Royal Enfield: The First True 'Global' Indian Brand?

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
One of the unsung influencers among the foreign variety of brand RE was itchyboots.
Marketing campaign of R.E is becoming a case study for management students. RE gave the new Himalayan 452 as a test mule to the Itchyboots lady for her trip to Ladakh. She rode it on her trip and made vlogs. Then RE launched the bike later on. They are becoming good at creating hype for their products on a global level. The company also presents its latest concept models in bike expo shows like EICMA Italy.

SKC

Country flag
While everyone is talking about success of Royal Enfield few are taking about the rise of Classic legends owned brands like Jawa and BSA in multiple countries around the world.... Here are some videos from multiple countries....

Jawa reborn has been a failure so far.

Even their quality and fit n finish is quite poor and miles behind RE. They are trying to woo customers by bringing in Gora reviewers but failing to convert it into sales.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Don't know if I should be talking about Royal Enfield where me myself till date has never tried to even ride a scooter, let alone a bike. And I am 18 years old today. I always tried to convince my mother to at least let me ride a scooter if not a Motorcycle but she always refused telling me that she will only let me do all of this, after I graduate and start earning myself.

Ah the Asian Upbringing of Discipline, strictness really sucks. She tells me that kids of my age should not be driving any type of two-wheeler or four-Wheeler. Sometimes I feel like I am indeed just momma's boy, as my mother refuses to let me get independent and only stay dependent on her. Hope to change in the near future.

That said, I think Royal Enfield is doing great especially in the export market. Weather conditions in western countries are more suitable and friendly towards maintenance of a bike like a RE, and the affordable price tag makes it an even more attractive option for foreign buyers. Hope to see it attract more buyers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles