Pulwama Terror Attack On CRPF Convoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy_9UY

Country flag
The adhesive that bonds them together is the PA. Remove the army and Pakistan will fall. To remain in power, PA needs a purpose or an enemy. That's where Kashmir and India comes in.
We need to hit them in their own homes and in their own town. It'll break their morale.
I beg to differ on this. As you said PA is the bond then any attack on PA will also unite them against us. Also do not forget that for any long term war we have to be ready for a possible "N" attack. This is where we are likely to suffer more than them, since any nuclear fallout would be catastrophic socially, environmentally and economically. We would loose investments and jobs + food shortages.
The only viable solution is to bleed them through thousand cuts, but through carrot and stick method..

pankaj nema

Country flag
I never understand why we always talk of war or invasion or surgical strikes? It is well known land based strikes are very risky due to MAD. Why don't ever think of punitive measures in air or water such as a naval blockade of Karachi or full mobilisation by IAF to obtain air superiority over PAF defences? The Atlantique episode is a case in point. PAF and PN have no offensive capabilities. This would result in much more destruction and deaths of Pakistanis than 44 soldiers of ours that they killed yesterday. Also, air strikes from the way of Afghanistan/Tajikistan should be considered.
What ever it is All Three Services will put their heads together and be prepared for
All possible contingencies

Most likely IAF And Army will be tasked with joint attack

Navy will be ready for 26 / 11 type attacks

Defcon 1

Country flag
What ever it is All Three Services will put their heads together and be prepared for
I understand. I am just referring to the majority of discussion here that is focussing on army crossing LOC and IB. We simply don't to send the army, a full mobilization like Operation Parakram will do a great job of tying down PA and hurting their economy. Also, I feel we haven't used our navy and IAF in past. Kargil war is a good example, involving navy would have ended the war so much quicker.

Spindrift

Ideally, what we need to do is move the LOC further west, perhaps by 50 to 100 KM and avoid anything on the international border.

WARREN SS

Country flag

Most likely IAF And Army will be tasked with joint attack

Navy will be ready for 26 / 11 type attacks
But as per my estimation

Navy is most powerful of them all
A naval blockage will the most effective tool in this time deploy both arhihant and Chakra and hit every possible Pakistani sea fleet in range from Gujrat coast to Karachi harbor
Best possible revenge and less collateral damage

2-3 ships will be almost 300-400 casualties for pakistan Navy

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
If only for consultation than this is nothing but if it is more than that then significant.
Least we can do is cut diplomatic relations.

Indrajit

Country flag
Porkis had nuke in 1999 at the time of kargil war. Whey did they not use it?
No real proven delivery system then, what they had was so unpredictable that they didn’t know where it would go if fired. Also they probably had a dozen nukes at best in 1999, numbers are much more now.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Ideally, what we need to do is move the LOC further west, perhaps by 50 to 100 KM and avoid anything on the international border.
These things not happen in now a days....
International preddure will force u leave the land .....

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
this is great. Hit them on Afghanistan side by moving our inventory there via Iran. 6 MKIs, 6 Mig 29 and 6 Mirage 2000 should be more than sufficient.
You must not forget pakis have f16....
And 100s of jf17....
We will be able to use our half strength bcoz of china(eastern front)...but they are free to use their full strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles