!?

But Didi dusre number pe hi hag di, .303 SMLE is second best rifle

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Do we manufacture bullets like these guys in ofb?
Not earlier, but from few years we have started upgrading our factories to almost the "Western" standards. If I'm not wrong then at least in OFB Ishapore we use ammunition manufacturing machines from an Indian firm by the name Bimex India.

So given how strong our PR is there's no video from OFB on ammo production but Bimex has some on their channel

So tl;dr not cutting edge like Sellier & Bellot or Lapua but still quite good.

And ya, we also don't have those big b00bed girls. Sed

FireStar

Country flag
Not earlier, but from few years we have started upgrading our factories to almost the "Western" standards. If I'm not wrong then at least in OFB Ishapore we use ammunition manufacturing machines from an Indian firm by the name Bimex India.

So given how strong our PR is there's no video from OFB on ammo production but Bimex has some on their channel

So tl;dr not cutting edge like Sellier & Bellot or Lapua but still quite good.

And ya, we also don't have those big b00bed girls. Sed
Good to know that we are doing some inprovements regarding this. If I am correct earlier there were alot of complaints regarding ofb bullets being of poor quality i.e lower velocity and generating more residue.

Reactions: SKC

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Good to know that we are doing some inprovements regarding this. If I am correct earlier there were alot of complaints regarding ofb bullets being of poor quality i.e lower velocity and generating more residue.
Yup, 7.62x51mm ammo was way too hot, 5.56x45mm was some weird "INSAS" spec not the usual NATO, civilian ammo had quite a high variation, dud rate was also high.
But now things have started to change, we now use Belgian spec gunpowder, all ammos are NATO spec, we have started to export to US markets, new machines are there.

But perhaps most importantly, military now has homegrown alternatives to OFB in the form of SSS Defence and Hughes Precision in terms of ammo.

FireStar

Country flag
Yup, 7.62x51mm ammo was way too hot, 5.56x45mm was some weird "INSAS" spec not the usual NATO, civilian ammo had quite a high variation, dud rate was also high.
But now things have started to change, we now use Belgian spec gunpowder, all ammos are NATO spec, we have started to export to US markets, new machines are there.

But perhaps most importantly, military now has homegrown alternatives to OFB in the form of SSS Defence and Hughes Precision in terms of ammo.
Does army buy from SSS defence and Hughes precision?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles