Q&A Israeli Society

StarShip Enterprise

Israeli should freeze all settlement activities in the occupied territories. All this silly claims about historic homeland should stop if it wants lasting peace and security. Things have changed in the 2,000 years + that they have been evicted from that piece of real estate. Actually, the new vocal and empowered Arab civilians will ensure that Israel is put in the defensive. Arab dictators may be easier and more predictable to handle but not ordinary Arabs from Arab streets. They're mostly governed by passion and when passion engulfed reason that region will go up in flames again, this time spectacularly.

If Israel can finally settle its boarders and seal a peace settlement with the Palestinians it will be in a better position security wise. Of course, this is not the thinking of the Israeli hawks in power. They may be right for all I know but I also know at present that I share my view on this matter with an overwhelming majority of more objective non-Arab observers of that region.

Israelis will settle for peace, but are the arabs willing to be at peace with israelis ?
their real intentions are contrary to what the whole world is thinking about them.
they are willing die if its death is what it takes to kill/exterminate israel.
its not israel but arab mindset and their hate to israel needs to change.
israel has given lot, what have arabs given.

ok israel gives : east jerusalem, gaza, west bank.
what are arabs going to give. whats their offer on table.

can they atleast give in return a decent diplomatic recognition of israel .
i dont hope so.

Nonynon

For defense means the 1967 boarders would not exactly be as good a move as people seem to think. Here's some reasons why it could be a bad defensive move:
It would make about 12km separating Israel's main populated area from Arab nations in the East and no distance at all to the capital. If Iran would decide to attack there would be nothing to stop them from reaching those areas. Today there's the Jordan vally in the east as a good defensive line and away from the main populated areas. The high mountains in the West bank can easily lunch Hamas style rockets into Israel but in the future Hamas will probably be armed with more advanced missiles and that would mean that it would be impossible not to invade those areas and take the high grounds away.
For religious reasons East Jerusalem has the most important religious sites in Judaism as well as some other areas in the West bank. The same way Iran threatens today to destroy Jewish sites in Iran Palestinians can threaten to destroy them in their territories.
For internal politics it would be extremely harmful to pull away hundreds of thousands of people from their homes in the West bank and East Jerusalem and harming Israels internal unity could be extremely harmful strategic speaking.
For other countries, most of Israel's enemies today would not stop their conflict just because of that. Syria would still want the Golan heights, Iran would want nothing less then all of Israel (so neither will Hamas or Hizbullah - Iran's long arm) then theirs always the Muslim brotherhood that can pop up from any Arab country.
Its important to remember Israel's geographic placement means everyone around has great interest in taking it, even countries as far as Turkey and Iraq. Without Israel, the eastern Mediterranean sea can never be fully secure, Africa can always be cut off and the suetz always in danger. Historically empires always tried to get hold of the place and that's why it's seen so many wars.

For defense I would say keeping the occupation for at least another 50 years would be the best way to go but its the humanitarian part that requires a Palestinian state's establishment as soon as possible.

StarShip Enterprise

Israel: The Elephant In The Room

The Elephant In The Room

May 23, 2011: Israel is trying to get the U.S. to recognize that the main Israeli-Palestinian problem is the corruption and radicalism among the Palestinians that makes them a divided and virtually ungovernable group. That sort of thing tends to get ignored, largely because it is politically explosive and very difficult to deal with. It's much easier to talk about a "peace deal" or a "two state solution" without confronting the fact that the Arabs in general, and the Palestinians in particular make no secret (at least in Arab language media) that their main objective is not peace with Israel, but the destruction of Israel. This is the elephant in the room that too many will not even recognize, much less discuss.

The latest Palestinian plan is to ask the UN to declare the Palestinian state this September, preferably with the 1967 borders (meaning no Jewish control of all of Jerusalem). That would set the stage for a Palestinian call for sanctions on Israel for not complying with the UN resolution and, eventually, that the UN use military force to make Israel comply. To help the world decide, the Palestinians have begun using unarmed mobs, which try to enter Israeli territory. This gets members of the mobs, preferably women and children, killed and turned into martyrs. This is used to further demonize the Israelis and encourage Western military intervention. The Palestinians accept the fact that no Arab state is going to try and take on the Israelis militarily. But some European states might be goaded into at least making threatening gestures. What the Palestinians really want here are economic sanctions. While the Palestinian terrorism campaign, begun in 2000, wrecked the Palestinian economy, the Israelis continued to thrive. Thus any damage to the Israeli economy might gain more concessions, and would be a big boost for Arab morale.

The Palestinians are particularly encouraged by the success of their efforts to make it acceptable for Palestinian women and children to die for the cause. Palestinian governments have been running media campaigns encouraging this for over a decade. The message has become more and more blunt in the last few years. None of this stuff appears in English, but there's plenty of it in Arabic. While the "hooray for death" propaganda was largely about being a suicide bomber, those who die, unarmed, while trying to occupy Israeli territory are also declared martyrs and praised copiously in the Palestinian media (along with cash payments to the families, making the deaths an economic, as well as political, transaction.)

Israelis recognize all this, and are appalled at how so many in the West are either ignorant of these realities, or simply refuse to believe it. There's a comprehension gap here that the Israelis fear will lead to serious attempts to destroy Israel and kill lots of Jews. After World War II, most Jews said "never again" (to mass murder like the Nazis engaged in against the Jews.) But here it is, all over again, except this time the Nazis are speaking Arabic, and aren't nearly as well organized.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Israelis will settle for peace, but are the arabs willing to be at peace with israelis ?
their real intentions are contrary to what the whole world is thinking about them.
they are willing die if its death is what it takes to kill/exterminate israel.
its not israel but arab mindset and their hate to israel needs to change.
israel has given lot, what have arabs given.

ok israel gives : east jerusalem, gaza, west bank.
what are arabs going to give. whats their offer on table.

can they atleast give in return a decent diplomatic recognition of israel .
i dont hope so.

Israel can at least freeze the contentious settlements in the occupied territories. No moderate Palestinian leader can talk peace with the Israelis when all the time the Israelis are building settlements in what could be territories of the future Palestinian state, without losing credibility to his constituency. Any Palestinian leader who continue to talk peace under this shameful situation will definitely look like a wimp, a pushover, which the Israeli hawks actually want to happen. That Palestinian leader will not last long as a Palestinian leader (or leader of any other country for that matter).

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Israel can at least freeze the contentious settlements in the occupied territories. No moderate Palestinian leader can talk peace with the Israelis when all the time the Israelis are building settlements in what could be territories of the future Palestinian state, without losing credibility to his constituency. Any Palestinian leader who continue to talk peace under this shameful situation will definitely look like a wimp, a pushover, which the Israeli hawks actually want to happen. That Palestinian leader will not last long as a Palestinian leader (or leader of any other country for that matter).
Although i agree with what you said about the settlements creating a backlash on internal politics, there are also hostile agendas against complete destruction of Israel, for example Hamas has put up its agenda openly calling for complete destruction of Israel, which again does not allow any room for negotiations.

Its funny these 3 religions claim ownership of all the goodness in the world and claim they are the truth and the way but left to their ways they cant even settle an land dispute thats the size of Ted Turners Ranch in Texas! Their hearts are not even big enough to give up a mound of land to let their people live in peace, this is what they follow to death! LMAO.

ahmedfire

Ahmed if all that is true and all Hamas wants is peace then could you explain why the Hamas charter includes the destruction of the state of Israel and massacring its Jews
when israel kill those and ,expand Settlement ,, remove buildings of palestinians and contiue on separation wall building......what do u expect from the other side ?!!
do u expect somthing good ?!!
any action has areaction ,,that reaction depend on that action

israel actions are not good,so it's simple..u can't expect agood behavior .from the other side.....

Or for more recent events, why did they keep firing at Israel when a ceasefire was agreed on (the time Iron dome was installed).
Also, check the timing of the air raids on Gaza, its always right after an attack made by Gaza, usually rockets.
as i told u above...
it's not only about ceasefire !! what is next ?!!!
is ceasing fire will solve the problem ?!!
how can u ceasefire and in the same time,raping lands day after another and expanding settlement and building separation wall??!
it's afake ceasefire
what can u expect from the other side ?!!
watching u doing that and keep silent !!!

do u know the meaning of settlement
imagine youself set in your bedroom after launch to get some rest and suddenly you find soldiers taking u and your family out of house coz this land will be included in that colony....,,oh that's aceasefire!!!!!

also hamas not always breaking ceasefire...israel also did

Hamas threatens to break ceasefire after Israeli air strikes - Telegraph

hamas also accept the 2 state solution..

Haniyeh: Hamas willing to accept Palestinian state with 1967 borders - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

Also I love how you use the word holocaust, do you know what it even means? Did 6million Palestinians get rounded up to gas chambers?
wow,,nice reason !!
do u need a 6 million dead palestinian to called it aholocaust ?!!!
no dear,,holocaust could sign to any massacres against humanity,,it's not about numbers 100 ,200,1000 or millions,,no it's aconcept
killing childrens ,womens and olders is amassacres and aholocaust...
oh i forgot: it's not 6 million:namaste:

you need to see finkelstein...his father and mother died in the holcaust but he refuse the massacres of israel coz he know it well,he feels it coz he faced things like it by germans..

Last edited by a moderator:

ahmedfire

seems administrators remove pictures i posted here yesterday !! wow nice freedom of speech,
look i know that indians want anice relatins with israel,ok u are free and i don't care, but when u establish aforum with indian name,,u should be resposible of that name....more freedom here guys.......

pack leader

Professional
can some one please ban this troll
this is my thread its no place for Arab propaganda
stupid spoiled Egyptian idiot who has never been here .

pack leader

Professional
yes we have freedom of speech
even for a commie like finkelstien
that called democracy open a book you might learn something

pack leader

Professional
for the non brain dead members of this board
Genocide is defined as "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group"

Genocide happened two times in modern history
1) the holocaust of the Jews (by the Nazis)
2) the Armenian genocide ( by Turks and Arabs in the name of Islam )

Last edited:

Oracle

Ahmedfire,

You talk about innocents and children being killed in Gaza etc. I can, but sympathize with you.

However, do take a look at Islamic terrorism which have killed lakhs worldwide. Terrorism is the spark to which Israel responds, to which India, US and every god-damned sovereign country in the world responds, and should.

P.S.: Islamic terrorism is something I have not coined. I have far greater number of Muslim friends, who if given a chance would love to tear apart the likes of Hamas, Hebollah and our western neighbour.

Reactions: AOE

ahmedfire

can some one please ban this troll
this is my thread its no place for Arab propaganda
stupid spoiled Egyptian idiot who has never been here .
oh i feel u bro,,facts always painful,,you don't want facts to be posted here coz everyone will know what already happen in palestine,
accept it or not,,facts will never be cancelled,it's like air spreads anywhere anytime...

pack leader

Professional
yes Arab children die and will continue to die as long as you us them as human shield
as long as you kill Jewish children
as long as you support terror
you are not men hiding among civilians no honor no dignity no respect for the dead (even your own dead) typical Arab

Last edited:

ahmedfire

Ahmedfire,

You talk about innocents and children being killed in Gaza etc. I can, but sympathize with you.

However, do take a look at Islamic terrorism which have killed lakhs worldwide. Terrorism is the spark to which Israel responds, to which India, US and every god-damned sovereign country in the world responds, and should.

P.S.: Islamic terrorism is something I have not coined. I have far greater number of Muslim friends, who if given a chance would love to tear apart the likes of Hamas, Hebollah and our western neighbour.

joining islam with terrorism is asilly thinking
even muslim countries from time to another are bombed by terrorists
wow,how could u be an islamic terrorist and bomb islamic countries,,

our relegion doesn't teached us killing people,this is damn wrong ideas in the head of some people ,islam teaching us tolerance ,mercy and love the others with any religion they belong to ,damn .how many times should we say that words !!!

prophet mohamed said:Even a Smile is Charity .. asmile in others face is acharity,,can u imagine that tolerance ?!!

we aren't resposible for those who take islam as aflag to make bombing here and there ,,they bombing egypt many times,saudi arabia,algeria ,morroco,tunisia ,pakistan,india ,america ...etc...terrorism has no religion,,try to understand that...

Oracle

joining islam with terrorism is asilly thinking
even muslim countries from time to another are bombed by terrorists
wow,how could u be an islamic terrorist and bomb islamic countries,,

our relegion doesn't teached us killing people,this is damn wrong ideas in the head of some people ,islam teaching us tolerance ,mercy and love the others with any religion they belong to ,damn .how many times should we say that words !!!

prophet mohamed said:Even a Smile is Charity .. asmile in others face is acharity,,can u imagine that tolerance ?!!

we aren't resposible for those who take islam as aflag to make bombing here and there ,,they bombing egypt many times,saudi arabia,algeria ,morroco,tunisia ,pakistan,india ,america ...etc...terrorism has no religion,,try to understand that...
This is what I have exactly meant in my post before. :)

ahmedfire

yes Arab children die and will continue to die as long as you us them as human shield
as long as you kill Jewish children
as long as you support terror
you are not men hiding among civilians no honor no dignity no respect for the dead (even your own dead) typical Arab
hahaha, i always see adied palestinian children killed but didn't see israelian ones !!!

shields ?!!
wowww really
how could some thousands use 1.2 million citizen in gaza as shields ?!!

wow ,striking schools ,it is also contains terrorists

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I have given enough leeway since yesterday.

The title of the thread says QnA on Israeli society. Now any thing else here on in this thread will lead to the thread getting trashed.

Oracle

Ahmedfire,

Let's discuss Israel in here, please.

Many innocents are killed and no one gives a sh!t. The way the ethnic cleansing of Tamils was done in Sri Lanka. It's sad, but if you have US and the West by your side, you are never wrong.

Global Defence

Articles