North East Security Watch

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
China Helping North East Rebel Outfits Unite?

China Helping N-E Rebel Outfits Unite?

The level of violence in trouble-torn north-eastern states may have come down but security agencies are seriously worried about the growing harmony among the separatist outfits of the region operating from Burma and Bangladesh.

Disclosing that the home ministry is aware about these developments, authoritative security sources told this newspaper that the coordination committee of seven major rebel outfits of Manipur was exploring the possibility of investment in Burma to strengthen their presence in Burma.

Pointing out that pressure of security forces was not allowing them to carry out offensives, security sources, however, claimed that the way China was backing them by supplying weapons and facilitating shelter to their leaders, possibility of their revival cannot be ruled out. Security sources asserted that China was also acting as a catalyst in uniting the separatist outfits of the Northeast.

Regretting that China was following the policy of Pakistan to engage India on its north-eastern frontier, security sources said that the two major rebel groups of the region, the NSCN (IM) and the NSCN (K), though in peace mode, are still procuring and supplying arms to rebel groups of the region.

Referring to intelligence reports emanating from the ground, security sources said that growing harmony between the outlawed Ulfa, led by elusive commander-in-chief Paresh Baruah, and the People's Liberation Army of Manipur is another area of concern.

Sources informed that the idea behind accepting the surrender of about 1,600 cadres of nine fledgling militant outfits in Assam was also aimed at stopping the trade of illegal arms in the region.

Stating that Dimapur in Nagaland has become the hub of arms dealings for the rebel groups of the Northeast, security sources said that offensives of NLFT and ATTF in Tripura have also come down but intelligence reports suggest that they are shifting their bases in Bangladesh closer to the Burma border. Similarly, rebel groups of Meghalaya, the HNLC and the GNLA, are shifting their bases in Bangladesh towards the Tripura border, security sources said.

However, they also said the home ministry was in touch with DGPs in trouble-torn states and keeping them updated about these developments so that necessary steps are taken to foil their attempt to create unrest in the region.

China helping N-E rebel outfits unite? | The Asian Age

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The tribal rivalry in the NE is ancient and historical.

Those who have visited the NE would realise that below the surface calm, the tribal rivalries are there.

Therefore, uniting the factions of the insurgents would be a real problem.

amoy

The so-called NE has nothing in common with India proper, from culture to race. Their aspiration for self determination and human rights shall be respected. Myanmar shall play a big role amid their natural affinity

NE India: Intervention on Agenda Item 4 to the Human Right Council | Human Rights
Indigenous youth of the region who stand up for their fundamental rights, for defense of their land and resources and protection of their economic social, cultural and educational rights are subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention, torture and other pattern of human rights abuses. India has explicit restrictions on the use of physical force in the arrest of youth and children and the provisions of UN Convention on the Rights of the Child to ensure arrest of children and youths as a measure of last resort are most often ignored in the region.

Many a time's indigenous children and youth are subjected to violation of right to life, degrading treatments and infringement on their rights in the name of national security. Youths are often held in police custody arbitrarily for long periods. Law enforcing officials often don't follow proper procedures, either due to a lack of familiarity with the law or a deliberate abuse of their power.

With enactment of Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 (AFSPA), National Security Act, 1980, Unlawful Activities and Prevention Act, 1967 besides other security legislation which derogates non derogable fundamental rights, indigenous children and youth are subjected to adult terms of detention. Options in sentencing like community service, counseling are under utilized due to insistence on institutional rehabilitation and a limited commitment to set up necessary infrastructure. Lack of protection during detention puts them at serious risk of torture and ill-treatment from authorities and adult inmates.

niharjhatn

The so-called NE has nothing in common with India proper, from culture to race. Their aspiration for self determination and human rights shall be respected. Myanmar shall play a big role amid their natural affinity
HAHA what an effin joke... and Tibet, they have a lot in common with "China proper"?

Millenia of Buddhism, a language evolved from Sanskrit, and have nothing in common.... right... you have no idea of the diversity within the rest of India.

You do realise that these human rights violations are done by OTHER MEMBERS OF THE NE, abusing their power which was given to curb the terrorism in the region?

edit The worst thing is that you speak of the NE as if it is a single homogeneous region. It is not. Ideas propogated of those dominantly Christian states are not essentially reproduced in other states.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
No single ethnic group defines India like the Hans do the Chinese, by your argument, Tibet should be emancipated from PRC rule.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Five races under one union was one of the major principles upon which the Republic of China was originally founded in 1911 at the time of the Xinhai Revolution

This principle emphasized the harmony of the five major ethnic groups in China as represented by the colored stripes of the Five-Colored Flag of the Republic: the Han (red); the Manchus (yellow); the Mongols (blue); the "Hui" (the name given to the Muslims at that time) (white); and the Tibetans (black)

Even that is half baked.

Could you explain as to what Zhuang, Manchu, Hui, Miao, Uyghur, Tujia, Yi, Mongol, Tibetan , Buyei, Dong, Yao, Korean, Bai, Hani, Kazakh, Li, Shi, Lisu, Gelao, Dongxiang, Gaoshan, Lahu, Sui, Va, Nakhi, Qiang, Tu, Mulao, Xibe, Kyrgyz, Daur, Jingpo, Maonan, Salar, Blang, Tajik, Achang, Pumi, Ewenki, Nu, Gin, Jino, De'ang, Bonan, Russian, Yugur, Uzbek, Monba, Oroqen, Derung, Tartar, Hezhen, Lohba, Amdoa, Khampa and Dai have common with the Hans and so be a part of China?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This is a list of ethnic groups in China that are not officially recognized by the government of the People's Republic of China.

Ayi people
Äynu people
Gejia (亻革家人, Gèjiā Rén)
Bajia (八甲人, Bājiǎ Rén)
Deng (僜人, Dèng Rén)
Khmu (克木人, Kèmù Rén)
Kucong (Yellow Lahu/Lahu Shi (苦聪人; Traditional: 苦聰人; Kǔcōng Rén)
Mang (芒人, Máng Rén)
Sherpas (夏尔巴人; Traditional: 夏爾巴人; Xiàěrbā Rén)
Tuvans (图瓦人, Túwǎ Rén)
Yi (羿人, Yìrén)
Youtai (犹太; Traditional: 猶太; Yóutài) (Jewish people of China and Jewish people in general)
Yamato Japanese (大和民族) and Ryukyuans (琉球民族) living as permanent residents in Taiwan and North East China[citation needed]
Macanese (土生葡人, Descendant of Portuguese in Macau since 16th century)

So, how are they common to China?

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS

NE India: Intervention on Agenda Item 4 to the Human Right Council | Human Rights
amoy, we dont have any knowledge how PLA is maintaining 'their' human rights in mainland & tibet..!! :rolleyes:

i am bored of laughing at this 'human rights' word hearing since decades.. please give us some variety..

Iamanidiot

The Nagas have nearly two division of men there a fully discipline conventional army I don't how we are going to deal with these guys

trackwhack

The only way to repay China is to arm Tibetans and Uighurs.

I think once the Dalai Lama passes, the Tibetan struggle will become an armed conflict. We might even see reverse migration, Tibetans crossing over to fight the PLA

vietnam&india

amoy, we dont have any knowledge how PLA is maintaining 'their' human rights in mainland & tibet..!! :rolleyes:

i am bored of laughing at this 'human rights' word hearing since decades.. please give us some variety..
Yeah, this is idea we share in common ! "Human rights" in Tibet ? Such a big joke .

Param

The Nagas have nearly two division of men there a fully discipline conventional army I don't how we are going to deal with these guys
The oldest insurgency in the country.

Heck, they are still round after 60 years.

If not for IG decision in 71, NE would have been lost forever.

I think when Khaleda Zia returns in Bagladesh problem can further increase.

Iamanidiot

The oldest insurgency in the country.

Heck, they are still round after 60 years.

If not for IG decision in 71, NE would have been lost forever.

I think when Khaleda Zia returns in Bagladesh problem can further increase.
While we are be negotiating the Naga rebels they are quite collecting haft and strengthening themselves utilising the ceasefire

Country flag
I am always amazed how Indian govt lets many different ethnic group become enemies,
separatists, terrorists against the nation. Each group is allowed to thrive and grow for decades
to reach their full potential and become a viable threat. This on top of the external threats.
Just amazing so many enemies and it never bothers the government.

Last edited:

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
I am always amazed how Indian govt lets many different ethnic group become enemies,
separatists, terrorists against the nation. Each group is allowed to thrive and grow for decades
to reach their full potential and become a viable threat. This on top of the external threats.
Just amazing so many enemies and it never bothers the government.
what r u sayin..?..!!. Govt has a problem?... How ...?. They even may not know how many of our BSF & jawans are alive..

Daily atleast 5 - 15 of Jawans, BSF, CRPF are being slaughtered by NE rebels, Maoists/Naxals & rebels. There are also soldier deaths not reported publicly due to brutal way they are ambushed by terrorists with body parts chopped into many pieces.

The only response from govt may be a word called 'condolonce/sympathy' for martyr n his family. Some rare cases may end up in Asokachakra or Kirthichakra. Next day everything is forgotten n slaughter of soldiers begins again..:tsk:

Last edited:

pmaitra

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag

Wow! In one shot you alienated us from rest of the country just because of the way we look externally. I am impressed as to how much your Han Communist government has brainwashed you. :lol:

Pray tell me how are we "different"? :D

We were always Indian even before the english demonym actually came into being. Our language comes from Sanskrit, our scripts are different but alphabets are largely the same. Our faith is the same, our emotional understanding, family values etc are all the same. We are not like you Chinese in any manner. True that there are similarities between us, Burmese and Thais but that is because Burmese and Thai are also largely culturally Indians through Buddhism and mainstream Hinduism that are the virtual state faith there. There was no "countries" there during the time of kings like Jayavarman, Suryavarman II etc who were all mainstream Hindus.

In fact, we have NOTHING common with you guys at all. Self determination my foot. I will give you an example; my state Sikkim joined with 99% voting turn-out to join modern India. The 1% didn't want to be separate either but remain a protectorate. There were only 75-100 Army soldiers that disarmed the palace guards.

This.. is unlike you where hoards of brainwashed Communists swept through Tibet, massacring monks, nuns and innocent farmers, destroying and pillaging houses, burning Buddhist scriptures and holy symbols, destroying ancient knowledge with your nonsensical slogan "DESTROY OLD, BUILD NEW". And when generations of Chinese were forced, beaten, threatened etc to follow the zombie message that your government has given in terms of your "history", you today are seeing their softer side after they zombified your entire nation.

So much for all the infrastructural development you claim to be wonders of this government; but at what price? You cannot think about going against the government officials, you cannot talk against any senior official, you cannot even criticize somebody that holds political power in your country! Taiwan was a democracy and it developed faster than you did. How do you think they did it without the oh-so-great-CCP?

For all the development you have had with glossy buildings and shining roads, I still pity you my friend. For you... are a person that has no past, built into present and being moulded into a future.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Wow! In one shot you alienated us from rest of the country just because of the way we look externally. I am impressed as to how much your Han Communist government has brainwashed you. :lol:

Pray tell me how are we "different"? :D

We were always Indian even before the english demonym actually came into being. Our language comes from Sanskrit, our scripts are different but alphabets are largely the same. Our faith is the same, our emotional understanding, family values etc are all the same. We are not like you Chinese in any manner. True that there are similarities between us, Burmese and Thais but that is because Burmese and Thai are also largely culturally Indians through Buddhism and mainstream Hinduism that are the virtual state faith there. There was no "countries" there during the time of kings like Jayavarman, Suryavarman II etc who were all mainstream Hindus.

In fact, we have NOTHING common with you guys at all. Self determination my foot. I will give you an example; my state Sikkim joined with 99% voting turn-out to join modern India. The 1% didn't want to be separate either but remain a protectorate. There were only 75-100 Army soldiers that disarmed the palace guards.

This.. is unlike you where hoards of brainwashed Communists swept through Tibet, massacring monks, nuns and innocent farmers, destroying and pillaging houses, burning Buddhist scriptures and holy symbols, destroying ancient knowledge with your nonsensical slogan "DESTROY OLD, BUILD NEW". And when generations of Chinese were forced, beaten, threatened etc to follow the zombie message that your government has given in terms of your "history", you today are seeing their softer side after they zombified your entire nation.

So much for all the infrastructural development you claim to be wonders of this government; but at what price? You cannot think about going against the government officials, you cannot talk against any senior official, you cannot even criticize somebody that holds political power in your country! Taiwan was a democracy and it developed faster than you did. How do you think they did it without the oh-so-great-CCP?

For all the development you have had with glossy buildings and shining roads, I still pity you my friend. For you... are a person that has no past, built into present and being moulded into a future.
well said brother. No one can divide our nation, either the politicians or the outside forces. Though we are differant in colour, creed , race, language or whatever man made non sense, we are one as Indians. Jai Hind :namaste:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles