Royal Enfield: The First True 'Global' Indian Brand?

SKC

Country flag
Manageable, I would say you would still feel the weight, but cruisers were never meant to, you know corner clearing. Meteor 350s mid end is what you would love in the cities or twistiness.

However, I would prefer CB350RS on the twisties because of the better gripping provided by the rear 150 section tires and somewhat useless but still working Traction control. I mean it kicks in at those moments when you know, that you fucked up, but never once when you boast about it in front of your chaps, and you make a fool out of yourself. :daru:
CB350 and RS 350 both has the gearing ratio issues. None of the gear seems optimal for desired speed.
You always keep looking for which gear to slot it.

At the same time Meteor has hit it out of park with Engine and gear box. Very very smooth.

scatterStorm

Country flag
CB350 and RS 350 both has the gearing ratio issues. None of the gear seems optimal for desired speed.
You always keep looking for which gear to slot it.

At the same time Meteor has hit it out of park with Engine and gear box. Very very smooth.
Man I love how US bikers have so many options to find a cam that will provide that extra 6th gear. I agree, I mean Honda just fucked up here. I agree with the all counter balancer thing Meteor is good choice. But Honda's engine is on another level.

SKC

Country flag
Old marketing mantra - If you can't fix the beast, change its appearance. Some bakra or bakri will surely buy it.
The all new Classic based on new J platform is also coming which will have completely new engine similar to meteor and with Double cradle chassis.
Basically 90% of the existing RE issues will go away.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
I own an Interceptor 650 custom 2019 model. It's truly a do it all type of bike. Rode it in mountains, twisties, rains, mud and rocks. It induces confidence even while cornering. It feels nimble on the move. Gear box is smooth. I had to change the stock head light bulb for more illumination. Foot pegs are oddly positioned, yeah. But not a problem. It pulls amazingly and you can speed up quickly. Braking is excellent.

Only downside is the price of spare parts. The bike is priced economically but spares are a bit pricey.

Gessler

Country flag
Old marketing mantra - If you can't fix the beast, change its appearance. Some bakra or bakri will surely buy it.
The all new Classic based on new J platform is also coming which will have completely new engine similar to meteor and with Double cradle chassis.
Basically 90% of the existing RE issues will go away.
All these new colours & special editions of old 350 & 500 platforms that came out over the last year or so is just milking the last few drops from the old platforms before they're phased out.

New J-350 will replace the old one (and if Meteor is anything to go by it'll be one SMOOTH operator) and it seems the higher-displacement Bullets/Classics in future will be 650s in place of 500s:

^^ right is the 650 cruiser, left is most likely 650 Classic

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I wouldn't consider Royal Enfield as an Indian brand. Even its company website talks proudly of its British heritage (nothing wrong with that).

For comparison, it would be like MG motors owned by SAIC claiming that MG is a global Chinese brand.
Sorry to interrupt you here but don't you think that a company with whole manufacturing and management in india ,is a indian company now .

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I completely agree with your statement. But my reply was for the thread title stating that it is a true global Indian brand. I'd consider Tata, Mahindra, Bajaj, TVS etc true Indian brands.

Another example is Tetley Tea which was bought by TATA, headquartered in India and uses Indian tea leaves, yet it's still considered an English brand thanks to its heritage.
Where is teltley hq ? Where it is listed ? Who have hiw much shares ? Where does it recruit from??

Spindrift

Ya'll Nibbiars in India the Yezdi carries more Premiums and is more famous.
Yezdi has more of a cult status. One my of uncle had one, a Yezdi Classic I went with him from Korba to Amarkantak when I was little. Good memories.
In the late 90s of my friend had a Yezdi Classic, toured Uttrakhand quite a lot

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Yezdi has more of a cult status. One my of uncle had one, a Yezdi Classic I went with him from Korba to Amarkantak when I was little. Good memories.
In the late 90s of my friend had a Yezdi Classic, toured Uttrakhand quite a lot
Ya'll Nibbiars yeah need to bring the Yezdi back.

Haldilal

Country flag
Mahindra's spinoff company has bought all brands Jawa, BSA and Yezdi?
Ya'll Nibbiars no road map for the other brands now. If you have readed the post about the Anand mahindra then you will knew why.

Gessler

Country flag
Mahindra's spinoff company has bought all brands Jawa, BSA and Yezdi?
Ya'll Nibbiars no road map for the other brands now. If you have readed the post about the Anand mahindra then you will knew why.
Yes, but Jawa in Europe continues to sell under original Czech ownership. Mahindra only bought the rights to sell Jawas in India. The models we see in India though are fully developed under Classic Legends ownership (the Mahindra holding co. Under which all these brands are) and these models are also exported and sold in Europe by the Czech Jawa.

The rights to Yezdi & BSA however are complete.

As of roadmap, they have plans for both ICE and EV bikes under all these brands but ICEs will come first.

The new Roadking is already under testing AFAIK, and development of a new BSA bike is underway in UK with a new single cylinder 650cc motor.

Haldilal

Country flag
Yes, but Jawa in Europe continues to sell under original Czech ownership. Mahindra only bought the rights to sell Jawas in India. The models we see in India though are fully developed under Classic Legends ownership (the Mahindra holding co. Under which all these brands are) and these models are also exported and sold in Europe by the Czech Jawa.

As of roadmap, they have plans for both ICE and EV bikes under all these brands but ICEs will come first.

The new Roadking is already under testing AFAIK, and development of a new BSA bike is underway in UK with a new single cylinder 650cc motor.
Ya'll Nibbiars Any articles, photographs?.

SKC

Country flag

I have heard about the 650cc single cylinder motor for new BSA bike.

However wont it be too much for Single cylinder. How bib can a motor be with a single cylinder?

Global Defence

Articles