Should Indian Army have its Own Stryker concept ?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Pictures long due, these are from my personal collections about the small idea regarding the terrain that these vehicles will be operating in.. >>>>

In frontal border areas, Roads are much more worst and narrow so does sharp turnings..

--------------------------------------------------
There are no implications of 8x8 or 6x6 but custom made 4X4 ..

An APC/IFV not scout vehicle like BRDM.I was not being specific on Stryker my question was more like what are the implications of having an APC 8x8 or 6x6.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Build up Areas >>>>

These Roads are carved over mountains, They are narrow and sharp it takes a lot of workout for a Simple Stallion to move around..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
This one also looks nimble...

ARMA 6X6

Length, 6,428 m;
Width, 2,708 m;
Height, 2.223 m.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Wont fit, Look at the pictures i posted and the width of the truck in under 2.2meters, Most vehicles you posting are way more than that..

That is why, Indian need have to be custom Indian made vehicle..

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh

Warthog from the game Halo, I like its all steering wheels, applying this on wheeled armoured vehicle we have a tank like steering system for the wheeled vehicle :namaste:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Good find but puma was already posted here in 4x4 config, though there is also other issues like it have to be Amphibious..

Also i was thinking that instead of BMP-3 turret one may get Breach loaded 120mm Motar system (AMS-2), It will provide both direct fire and indirect when needed, This remove the need for specific MGS and Separate Motar system and IFV, One can add 50cal mount or just another RCWS over one turret, This will reduce number of variant..

The Vehicle need to have many changes in that sense one may have to construct a new vehicle for specific purposes but on same chassis...

However, Puma it seems is a small frame to mount heavier turret/weapons like 30mm autocannon...

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Of course. But with such a small dimension requirement the trick is how to integrate weapons systems. Without heavier weapon you'll have only recon vehicles with limited infantry carrying capability.

JBH22

So a TATA LSV pimped with a AGL grenade launcher or NSV heavy machine/Kornet Anti tank missile will do it?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Of course. But with such a small dimension requirement the trick is how to integrate weapons systems. Without heavier weapon you'll have only recon vehicles with limited infantry carrying capability.
Indeed, The vehicles i posted on first page gives a proper idea, Its not that difficult to place a weapon system but the trick is you have to design weapon according to the vehicle or design vehicle according to the weapon suit..

So a TATA LSV pimped with a AGL grenade launcher or NSV heavy machine/Kornet Anti tank missile will do it?
Please have a throughout read of the first post...

The Vehicle not only to have Armour protection but amphibious, Compact with variety of weapons suits and variety of works..

Few of them posted on first page..

JBH22

@ Kunal so better continue with the BRDM-2

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
BRDM is good vehicle, But need extensive redesigning, Better to make something based on BRDM or anyother but different in terms of many other things..

@ Kunal so better continue with the BRDM-2

kshkumsin

BRDM is good vehicle, But need extensive redesigning, Better to make something based on BRDM or anyother but different in terms of many other things..
well kunal i belive u seek mobility in ur plan so this should be a kind parachute regiments mechanised infantry,just a thought wat do u say?

JBH22

Well the worst part is that infrastructure is still stuck in the 40-50s and nobody ever cared to developed these states.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles