Russia-Pakistan Rapproachment

bose

Country flag
Re: Russia may supply MI-35 to Pakistan

I understand your position as a nationalist and patriotic Indian and I respect that. So lets agree to disagree on.some points and let the time decide.
Sure no issue from my end... I am not sure if I am a nationalist, but I also do not hold any ill intention to any neighbors, be it Pakistan or Nepal...

Indians want economic development to get over the economic challenges faced by large percentage of people... and it is the priority Number 1...

We have been over this when MM Singh became PM and people were already calling India the next Japan and the France of Asia but we all know where India is today. Even the BRIC is ready to replace India with Indonesia...
India's economic fundamentals are strong... It is the corrupt and inept congress govt of MMS that let down the country badly...

I do not want to be jingoistic here but replacing India by any other third world country is too simplistic as argument.

No one can ignore 1.3 Billion people who constitute 1/6 of the mankind... and with around 300 to 350 million middle class growing rapidly... India will simple beat others by it shear weight...

Modi is a populist and I am sure he will do some good things for India but he is no God nor does he have a magic stick. He's good in playing with people's emotions, telling them exactly what they want to hear. But delivering is a bigger challenge and only time will tell. Lets him complete mid term and see if he delivered what he is promising.
Modi is very pragmatic and is one who has feet on the ground unlike the elitist of Congress...

Indians have given Modi the mandate to perform and deliver and currently Modi is the only one who can give the country the type of growth she need to tide over the economic challenges... Indians will be watching Modi very closely and critically... Indians have to be patient initially for couple of years...

I am personally very up beat and believe he will deliver because Modi is a man of integrity...

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag

china itself have land dispute with china and abe also trying to have good relation with russia. China got just gas pipeline while india is getting fgfa, brahmos-I,II,III,kudankulam, mta,glonass and the gas pipeline too. India is much more to russia than china. China is copy-cat and russia also afraid of it hence the su35 deal not taking place after so much talks..... And most of chinese market is dominated by american and japanese as well as chinese too where in india russia will get more chances and NAMO too gave first priority to russia @Neo.
we also have critical engine technology of su30mki

Last edited by a moderator:

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag

@bose ,can I know who told you indonesia will replace india in brics? None is replacing india but adding indonesia . It will be bricsi.....

bose

Country flag

@bose ,can I know who told you indonesia will replace india in brics? None is replacing india but adding indonesia . It will be bricsi.....
I read in the post#92... some said earlier Brazil a better proposition than India, now see Brazil is growing ~ 1.2 % with much social turmoil while India even at slow rate is 4.8%...

India with 1.3 billion people can not be ignored...

ladder

Country flag

Even the BRIC is ready to replace India with Indonesia...
Sorry, for quoting partially, but sources for this statement are needed.

When did BRICS management say it was even considering replacing India with Indonesia?

Mind you view of Think Tanks, who have no link with BRICS management or Independent experts from HSBC or other financial institutions will not do. AS you have categorically stated "Even the BRIC is ready to replace India with Indonesia..."

So, you are indicating 3 things.

1. BRICS officially considered replacing India.

2. It's still considering and has not retracted. If at all it considered.

You have to prove both.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag

It will be bricsi when indonesia will be added. None is excluding india.... Its only pakis yet dreams.

Neo

Sorry, for quoting partially, but sources for this statement are needed.

When did BRICS management say it was even considering replacing India with Indonesia?

Mind you view of Think Tanks, who have no link with BRICS management or Independent experts from HSBC or other financial institutions will not do. AS you have categorically stated "Even the BRIC is ready to replace India with Indonesia..."

So, you are indicating 3 things.

1. BRICS officially considered replacing India.

2. It's still considering and has not retracted. If at all it considered.

You have to prove both.
Independant economic analysts have more than once raised the question if the 'I' in BRICS should be replaced by Indonesia as Indian growth slumped considerably after 2010 and Indonesia is growing at much higher rate.

BRiC is an acronym, not a country or an econonic block. It has no political or military structure or weight so don't get overhyped.

Next to BRIC there are PINE, MINT, the N11 and god knows how.many terms to describe developping economies.

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag

Independant economic analysts have more than once raised the question if the 'I' in BRICS should be replaced by Indonesia as Indian growth slumped considerably after 2010 and Indonesia is growing at much higher rate.

BRiC is an acronym, not a country or an econonic block. It has no political or military structure or weight so don't get overhyped.

Next to BRIC there are PINE, MINT, the N11 and god knows how.many terms to describe developping economies.
it will be bricsi......

ladder

Country flag

Re-quoting for you

"Even the BRIC is ready to replace India with Indonesia..."
You never mentioned 'independent economists' in your statement. You made it to appear that BRICS was formally looking at the proposal to replace India. But, it was never the case.

Either back your statement with proof or retract.

My analysis of your statement is provided in my previous post, which, you apologetically are letting it pass.

Independent analysts/ individual analysts don't have the power to oust India from BRICS. Other members have to take a majority decision.

The Russia and G-8 are an recent example.

BRICS is a formal association. Where membership is by invitation only.

So, brush up your economics before commenting here.

Oh, another thing it's officially BRICS and not BRIC after addition of South Africa. You should have known.

@pmaitra, your views please.

pankaj nema

Country flag

@Neo

How many Mi 35 you are buying and at what price ie price per helicopter

Neo

Re-quoting for you

You never mentioned 'independent economists' in your statement. You made it to appear that BRICS was formally looking at the proposal to replace India. But, it was never the case.

Either back your statement with proof or retract.

My analysis of your statement is provided in my previous post, which, you apologetically are letting it pass.

Independent analysts/ individual analysts don't have the power to oust India from BRICS. Other members have to take a majority decision.

The Russia and G-8 are an recent example.

BRICS is a formal association. Where membership is by invitation only.

So, brush up your economics before commenting here.

Oh, another thing it's officially BRICS and not BRIC after addition of South Africa. You should have known.

@pmaitra, your views please.

Don't kill the messenger, google BRIC + Indonesia and see the results.

Neo

@Neo

How many Mi 35 you are buying and at what price ie price per helicopter
Initial order is believed to be for two squadrons or 40 Mi-35 at $10m per unit. A decision is expected soon. The negotiations started back in 2010 when Kiyani visited Moscow.

Total requirement is 80.

ladder

Country flag

Don't kill the messenger, google BRIC + Indonesia and see the results.
Messenger will die of sub-continental heat. :taunt:

Messenger doesn't twist statement and lace with fiction, which are provided to him/her to convey. Hope you know the duties and responsibilities of messenger.

Now, provide me the links or retract the statement.

Let me see how ready is BRICS to oust India.

Last I know, PM Modi will be in Brazil mid July for BRICS summit.

Re-quoting for you

" Even the BRIC is ready to replace India with Indonesia..."

ladder

Country flag

it will be bricsi......

BRIICS; but Venezuela, might be inducted this time, She is attending this time as a guest of Russia.

Nigeria is a contender. if inducted will make it BRINCS.

@Neo, I thought Russia has warmed up to Pakistan. China is a friend and South-Africa is a partner. Brazil sell u military equipment.

But, none invited Pakistan as a guest member.

Sad, really sad. Why are they over-looking the fact that Pakistan's GDP growth is 5.1%.

Neo

Messenger will die of sub-continental heat. :taunt:

Messenger doesn't twist statement and lace with fiction, which are provided to him/her to convey. Hope you know the duties and responsibilities of messenger.

Now, provide me the links or retract the statement.

Let me see how ready is BRICS to oust India.

Last I know, PM Modi will be in Brazil mid July for BRICS summit.

Re-quoting for you

" Even the BRIC is ready to replace India with Indonesia..."
Start retracting half the BS that is written about Pakistan here (DFI) and I'd be more than willing to reword my claim.

ladder

Country flag

Start retracting half the BS that is written about Pakistan here (DFI) and I'd be more than willing to reword my claim.
Such a sorry tale. Imagine every tax fraudster said so, to Income Tax officer who has netted him/her to catch all other fraudster before taking action against him/her.

Neo

Such a sorry tale. Imagine every tax fraudster said so, to Income Tax officer who has netted him/her to catch all other fraudster before taking action against him/her.
So why don't you set an example and start with yourself? Clean up your own house first.

ladder

Country flag

So why don't you set an example and start with yourself? Clean up your own house first.
That's mod's job. Secondly, if you retract, you will be placed in higher regards, else we know who you are. It's wouldn't be be the first time your statement have been debunked. Nor will be the last. Your choice.

Thank You.

Neo

That's mod's job. Secondly, if you retract, you will be placed in higher regards, else we know who you are. It's wouldn't be be the first time your statement have been debunked. Nor will be the last. Your choice.

Thank You.
Let the mods do their job.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles