Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Blademaster

I had heard that Antonov has a second Airframe of AN-225 which is incomplete. I always wonder if India can fund the construction of the 2nd Airframe and buy it from Ukraine. It would be very nice to use the AN-225 as a cargo plane of India but I don't know if we should buy it or not.
Nah. Spares would be hard to come by. There is a reason why no one bought this plane from Antonov. It's a pain in the @ss to maintain it and if you don't have a spares factory nearby the cost is prohibitive. You are better off flying freighter 748s. If they can convert A380s into freighters that would be awesome but the problem the loading bay only allows for side loading not front/back loading which restricts the type of cargo that can be loaded.

Detective Pennington

Country flag
actually all european countries and usa,austrailia,newzealand and russia will decline in the coming 50 years and in this century due to the simple fact of declining populations.they simply cant enact policy to stop this too,so it is kind of set in stone.also immigration wont resolve this issue and could add more problems as immigrants can manipulate your foreign policy and internal policy and force politicians to not care about big power status and focus on various gibs for the immigrant interms of material and rights.

in this way russia is actually in a better position as even though its population will decline,its population and culture will of a higher quality as they dont have a massive internal self hatred problem unlike in the west where it is burrowed deep in the countries laws and culture for decades.

this century is where a lot of countries of european stock lose a lot of population along with east asian countries and hence lose their relevance in the world of geopolitics.

the major issue is,atleast in the east they are not making the problem worse by introducing people of a different stock in arge nos which have diverse views on how the country should run unlike in europe which will make all foreign policy manuevering hard.
India won't be in that much of a different boat though, still 15% will be dissidents. Not to mention Khalistani ******s and Christ-cucks.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Nah. Spares would be hard to come by. There is a reason why no one bought this plane from Antonov. It's a pain in the @ss to maintain it and if you don't have a spares factory nearby the cost is prohibitive. You are better off flying freighter 748s. If they can convert A380s into freighters that would be awesome but the problem the loading bay only allows for side loading not front/back loading which restricts the type of cargo that can be loaded.
You do have a point with regards to the AN-225. I totally agree with them but Just imagine how nice and cool it would be to see india Have a plane like it in its Inventory. I just listed out an Hypothetical scenario and nothing else.

Blademaster

You do have a point with regards to the AN-225. I totally agree with them but Just imagine how nice and cool it would be to see india Have a plane like it in its Inventory. I just listed out an Hypothetical scenario and nothing else.
It is nice and cool and in the past I had a fantasy of IAF owning and flying these big birds. But as you get older you get wiser and you start realizing that owning & flying and maintaining are two different things. What I would like to see is more C-17s or a desi version of C-17s. That would be awesome.

Super Flanker

Country flag
It is nice and cool and in the past I had a fantasy of IAF owning and flying these big birds. But as you get older you get wiser and you start realizing that owning & flying and maintaining are two different things. What I would like to see is more C-17s or a desi version of C-17s. That would be awesome.
More C-17 Globemasters for Indian airforce is not possible as the Production line for the C-17 has already been closed by Boeing. So no more additional C-17s for IAF. I think so we are developing our own Indigenous options under Saras MK-2. (Now leave it as thread is getting derailed).

Blademaster

I hope Russia will seize these planes as punishments against the western countries for the sanctions they imposed and seizing properties and assets of overseas Russians. If one can play this game, the other can play this game as well.

I sincerely and fervently hope and pray that Russia start seizing western assets. Russia absolutely have nothing to lose and start demanding payments upfront for any shipments of oil and charge a 30% surcharge fees on Maersk and any other shipping line companies who have followed the western sanctions if they come back and ask to ship cargo back and forth to Russia.

Another thing that the Russia government can do-- declare all IPR in the western countries to be void and null and authorize all russian companies to manufacture any western goods for consumption in Russia and other countries who do not wish to follow the western world.

Super Flanker

Country flag
I know. GoI took too long to make up its mind that it wanted more orders. When it did, it was too late.
Our GOI always tends to take decisions for anything Very late. Which is something that I obviously dislike. Anyways I wonder if we could buy the Production line of C-17 from Boeing and Manufacture the C-17s in India itself (Private Sector firm like TATA could do it)

Blademaster

Our GOI always tends to take decisions for anything Very late. Which is something that I obviously dislike. Anyways I wonder if we could buy the Production line of C-17 from Boeing and Manufacture the C-17s in India itself (Private Sector firm like TATA could do it)
No can do. The subcomponent suppliers have gone out of business or dismantled their machinery to produce those parts unique to the C-17 line such as the main wing spar. There are some subcontractors still producing h spares but only to keep servicing the current C-17 fleet to keep them flying but not the main components. C-17s have been flying for almost 30 years. I think it is time for a replacement of the C-17s.

Blademaster

Another thing that the Russia government can do-- declare all IPR in the western countries to be void and null and authorize all russian companies to manufacture any western goods for consumption in Russia and other countries who do not wish to follow the western world.
If USA ever decides to declare sanctions upon us, I hope the GoI have balls to declare that the IP rights for the pharmaceutical drugs are null and void and start manufacturing every drug owned by the western companies and start selling them. The same goes for any software apps such as Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

DEV1729

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

I hope Russia will seize these planes as punishments against the western countries for the sanctions they imposed and seizing properties and assets of overseas Russians. If one can play this game, the other can play this game as well.

I sincerely and fervently hope and pray that Russia start seizing western assets. Russia absolutely have nothing to lose and start demanding payments upfront for any shipments of oil and charge a 30% surcharge fees on Maersk and any other shipping line companies who have followed the western sanctions if they come back and ask to ship cargo back and forth to Russia.

That would be great IPR must be violated to see new stuff .

Shuturmurg

Country flag

Russia ceasing western assets won't be a huge blow to western firms. There are not that many assets in Russia to cease to begin with.

Blademaster

IPR violation will hurt usa more in the long run.
Yep Russia needs to play hardball with the western world. Biden needs to see the scary reality of a pissed off Russian bear. Biden needs to see that Russia & Putin are no German shepherd lapdogs but a fully grown Russian grizzly bear that doesn't take any shit.

By now, I am fully in Russian camp. My hashtag is #IStandwithRussia

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles