Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Whoever does this to their weapon deserves getting hot oil spit on their faces.
Then you don't know anything. These weapons were being rinsed with hot water after firing to avoid the carbon accumulation. And before you jump the gun, every weapon fired at the range will be cleaned immediately and when they go back to the kote, they clean it with hot water and then lubricate them. Nothing but a standard procedure and a post firing inspection by a qualified armourer takes place and he gives a clean chit.

Some units make their own hot water cleaning rig where hot water is poured into the barrels continuously for sometime before lubrication and cleaning.

Oil in your face.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Then you don't know anything. These weapons were being rinsed with hot water after firing to avoid the carbon accumulation. And before you jump the gun, every weapon fired at the range will be cleaned immediately and when they go back to the kote, they clean it with hot water and then lubricate them. Nothing but a standard procedure and a post firing inspection by a qualified armourer takes place and he gives a clean chit.

Some units make their own hot water cleaning rig where hot water is poured into the barrels continuously for sometime before lubrication and cleaning.

Oil in your face.
I dont see the point, unless you are using corrosive ammo, washing you barrel with hot water is unnecessary. You dont have to boil your rifle evertime you fire them.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

His stance ain’t right no?

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
I dont see the point, unless you are using corrosive ammo, washing you barrel with hot water is unnecessary. You dont have to boil your rifle evertime you fire them.
I have explained it in my previous post. It's trivial if you see the point or not and the same applies for me as well. Barell washing is not to avoid corrosion, it's to heat up the carbon accumulation so that it can be cleaned with lubricants.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
gun nut nibbas does the gun look ergonomic and all
That gun is basically a FN-SCAR copy. In this thread long back @Johny_Baba or someone explained how some blueprints of few guns are freely available in Internet after the IPR ends in US. Some of these startups got that blueprints and able to fabricate it here.

Even Astr guy evaded some question during interview regarding the inspiration or something. But he also said he has 3 patents on this Gun. So at least it may have alterations.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
That gun is basically a FN-SCAR copy. In this thread long back @Johny_Baba or someone explained how some blueprints of few guns are freely available in Internet after the IPR ends in US. Some of these startups got that blueprints and able to fabricate it here.

Even Astr guy evaded some question during interview regarding the inspiration or something. But he also said he has 3 patents on this Gun. So at least it may have alterations.
well the design of INDRA seems to be evolving from what they previously shown, from near-perfect SCAR derivative but position of charging handle was pushed forward instead of centreline in SCAR, now they have put it on centreline but altered overall design to not make it exactly SCAR like, so highly possible.
P.S. not sure but they could have also changed gas system here from SCAR's flat tappet piston (without return spring) to ACR-like one with piston+return spring+pusher operating rod etc like i.e. making it ACR derivative in theory at least - but only a proper disassembly view can confirm this unless consider it a SCAR derivative

BTW i haven't been able to find papers or 3d CAD modelling of SCAR yet, actually never bothered much about it as essentially it is an AR-18 derivative

Last edited:

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
well the design of INDRA seems to be evolving from what they previously shown, from near-perfect SCAR copy but position of charging handle was pushed forward instead of centreline in SCAR, now they have put it on centreline but altered overall design to not make it exactly SCAR like, so highly possible.

BTW i haven't been able to find papers or 3d CAD modelling of SCAR yet, actually never bothered much about it as essentially it is an AR-18 derivative... 😏 though i do have full papers of *cough* AR, AK, SturmGewehr44, MP-5 and so

Thanks, baba, for this information.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
so after some flashbacks reminds me of the arma 3 nsgw,frekaing uncanny View attachment 181620

Guns R&D pretty much plateaued. Current focus may be on Bullets and Scopes. If guys like SSS and ASTR able to provide reliable firearms to troops. Then it is a win-win for both troops and these firms. Also, GoI should encourage to sell guns in international markets also.

Business is Business.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
How does 5.56 have more range than 7.62 nato?

View attachment 181585
It doesnt. Theoretically, you put a 5.56 in a 20 inch barrel single shot bolt action, you may be able to hit till 700m. But if you do that for 7.62 nato, you will get 1000m+
To me, 7.62 nato and 7.62x39 figures seem alright, though they seem to be figures for combat effectiveness with iron sights. 5.56 will be more like 400m, corresponding to the other values.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles