North East Security Watch

shade

Country flag
This is why I have been advocating belt treatment to both the sides. Nobody is sane here...

Even after all this they continue appeasing one grp just to gain some votes.
They tried both sides in shit Lanka many eons back, it started with "Pisskeeping"
Eventually both the Sinhalas and Madrasis wanted #IndiaOut.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
The way Manipur got handeled by this gov is embarrassing tbh the situation is shitty @tomthounaojam any insights?
from what I heard, Some armed miscreants belonging to the Meitei village defense force were apprehended by the army with local police, however, the local women folks objected to their arrest as they are the one who is guarding the village from the Kuki attacks. Women are asking why the law is only against the meitei not the Kukis. The locals barricaded the road and the army used blank fire to diverse the crowd. IMHO the army acted in a very mature way and no lethal force was used but the optic of the car being run over has played very negatively here
if you see this video link Kuki here aimed a gun and jumped over the MPV but no action was taken
They even aimed a primitive mortar called pippe toward the troop.

tomthounaojam

Country flag

Sig 716 is not very common sight here, mostly AKs. But, Army has started mounting Negev machine guns here, so it is either INSAS lmg or Negev, hardly Bren L4

Jimih

Country flag
Sadly when Kuki aimed their weapon at the MPV nothing was done but here the car which was blocked due to Kuki's attack the approach was different. I don't know why central gov react in certain way sometime
from what I heard, Some armed miscreants belonging to the Meitei village defense force were apprehended by the army with local police, however, the local women folks objected to their arrest as they are the one who is guarding the village from the Kuki attacks. Women are asking why the law is only against the meitei not the Kukis.
This is why I have been advocating belt treatment to both the sides. Nobody is sane here...
My earlier estimations and still holds true

IMG_20240502_112721.png

IMG_20240502_113043.png

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
from what I heard, Some armed miscreants belonging to the Meitei village defense force were apprehended by the army with local police, however, the local women folks objected to their arrest as they are the one who is guarding the village from the Kuki attacks. Women are asking why the law is only against the meitei not the Kukis. The locals barricaded the road and the army used blank fire to diverse the crowd. IMHO the army acted in a very mature way and no lethal force was used but the optic of the car being run over has played very negatively here
if you see this video link Kuki here aimed a gun and jumped over the MPV but no action was taken
They even aimed a primitive mortar called pippe toward the troop.
News sources are saying these militants are responsible for attack on the CRPF, hence they got arrested.

To your point on discriminatory behaviour vs. Meiteis and Kukis, previously Army seemed to give up and submit to the mob, either Meitei or Kuki (lot of videos on the internet).

This time, and I will say the first time, it seems ground-rules changed, and Army looks desperate (getting into the harm's way, removing barricades, quarelling with civilians, firing blanks).

But still, I will say nothing is harmed for lost. If anyone arrested, will likely get released easily if not found guilty of murder of our soldiers. It is very difficult to control tempers when such mob rule occurs, and I find relief both sides excercised utmost restraint.

Crazywithmath

Country flag
They tried both sides in shit Lanka many eons back, it started with "Pisskeeping"
Eventually both the Sinhalas and Madrasis wanted #IndiaOut.

The ruling party already surrendered to a ragtag militia and the GoI was busy playing neutral-neutral!

This time, and I will say the first time, it seems ground-rules changed, and Army looks desperate (getting into the harm's way, removing barricades, quarelling with civilians, firing blanks).
Good. Hopefully this treatment will continue.

IMG_20240502_112721.png

IMG_20240502_113043.png
Do you mean to say that those Kukis have been (mostly) dealt with? And hence they are going after these Meitei grps?

Anyway, props to the Manipur govt for taking on those Drug Lords and infiltrators. It is just that all these disturbances have been going on for far too long and the GoI keeps treating them with kid gloves (repeal of AFSPA etc) because they vote for them.

Last edited:

Cheran

Country flag
I believe below still hold -

1. Kuki-Zo militants still carry weapons in hills.

2. Whatever weapons that Meitei groups have stolen are being taken back.

3. Manipur police cannot enter the hills that are under control by KuKi-Zo groups

On April 27th Kuki terrorists shot dead 2 CRPF men dead, they were shooting from hill tops. Does anyone have any information on retaliation operations done by security forces in the hills? How many kuki terrorists were killed?

Meitei's have been calling for abolishing SoO with Kuki militant groups. But this has not been done, reasons posted in this thread before.

shade

Country flag
No, Kuki-Zo are still being treated with Kids gloves by the MHA.

Elections in Kerala just got over.
Chrischun vote in Geralam is still in sapling stage and not in fruit-bearing-tree stage.
So it's not because of that.

You would be correct if they are stopping because elections in their entirety.

It is because Uncle Sam is waiting with sanctions or obstructions if we clap the cookies.
So GoI will keep putting it under the rug, till the cookie masti -e- gand is far too much to bear for them.

There is a reason global media and chorgressi ecosystem was together in focusing on their slit-eyed jungli chimpout as some "Hindooz oppressing chrischunz".

tomthounaojam

Country flag
News sources are saying these militants are responsible for attack on the CRPF, hence they got arrested.
Nope, NO valley-based insurgent will attack the central or state force at this time of juncture. These are two different places from the attack on CRPF, As I said CRPF was attacked thinking it was an IRB post, the intend was to kill Meitei police and they ended up killing CRPF hence the blame is on Valley-based insurgents.

tomthounaojam

Country flag

View attachment 251127

View attachment 251128
Kuki is fighting wars in Myanmar and Bangladesh where they are known as troublemakers. Kuki propagates village in the name of only the eldest son getting the father's land Others moving to different parts and starting their own village has created lots of land and demographic problems, problem lies with previous people who were in power as Any Kuki are declared scheduled tribe hence Kuki coming from Bangladesh and Myanmar can become ST AND INDIAN citizen Now, what the central government needs to do is that Kuki need to control firstly through dialog otherwise through might of the India armed forces. Trust me, Indian Army must be having hard time as they design to fight war not control civilian duty, besides the population has a mistrust of the Central military as kuki are still attacking villages, unless that is stopped there will be mistrut.

shade

Country flag
Kuki is fighting wars in Myanmar and Bangladesh where they are known as troublemakers. Kuki propagates village in the name of only the eldest son getting the father's land Others moving to different parts and starting their own village has created lots of land and demographic problems, problem lies with previous people who were in power as Any Kuki are declared scheduled tribe hence Kuki coming from Bangladesh and Myanmar can become ST AND INDIAN citizen Now, what the central government needs to do is that Kuki need to control firstly through dialog otherwise through might of the India armed forces. Trust me, Indian Army must be having hard time as they design to fight war not control civilian duty, besides the population has a mistrust of the Central military as kuki are still attacking villages, unless that is stopped there will be mistrut.
Sarkar will sit on this and they will end up facing both Mithai and US manufactured Cookie insurgency.
The Mithais will surely find a sponsor in our Eastern Neighbor.

When this started they could have taken quick and decisive action, tanked the consequences and settled the matter.

Cheran

Country flag

India Completes First Phase Of Deportation Of Illegal Immigrants From Myanmar Amid Military Junta Losing Strength

Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh said that the first phase of deportation of illegal immigrants from Myanmar was completed today (2 May) through the border town of Moreh.

"A total of 77 illegal immigrants have been deported in the first phase. One Indian national was also brought back from Myanmar during the handover ceremony," the Manipur CM added.

1714658844060.png

Guess 77 is better than 0.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Today marks the one year since the violence erupted in Manipur, May peace prevail.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Kukis robbed a bank

This is not a "Kuki" problem, but more of a "easy availability of firearms to local population" problem.

Sooner or later the "village defenders" bearing arms will turn into dacoits and naxals looting their own people and govt., because having so much power at hand, nobody would want to work on a stable, honest job.

Happened everywhere there is a easy availability of arms, be it USA or Jharkhand.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles