Should Indian Army have its Own Stryker concept ?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
well kunal i belive u seek mobility in ur plan so this should be a kind parachute regiments mechanised infantry,just a thought wat do u say?
This force is a fast moving, quick deployment with infantry, It can be parachute mobile in IL-76/C-130/C17..

Its job to support infinity in most inaccessible terrain where regular Armour cannot reach, Infantry with Armour is a strong combination and can fight through and defend most issues..

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
In frontal border areas, Roads are much more worst and narrow so does sharp turnings..

--------------------------------------------------
There are no implications of 8x8 or 6x6 but custom made 4X4 ..
Kunalji I think the weight of the vehicle distrubuted in 4 sets of wheel itself is a limiting factor for the amount of load the vehicle can tackle in offroad or no road harsh condition, for an armoured vehicle with the amount of load distributed per wheel will be higher in four sets of wheels in 4x4 configuration then compared to 6x6 configuration, I believe for a given platform a 4x4 configuration will be lighter so more maneuverable then compared to 6x6 config. but for a high load situation with thick armour and heavy fire power on off road the 6x6 will better tackle the unforgiving off road condition then a 4x4 at that load condition as weight distribution does better for 6x6 axle then a 4x4 axle. A 4x4 tank can be a poor performer on offroad.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
A decision on the number of axles will depend on the amount of weight the vehicle have to handle and the topography around as army vehicle 'should' offroad .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

It have to be custom made..

Kunalji I think the weight of the vehicle distrubuted in 4 sets of wheel itself is a limiting factor for the amount of load the vehicle can tackle in offroad or no road harsh condition, for an armoured vehicle with the amount of load distributed per wheel will be higher in four sets of wheels in 4x4 configuration then compared to 6x6 configuration, I believe for a given platform a 4x4 configuration will be lighter so more maneuverable then compared to 6x6 config. but for a high load situation with thick armour and heavy fire power on off road the 6x6 will better tackle the unforgiving off road condition then a 4x4 at that load condition as weight distribution does better for 6x6 axle then a 4x4 axle. A 4x4 tank can be a poor performer on offroad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles