Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ManhattanProject

Country flag
>TRICHY VANILLA AK REEEE AIN'T ARMEE GONNA INDUCT IT
oh yeah and AK-203 is brand new "exciting, entertaining design", totally not vanilla AK plus rails
>MODERN AR LIKE SSS P-72
not even one news reel about it being trial-ed, nobody not even me knows exactly what kind of action is there to even conclude something

If only OFB Tiruchirappalli had brought a new Trichy variant based on M5F41 or just done something of their own to put rails on top on dust cover...
...but knowing these guys and their goal-shiftings so well, they would later have asked for something more superficial things like must accept suppressors, must be lightweight below 3 kg, must be having ;recoil reduction systems; {i.e. AR-like inline buffer tube ?}, must have aperture sights, must have ambidextrous fire selectors and what not... 😒
I am pretty sure Trichy already offers a top cover rail.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
>TRICHY VANILLA AK REEEE AIN'T ARMEE GONNA INDUCT IT
oh yeah and AK-203 is brand new "exciting, entertaining design", totally not vanilla AK plus rails
>MODERN AR LIKE SSS P-72
not even one news reel about it being trial-ed, nobody not even me knows exactly what kind of action is there to even conclude something

If only OFB Tiruchirappalli had brought a new Trichy variant based on M5F41 or just done something of their own to put rails on top on dust cover...
...but knowing these guys and their goal-shiftings so well, they would later have asked for something more superficial things like must accept suppressors, must be lightweight below 3 kg, must be having ;recoil reduction systems; {i.e. AR-like inline buffer tube ?}, must have aperture sights, must have ambidextrous fire selectors and what not... 😒
From what i hear p-72 is dead, SSS is now putting its efforts into building a AR15 clone.
Dont post this on twitter. Let them reveal the gun first.

Whitecollar

Country flag
I am pretty sure Trichy already offers a top cover rail.
I was more interested in seeing zero shifting and accuracy reduction comparison of both TAR ans AK 203. After heavy duty usage of both(till barrel gets heated). This would give us atleast an insight about barrel quality of our desi AK. No mud test, extreme environment test, sand test, etc...

As usual, no one from IA, OFB any such org came forward with any info on such trials. Sad to see this rigged acquisition(RIP Excalibur due to which GSQR got changed)...but atleast we have an original Kalash now...

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Lets see what NGSW bring about .according some sources textron is already out.when a winner is declared spec ops may move to it.and if they go for the gun and the systems that come with it its gonna be a good boost
Honestly i found the textron rifle to be the most groundbreaking among the bunch. The sig is just lazy and the general dynamics rifle is a bullpup!!

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars iska koi jawab hai.

Whats exciting is a upper and lower receiver, makes the rifle much more modular. Can swap uppers and lowers. For example you could swap a 5.56 upper for a 300blk. If you want compatibility with AR15 mags all you have to do is swap the lower. In the future, polimer lowers can also be experimented with.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
This is perhaps first time i'm seeing ASMI being fired, and judging from this small clip it seems rate of fire on Asmi could be around 750 rounds per minute.
Very promising, they seem to have ironed out the kinks. Pay attention to the electronic earpro he is using. First time seeing those proper ones in India.
He should really be heading a design bureao.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Honestly i found the textron rifle to be the most groundbreaking among the bunch. The sig is just lazy and the general dynamics rifle is a bullpup!!
SIG isn't lazy they are trying to right many wrongs on AR design (albeit in kind of overengineering way, yes but still), as well as bringing some platform commonality between rifle and machine gun design,

GD are mainly focused in making practical full powered bullpup rifle and their muzzle device is quite revolutionary tbh, also their design is mainly focused around SAW requirements rathern than service rifle one,

Textron and so are backing on CT version of the ammo but their design is most complex among competitors so perhaps out of competiton

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
This is perhaps first time i'm seeing ASMI being fired, and judging from this small clip it seems rate of fire on Asmi could be around 750 rounds per minute.
Ya'll Nibbiars how does it compare to the JVPC's?.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars how does it compare to the JVPC's?.
hard to say honestly at this stage,
both are fine in their own regards,
JVPC is at its core a scaled down, semi-bullpup-ised AK in sectioned receiver configuration; has got a gas system for effective cycling of the firearm and so, chambered in unique 5.56x30mm round,
also the kind of bullet it fires is promised to have 5.56 NATO like performance upto some close range of 200 metres and so, despite its ;protective carbine; namesake role whatever,
rate of fire on it also appears to be higher than what we saw on Asmi,
and weight of course is higher than Asmi,

Asmi, chambered in regular 9x19mm parabellum, a new design, blowback type, feeds from Glock pattern magazines, rate of fire seems 700-750 some rounds per minute, has slightly better ambidextrous controls than JVPC, has got full length rail on top with removable sights etc, hopefully would also be given a suppressor for certain roles, i guess ?

^^keeping thesebasics in mind i believe Asmi could very well be an effective supplement if not replacement for all Uzi, MP-9, MP-5, MX-4 etc lots of 9mm SMGs here, and since it also feeds from Glock pattern mags could very well bring commonality of magazines too since thousands of Glock pistols already in service,

JVPC seems to be a purpose built replacement for 9mm Sterling 'Carbines' in almost all aspects, a compact carbine like weapon meant for vehicle crews as well as high intense CQB roles [i.e. it is mostly supposed to be a counter-offensive weapon for personal defense but can very well keel if situation arises], it also is given a bayonet for similar reasons i think, and giving to its weight and unique ammo it uses i think it is better kept that way instead of standard issue SMG-ish weapon*
*Unless we also start bringing out 5.56x30mm Pistols here, making the ammo more prevalent and useful for other roles, don't understand why it wasn't done while we happily inducted FN FiveseveN pistols [chambered in 5.7x28mm FN rounds that we also mostly are importing i guess] in various SFs already and remember it was reported that JVPC was also adopted by SPGs here in some numbers so 5.56x30mm ain't some nobody round if it's also serving in protection of muh VIP peepul.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
hard to say honestly at this stage,
both are fine in their own regards,
JVPC is at its core a scaled down, semi-bullpup-ised AK in sectioned receiver configuration; has got a gas system for effective cycling of the firearm and so, chambered in unique 5.56x30mm round,
also the kind of bullet it fires is promised to have 5.56 NATO like performance upto some close range of 200 metres and so, despite its ;protective carbine; namesake role whatever,
rate of fire on it also appears to be higher than what we saw on Asmi,
and weight of course is higher than Asmi,

Asmi, chambered in regular 9x19mm parabellum, a new design, blowback type, feeds from Glock pattern magazines, rate of fire seems 700-750 some rounds per minute, has slightly better ambidextrous controls than JVPC, has got full length rail on top with removable sights etc, hopefully would also be given a suppressor for certain roles, i guess ?

^^keeping thesebasics in mind i believe Asmi could very well be an effective supplement if not replacement for all Uzi, MP-9, MP-5, MX-4 etc lots of 9mm SMGs here, and since it also feeds from Glock pattern mags could very well bring commonality of magazines too since thousands of Glock pistols already in service,

JVPC seems to be a purpose built replacement for 9mm Sterling 'Carbines' in almost all aspects, a compact carbine like weapon meant for vehicle crews as well as high intense CQB roles [i.e. it is mostly supposed to be a counter-offensive weapon for personal defense but can very well keel if situation arises], it also is given a bayonet for similar reasons i think, and giving to its weight and unique ammo it uses i think it is better kept that way instead of standard issue SMG-ish weapon*
*Unless we also start bringing out 5.56x30mm Pistols here, making the ammo more prevalent and useful for other roles, don't understand why it wasn't done while we happily inducted FN FiveseveN pistols [chambered in 5.7x28mm FN rounds that we also mostly are importing i guess] in various SFs already and remember it was reported that JVPC was also adopted by SPGs here in some numbers so 5.56x30mm ain't some nobody round if it's also serving in protection of muh VIP peepul.
Ya'll Nibbiars Aap ko expert bana dala.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I know it was decided by mods to not let 3-d printed stuff posted here for known reasons but pardon me taking some ;chhut; this one time,

So, Since we manufacture those licensed copies of Browning Hi-Power here and also widely using it as standard issue pistol and so,
also since those new polymer frame guns like ARDE's Asmi machine pistol and so coming out with 3-d printed receiver and so,
i think it's time to at least upgrade those pistol with lighter polymer frames like this 3-d printed one here,

This effectively brings weight of the pistol down to about 30 to 35 percent, near to that of a Glock 19 while still being sturdier enough for a service weapon,
also we could also add a small rail section under frame for lasers, lights etc stuff,
all this requires is 10-min parts replacement from older frame to this newer one at armourer's bench...

So yeah, a cheaper and practical solution to upgrade service pistols here than bringing dem Masada and what not...perhaps in future production guns OFB successor could make it standard to have them Pistol Auto 9mm in polymer frame ?

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles