P-18/Next Generation Destroyer class (NGD)

jai jaganath

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2022
Messages
2,552
Likes
4,563
Country flag
A well known navy vet in twitter told me that p17 repeat order may happen sooner than ngd but no sooner than 2-3 years.
But forgetting all thatvwhat happened to ngmv and fss
Aren't we gonna order ngmv
Is it same with ngc too
I guess both were cleared
 

Fatalis

Regular Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2022
Messages
696
Likes
5,061
Country flag
A well known navy vet in twitter told me that p17 repeat order may happen sooner than ngd but no sooner than 2-3 years.
It has been in news since the last 6 months. NGD is post 2027 project that is why you are hearing about additional P-17A units so that IN can reach ~40 PSC.

But forgetting all thatvwhat happened to ngmv and fss
The elections are next year so chances are slim for the deal signing this year but I hope it happens this year only otherwise next year for sure.
I think both the designs were also relieved right?
No design has been revealed as of now.
 

Gyyan

Regular Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2022
Messages
957
Likes
5,476
Country flag
Brahmos NG will be more lethal and Hypersonic Brahmos shall be Baap of everything. i think they will make big destroyers irrilevent.
I have seen video of alpha defense in which he says that brahmos 2 will be put on hold for some time as we are going for our own hypersonic platform named project vishnu.
 

no smoking

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
4,866
Likes
2,101
Country flag
Brahmos NG will be more lethal and Hypersonic Brahmos shall be Baap of everything. i think they will make big destroyers irrilevent.
It is just a pipe dream.
New attack weapons always inspire the development of new defense weapons.
The hypersonic missiles are harder to be detected and defended by existing defense system, but people will invest and upgrade their radors, air-defense missiles and even energy weapons.
And don't forget big destroyers are weapon platform not a weapon, they will continue to have their role in the future maritime war with new weapons and detection system on board.
 

Javelin_Sam

Regular Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Messages
326
Likes
1,925
Country flag
Brahmos NG will be more lethal and Hypersonic Brahmos shall be Baap of everything. i think they will make big destroyers irrilevent.
It's not like people will fire hypersonic missiles everyday. A Navy spends 98% of the time in peacetime sea denial, sea control, power projection and the remaining 2% doing combat patrols or holding the sea line during a standoff b/w both nations. Even the recent sinking of moskova was once in a decade event. For peacetime power projection and sea control, you need surface combatants. For the IOR and surrounding seas, India needs vessels with good range and considerable loadout to control vast stretches of IOR. Thats why Aircraft Carriers are relevant. One can have a fleet of nuclear submarines stuffed with missiles waiting for eternity for that order to shoot from HQ which that submarine might never encounter in it's lifetime. While the AC and its escort fleet with Aircrafts to scramble can control and project power around it during peacetime. They can move from place to place giving lot of options to planners.
 

HariPrasad-1

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2016
Messages
9,050
Likes
19,803
Country flag
It's not like people will fire hypersonic missiles everyday. A Navy spends 98% of the time in peacetime sea denial, sea control, power projection and the remaining 2% doing combat patrols or holding the sea line during a standoff b/w both nations. Even the recent sinking of moskova was once in a decade event. For peacetime power projection and sea control, you need surface combatants. For the IOR and surrounding seas, India needs vessels with good range and considerable loadout to control vast stretches of IOR. Thats why Aircraft Carriers are relevant. One can have a fleet of nuclear submarines stuffed with missiles waiting for eternity for that order to shoot from HQ which that submarine might never encounter in it's lifetime. While the AC and its escort fleet with Aircrafts to scramble can control and project power around it during peacetime. They can move from place to place giving lot of options to planners.

Hi,

I am talking about Big Destroyers of enemy not our own destroyers. How can our own missile may make out own detroyers irrelevant?
 

Latest Replies

Articles

Top