Russia Ukraine War 2022

Who will win this war?.

• Total voters

Jimih

Country flag
But, it is unlikely that Russia would attack this consignment as that would be bad PR.
Yes, this should be the proper reason.

Life sustaining food grains carrying ship hit by missiles and mines, the last thing Russia will want in not inviting the wrath of even neutral countries.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Enforcing is different from blasting something to smithereens. Russia does not seem to have enough strength to enforce a blockade but it has enough to take out NATO or Turkish fleet if necessary
Enforcing through ships and through aircrafts are one and the same - enforcement. If Bears can buzz in NATO airspace, don't you think they can do that in Black sea?

omaebakabaka

Enforcing through ships and through aircrafts are one and the same - enforcement. If Bears can buzz in NATO airspace, don't you think they can do that in Black sea?
No, for one you can;t have aircraft flying 24 hours and its expensive to do that eating into life of aircraft....naval blocades are physical with damge done through so many ways but in a limited fashion if it comes to it like boarding the ships and forcing them to anchor. Blockades are generally useless against countries with significant means to cause damage to big ships....Russia already lost moskva, and they don't have many that are capable when NATO is so actively involved with intel and so on

Russia will just wait for next escalation before sinking some cargoes selectively or disabling port infrastructure so it will become pointless.....

Trial By Fire

Basically begging Russia to do something. History nerds would recognize the WW1 echoes of Lusitania in this. With wheat prices already spiking, many traders now holding breath to see what happens to these ‘suicide wheat shipments.’ Food wars on a whole another level.

1667222574562.png

1667222585927.png

Master Chief

Country flag
Russian Black Sea is being shown the middle finger.. Although Russia might not directly hit the grain carrying ships, they need to enforce a blockade to prove their worth..because soon huge quantities of Arms will start being shipped, and Russian Navy would be a joke

Screenshot_20221031-170612_Twitter.jpg

Master Chief

Country flag
Enforcing is different from blasting something to smithereens. Russia does not seem to have enough strength to enforce a blockade but it has enough to take out NATO or Turkish fleet if necessary
Yes.. Russia can take out any NATO fleet in the Black sea, which has limited room for maneuver.. So, NATO ships won't enter the Black sea during the war..
But, US Air force too has the capability to destroy Russia's Black sea fleet ( while sustaining losses )..

DumbPilot

Country flag
War in Ukraine is the most stupid type where two cousins (Russia & Ukraine) are fighting at the behest of a third party i.e. US.

But it has a bright side........ After 75 years, the war has returned to Europe. Now the Asian and African countries are spared of destruction. Thank God for that.
I personally think Russian-Ukrainians are as much related to each other as India-Pakistan were in the 70s

omaebakabaka

Yes.. Russia can take out any NATO fleet in the Black sea, which has limited room for maneuver.. So, NATO ships won't enter the Black sea during the war..
But, US Air force too has the capability to destroy Russia's Black sea fleet ( while sustaining losses )..
Yes and Russia will lose its med access too as they simply don;t have the strength to sustain it in case of full war. USAF is at disadvantage as Russia will chose to attack nato airports and take out early on....Turkey may be a tough case. Russian navy will not survive for long in black or med sea.

Master Chief

Country flag
There was a lot of banter online about Ukraine itself mining and attacking near Odessa a few months back.
I'm not sure with the situation about who is mining and where...will be helpful if someone can clarify.
The port of Odessa has been mined by Ukraine. Although the Grain corridor was demined by Urkaine following the deal.. Russia can use Kilo Subs to mine the waterways taken by Grain ships, and then just say it was a Ukrainian mine, that hit a Grain ship from Odessa..
But, here is the catch.. Russian mine hitting a Ukranian cargo ship would also mean that Russian Grain exports via the black sea will also be attacked by NATO..

Country flag
War in Ukraine is the most stupid type where two cousins (Russia & Ukraine) are fighting at the behest of a third party i.e. US.

But it has a bright side........ After 75 years, the war has returned to Europe. Now the Asian and African countries are spared of destruction. Thank God for that.
It's almost as stupid as partitioning the same people on a religious basis.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles