North East Security Watch

shade

Country flag
Manipur will not be the same from now on, and the fault clearly lies with the organizer who cannot organize a peaceful rally which turned into riots and communal violence.
These riots were pre-planned, it's not that the (((organizer))) cannot do a peaceful rally, this was the plan all along.
This is basically the MO for the Shaheen Bagh protests after which the Muslims started the Delhi riots when Trump was visiting.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the imported kuki refugees were cadres of insurgent groups and not normal civilians.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
These riots were pre-planned, it's not that the (((organizer))) cannot do a peaceful rally, this was the plan all along.
This is basically the MO for the Shaheen Bagh protests after which the Muslims started the Delhi riots when Trump was visiting.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the imported kuki refugees were cadres of insurgent groups and not normal civilians.
Yeah, recently Manipur GO suspended peace 3-4 Kuki militant talk from cease-fire that must have irked them even more and tried to take revenge by mingling with the protestor. Yeah, you could be right this could be all pre-planned I have never armed militants with protestor before in Manipur. Well, some have been clapped now, and more will be I guess if it goes on like this.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
The retaliation from the Meiteis has been (for lack of a better word) incredible. Enough to put the fear of God in anyone. It's like always being pushed into a corner brings out the most ferocious side of people.
Yeah, most of my friends told me, that it will like a one-off incident with some houses burning and protests and a few road blockades but never thought it will be responded to with this ferocity and determination in such a short span of time. That being said, let peace prevail in Manipur, it is like a jewel in the crown of the nation and can't let burn forever.

Cheran

Country flag
I would say that we are now facing a 3 front scenario.

If Myanmar does not close these NE insurgent bases or will not prevent Myanmar Kuki militants from entering India (due to CCP pressure), we will have another problem. 54 people have been killed. As per reports there was participation of these insurgents from Myanmar. Most probably they will have escaped to Mizoram & from there to haven in Myanmar border.

Wish we would start done attacks against these NE militant hubs/bases in Myanmar.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Imagine how sick their mentality is when they're trying to stop an evacuation of Meitis, and put women in front expecting there will be no bullets. As I mentioned before, this is not grievance, this is pure arrogance that they can do whatever they want to Hindus.

Azaad

Country flag

If Myanmar does not close these NE insurgent bases or will not prevent Myanmar Kuki militants from entering India (due to CCP pressure), we will have another problem. 54 people have been killed. As per reports there was participation of these insurgents from Myanmar. Most probably they will have escaped to Mizoram & from there to haven in Myanmar border.

Wish we would start done attacks against these NE militant hubs/bases in Myanmar.
Myanmar is itself at war with these Chin insurgents which is why they're escaping to India utilising the safe bases in Mizoram & now the hills of Manipur to launch attacks on Tatmadaw which in turn is complicating our relationship with Myanmar.

We can't be seen openly endorsing Tatmadaw actions against the Chin there as the clashes there though old has now assumed a different dimension which is one of an alliance of those fighting for democracy against the Tatmadaw to which these Chin insurgents have attached themselves . The more we side with the western nations on this issue to isolate the Tatmadaw the more we force them into the open arms of China who then will pursue their own agenda .

At the same time based on past experiences the Tatmadaw has proved to be extremely resilient to sanctions & equally impervious to sage counsel. In a nutshell they're the south eastern version of the Taliban with the same fanaticism minus the religion & religious indoctrination & equally stubborn.

The Home Ministry & by extension the GoI have proven to be both helpless & impotent for their explicit instructions to the state government of Mizoram to deny refuge to Myanmarese citizens mostly of Chin origin was ignored on humanitarian grounds who've now used their bases here to launch attacks on the Tatmadaw.

And now we've this royal mess in Manipur to further complicate matters.

Jimih

Country flag
Myanmar is itself at war with these Chin insurgents which is why they're escaping to India utilising the safe bases in Mizoram & now the hills of Manipur to launch attacks on Tatmadaw which in turn is complicating our relationship with Myanmar.

We can't be seen openly endorsing Tatmadaw actions against the Chin there as the clashes there though old has now assumed a different dimension which is one of an alliance of those fighting for democracy against the Tatmadaw to which these Chin insurgents have attached themselves . The more we side with the western nations on this issue to isolate the Tatmadaw the more we force them into the open arms of China who then will pursue their own agenda .

At the same time based on past experiences the Tatmadaw has proved to be extremely resilient to sanctions & equally impervious to sage counsel. In a nutshell they're the south eastern version of the Taliban with the same fanaticism minus the religion & religious indoctrination & equally stubborn.

The Home Ministry & by extension the GoI have proven to be both helpless & impotent for their explicit instructions to the state government of Mizoram to deny refuge to Myanmarese citizens mostly of Chin origin was ignored on humanitarian grounds who've now used their bases here to launch attacks on the Tatmadaw.

Well summarised.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
@Cheran Yes, I know about it and I too know a person in IDF. Honestly, I don't have any problem with them, to Israel some Kuki are their lost tribe, which is actually Kaching for them, new life, passport, and money, so many go there to settle and enjoy a new life. Don't want to say anything bad about the state of Israel as it is our staunch ally. However, something needs to be done, don't know what as of now. I did like to see how Al Jazeera will report on this flare-up, there are some reports but not in detail. Will they make Kuki(Israel lost tribe) as the hero (lots of ironies)

Cheran

Country flag

1683380542342.png

1683380575361.png

My point here is if Myanmar cannot take out these bases, can we act via drone attacks? In our national interest against these specific groups who create problems in NE via infiltration/training etc. The rest of the work need not see it as a pro Tatmadaw action but we could explain it as our war on terror.

Azaad

Country flag

View attachment 203304
View attachment 203305

My point here is if Myanmar cannot take out these bases, can we act via drone attacks? In our national interest against these specific groups who create problems in NE via infiltration/training etc. The rest of the work need not see it as a pro Tatmadaw action but we could explain it as our war on terror.
We'd need to be tactful here. There's the Kaladan MMTT project which's facing plenty of delays & revised deadlines galore. I believe the sea port has just been inaugurated connecting it to Kolkata.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaladan_Multi-Modal_Transit_Transport_Project

We need to sit down with these insurgents & draw our red lines. At the same time we need to engage Tatmadaw & draw our red lines there too. Simultaneously we need to draw up our plans there with back up plans & prepare our security forces to get involved if need be. As long as Myanmar continues to be in turmoil it'd have ramifications on the NE even without Chinese involvement .

Basically this isn't of our making. It's just events in our neighborhood which've spiralled out of control & as usual we're caught in between like a deer paralyzed by the glare of the headlights.

mushahary

Country flag
this video is old. the person in israel uniform is israeli citizen of Indian origin serving compulsory military service. Many people in mizoram believe they are one of the lost tribe of israel called bnei-menashe and immigrated to israel to settle there.

the local churches doesnot like it at all calls apostasy, infact considering our good relation with Israel we could use this against these pastor idiots.

tomthounaojam

Country flag
this video is old. the person in israel uniform is israeli citizen of Indian origin serving compulsory military service. Many people in mizoram believe they are one of the lost tribe of israel called bnei-menashe and immigrated to israel to settle there.

the local churches doesnot like it at all calls apostasy, infact considering our good relation with Israel we could use this against these pastor idiots.
Yeah, both Benjamin and Honorable PM has a good relationship and should try to end this, trust me 90% goes there for a better life, not for some Indiana Jones story.

shade

Country flag
We'd need to be tactful here. There's the Kaladan MMTT project which's facing plenty of delays & revised deadlines galore. I believe the sea port has just been inaugurated connecting it to Kolkata.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaladan_Multi-Modal_Transit_Transport_Project

We need to sit down with these insurgents & draw our red lines. At the same time we need to engage Tatmadaw & draw our red lines there too. Simultaneously we need to draw up our plans there with back up plans & prepare our security forces to get involved if need be. As long as Myanmar continues to be in turmoil it'd have ramifications on the NE even without Chinese involvement .

Basically this isn't of our making. It's just events in our neighborhood which've spiralled out of control & as usual we're caught in between like a deer paralyzed by the glare of the headlights.
Do we have any leverage on the Tatmadaw bois?
I remember many years back there was a SURGICAL STRIKE on Naga militants setup on the Burmese side on the border, and the tatmadaw( or the aung san su kyi sarkar idk ) was ok with it.
I have also heard pre-civil war they used to collaborate with our army to whack the same kind of unga-bunga secessionists found on both sides of the border.

Mizoram is run by an ex-insurgent boss who laid down his arms and turned to politeeks.
What's not to say he isn't going for round two egged on by the G2 giving FULL SAPOT :troll:

Ofc even the Kurds in Saddam's Iraq were given FULL SAPOT by Amreeka but such support was not be seen when Saddam gassed them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles