Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

WarPigeon

ISW is finally updating its maps to reflect the tactical counterattacks in Bakhmut. Previously I just thought the news was just hyped up trench back and forth and Prigozhin being a crybaby again, but holy crap. He better avoid any windows if he travels to Moscow.

I am sorry for every doubting the wisdom of Ukrainian command for staying in Bakhmut.

Master Chief

Country flag
Yesterday another Su25 of the nazis were shot down… it’s funny they want the F16.. it will end the reputation of F16…:pound:
F-16s will be shot down too.. but they are more capable than Su-25, and can drop bombs from farther away from the front lines.. Anyway, it's always better to have than not have fighter aircraft.. F-16 or anything else..

kittoo420

Country flag
BTW how has the experience of Indians been on Russian forums or chats?

I posted that Russian performance was disappointing on a telegram chat and boy did some of the Russians pretty quickly went racist on my ass, talking about how India should worry about pakistan and not Russia, is a beggar country, its nothing without Russia, Russia doesn't need india and so on. Not so different than western white supremacists to be honest.

Now I wonder if we Indians see Russia with needless rose tinted glasses.

Chimpoo

Country flag
I posted that Russian performance was disappointing on a telegram chat and boy did some of the Russians pretty quickly went racist on my ass,
Let's see this. Link?

WarPigeon

Are the russophiles here worried yet about how things will go for Russia?

Dugin is.

... In all seriousness, the funny thing is that the recent Ukrainian gains more resemble over-successful probing attacks than a concentrated offensive.

I hope these are getting pasted in a chronological order.
If anyone operated under the belief that Russia is the hub of anti-racist solidarity for the global south against white supremacist neo-imperialism... Well... I hope you dive down this rabbit hole even deeper.

Saltoro Kangri

Country flag

I posted that Russian performance was disappointing on a telegram chat and boy did some of the Russians pretty quickly went racist on my ass, talking about how India should worry about pakistan and not Russia, is a beggar country, its nothing without Russia, Russia doesn't need india and so on. Not so different than western white supremacists to be honest.

Tell them Russia is doomed. Their minuscule population with 1.5 fertility rate and -0.5% annual population rate won't see next 40-50 yrs. Sugar and skull caps will rule them.

Chimpoo

Country flag
With due respect, the racist Russian(?) user wasn't the first to bring up how "Beggars can't be choosers." If he's genuinely Russian, I guess some pent-up frustration was coming out at how the war has gone so far ,topped off by today's developments around Bakhmut.

Still, you came through by giving proof. So, fair enough !

kittoo420

Country flag
With due respect, the racist Russian(?) user wasn't the first to bring up how "Beggars can't be choosers." If he's genuinely Russian, I guess some frustration coming out at how the war has gone and today's developments around Bakhmut.

Still, you came through by giving proof. So, fair enough.
Maybe something got lost in the translation in the sense that I used that phrase to refer to Russia needing friends and not literally being beggars, which he went on to label Indians as.

He had anyway earlier needlessly inserted indian needing to mind their own business etc so I was agitated by that needless comment anyway. Still I think my main goat was got by the later comments of being beggars and Chilli and poverty and what not.

PETERPIPER

Country flag

Some Indians would do the same no? If there was another war between india and pakistan and a european said the indian performance was below their expectations I think the same would be said. Some would get very defensive.

Some of you do say some nasty things to Akim on here in a similar vein. Its a war nobody likes to hear criticism of their side.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
photo_2023-05-10_10-25-29.jpg

Ukrainian Su-25s are used by American Zuni.
The reports of the Russian General Staff remind me of reports to the Chinese emperor during the opium wars. There were only victorious reports then.
We will run out of ammunition faster than aviation.
An example in the photo. Zuni instead of S-13. Soon we will see Hydra instead of S-8.

Blademaster

Tell them Russia is doomed. Their minuscule population with 1.5 fertility rate and -0.5% annual population rate won't see next 40-50 yrs. Sugar and skull caps will rule them.
Ha ha ha ha then Europe and Ukraine are way even more doomed than Russia!! They all have worse demographics than Russia!

Soldier355

Country flag
Published footage of the impact of the Russian kamikaze drone "Lancet" in the new Ukrainian EW station "Bukovel-AD". The Bukovel-AD electronic warfare complex was put into service in 2016 and is designed to combat drones. According to the developers, the complex suppresses the GPPS navigation of the Russian Orlan-10 UAVs at a distance of up to 100 km, the usual jamming radius: drones is up to 20 km, the deployment time of the complex is 2 minutes. The "Bukovel-AD" installation is placed on various chassis. As a result of the impact of the Lancet kamikaze drone, the Bukovel-AD electronic warfare complex burned down.

sachincba

Country flag

I think your understanding of friendship in international relations is misplaced. There is no principle of friendship in IR. The only principle is self interest. Soviet helped India as a counter to west. India seeked Soviet helped as aounter to American help of Pakistan.
You cannot expect Russia to ever perform any act because it is friends with India. Russia sold cheap oil because it had no better alternatives. India purchased Russian oil because India got it cheap. Noone does anything out of friendship.

NutCracker

Country flag
Miscommunication it seems. Rusky clown seems to be unaware of the phrase "beggars cant be choosers". So might've taken it word to word.

With due respect, the racist Russian(?) user wasn't the first to bring up how "Beggars can't be choosers." If he's genuinely Russian, I guess some pent-up frustration was coming out at how the war has gone so far ,topped off by today's developments around Bakhmut.

Still, you came through by giving proof. So, fair enough !
exactly what came to my mind.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles