Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Covfefe

Country flag
It would be shamefull to buy completely foreign thing with ak 203 atleast thye are making it here.
The same OFB will be making 203s too, then we should not cry if the polymer part of the rifle wears off after a few days. We can manufacture everything, choosing where to spend all the energy on priority basis is where the management's role come in

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I am no small arms expert but looking at the product quality vs the cost of procurement, rifles should have been directly imported from the US/ any other country which could satisfy the Army's needs, like the Sigs. The total AK203 deal after all the years of drama came to 5000 crore which is like 700 million USD. Instead of risking so much(Quality, Schedule) and taking all this headache, a direct contract to a foreign company would have saved a whole lot of trouble. They could focus their energy for indigenisation of big ticket items like Tanks, Arty, SAMs and stuff.
IDK but the new factory is set up with kalash concern, the designs will be usable atleast unlike some stuff OFB puts out.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
The same OFB will be making 203s too, then we should not cry if the polymer part of the rifle wears off after a few days. We can manufacture everything, choosing where to spend all the energy on priority basis is where the management's role come in
OFB and kalash concern. Kalash has almost 50% stake.

Whitecollar

Country flag
Woah bro...now I know that OFB did a world class fuckery in QC while mass producing the INSAS, but polymer surprisingly has stayed normal and held it's own till now. Infact, there was never any issue as such with Polymer(that too front furniture) of of INSAS to begin with...

images (12) (30).jpeg

Notice the Polymer furniture of captured INSAS rifles from Maoists

images (12) (31).jpeg

Overused fromt polymer condition
images (14) (9).jpeg

Again, recovered INSAS from armed insurgents(notice how the receiver got corroded yet the polymer stays)

another_armchair

Country flag
Woah bro...now I know that OFB did a world class fuckery in QC while mass producing the INSAS, but polymer surprisingly has stayed normal and held it's own till now. Infact, there was never any issue as such with Polymer(that too front furniture) of of INSAS to begin with...

View attachment 131908

View attachment 131909
View attachment 131910
Again, recovered INSAS from armed insurgents(notice how the receiver got corroded yet the polymer stays)
The polymer furniture of INSAS was sourced from Neelkamal furnitures no?

Covfefe

Country flag

View attachment 131908

View attachment 131909
View attachment 131910
Sorry, man. I just used polymer as an example of what could possibly go wrong with the absence of workmanship that's there in OFB. A manufacturer who does not take pride in what he produces will never make a fine product.

Covfefe

Country flag
IDK but the new factory is set up with kalash concern, the designs will be usable atleast unlike some stuff OFB puts out.
Exactly my point, even after a circus of so many years, public investment in a new factory (that effectively raises the price than a better imported rifle), we still have to stay content with a "workable" design, it's better to take the alternative route, in my opinion. Especially when import bills aren't that big for the item

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
French have gone with HK416 and design as to be reliable before being futuristic
Ok than but still , maybe in the 2040s onwards we might start seeing such designs for Guns being Implemented. We never know what the Future holds my Man.
08d3bdaff4e8a5c519f4c38957f4ff28.jpg

Global Defence

New threads

Articles