Nirbhay Cruise Missile Development

Tridev123

Country flag
Then we must go for American options for engine alone.. May be we can contact to get the engine used in tomohawks, for time being.
I seriously doubt whether Washington will release mini turbofan engines to us.
Any info on their willingness?. Can you quote a source?. The Americans may offer the Tomahawk missiles (probably) for use against the Chinese but not the engines themselves a la carte. They would like us to be dependent on them. Not be self-sufficient.

cyclops

Country flag
People need to understand that R&Ding cruise missiles isn't easy, they are basically jet-planes.
I suggest looking at the initial stages of development for Tomahawk, the failure rate will shock you.

I think Nirbhay's current success to failure ratio is quite normal.

Its the systems that are barely ever tested but are deemed operational that should be doubted.

Tuco

Country flag
People need to understand that R&Ding cruise missiles isn't easy, they are basically jet-planes.
I suggest looking at the initial stages of development for Tomahawk, the failure rate will shock you.

I think Nirbhay's current success to failure ratio is quite normal.

Its the systems that are barely ever tested but are deemed operational that should be doubted.
None of the domestic systems.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
DRDO air launched cruise missile

View attachment 77531

DRDO has made a great stride in missile development. I fore see India overtaking almost all countries in some area of Missile technology. I do not think that any country except US, Russia and France shall be ahead of India missile technologies. And these countries too shall be ahead in some selective areas only.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
DRDO has made a great stride in missile development. I fore see India overtaking almost all countries in some area of Missile technology. I do not think that any country except US, Russia and France shall be ahead of India missile technologies. And these countries too shall be ahead in some selective areas only.
Over expectations , development budget of china , russia are too high , most product are not advertised with genuine parameters .
We can be good ,but what you are comparing with is their work of 80's , 90's or 2000's early , we are late .
Look at the next generation weapons they are developing , wecan match them by 2025 almost but to over perform it should be after 2032 or so

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Over expectations , development budget of china , russia are too high , most product are not advertised with genuine parameters .
We can be good ,but what you are comparing with is their work of 80's , 90's or 2000's early , we are late .
Look at the next generation weapons they are developing , wecan match them by 2025 almost but to over perform it should be after 2032 or so

Can you please tell me in which area of missile technology China is ahead of us? Please enlighten me. Which Next generation Weapon China is developing which we are not developing ? Please enlighten me.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Can you please tell me in which area of missile technology China is ahead of us? Please enlighten me. Which Next generation Weapon China is developing which we are not developing ? Please enlighten me.
Heard of pl 21 , or the df series , i am not talking only about quality but induction too .
Also their sam technologies are more advanced for now , xr sam will take time , some of our sensor are not fully indigenous or yet to be tested .
They have some advantage of espionage etc for now

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Heard of pl 21 , or the df series , i am not talking only about quality but induction too .
Also their sam technologies are more advanced for now , xr sam will take time , some of our sensor are not fully indigenous or yet to be tested .
They have some advantage of espionage etc for now
Yes, I have heard about that shit. It is like Cinopharm vaccine of China. A shit. DF series have advantage in Range only. They are not comparable to Agni Series in technology and accuracy. In SAM technology, they are no match to India. They have HQ series and yet they buy S 400 from Russia. This tells a lot about its quality. On the other hand , MRSAM is the best medium range SAM, Akash Mk1 and 2 are way better than anything Chinese have. AAD and PAD outclasses any chinese missile in any area.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Yes, I have heard about that shit. It is like Cinopharm vaccine of China. A shit. DF series have advantage in Range only. They are not comparable to Agni Series in technology and accuracy. In SAM technology, they are no match to India. They have HQ series and yet they buy S 400 from Russia. This tells a lot about its quality. On the other hand , MRSAM is the best medium range SAM, Akash Mk1 and 2 are way better than anything Chinese have. AAD and PAD outclasses any chinese missile in any area.
Ask @porky_kicker , he would give you numbers , yeah our products are good but downplaying a back stabber would be worst of all mistake even after they have acess to lot of US files , they would loose all advantage in near future if drdo is rocking like this .

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Ask @porky_kicker , he would give you numbers , yeah our products are good but downplaying a back stabber would be worst of all mistake even after they have acess to lot of US files , they would loose all advantage in near future if drdo is rocking like this .
They have lost the advantage already. They copied Su 33 and made a shit named J 15 which is not capable to carry any payload except air to air missiles. Some time ago, They tried to copy Brahmos and failed. It is not about down playing anything which is Chinese but it is about realistic assessment. Their tank lost the wheel in Tank Biathlon in Russia. Their missiles sold to Pakistan are hitting residential area in Baluchistan rather than the target in Indian Ocean. They have lost many J 10 in accident. Their rockets are falling in sea. Atleast 3 have fallen in last 2 years. They are just good at one thing and that is Propaganda. Half of their weapon are exported to Pakistan. Half of the Chinese made JF 17 who were in operation for more than 5 years are grounded. They are not even been able to make good generic drugs. If you see China beyond its propaganda, you will realize the reality.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Lack of self confidence In this post.
The previous inactive government which made DRDO an extension of government is gone. Under new government and new management at DRDO, a fresh effort is afoot in every field. Still a lot to be done but it us moving in right direction.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
main difficulty : the engine (fuel saving for greater range) and end course seeker.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
They seemed to have operationnal glide missiles (DF17). I don't think there is a similar missile everywhere (except maybe russia ?)

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
They seemed to have operationnal glide missiles (DF17). I don't think there is a similar missile everywhere (except maybe russia ?)
Our K 15 is better than that Glide missile in technology as it does not go out of atmosphere and still hit the target with Mach 8 Speed. K4 are the same missile which flies in depressed trajectory and hit the target with much more speed than DF 17. DF 17 goes out of atmosphere , gathers a lots of kinetic energy and slows town to lower hypersonic mach number before it hits target. K series is much better than any DF in terms of technology, Survivability , Accuracy etc except in Range.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
There are ways to deal with it. Please elaborate your posts so that I can understand it and response it.
in clear : do you have an indigenous small engine not fuel gridy for your own products? It is one key.
Do you have indigenous autonomous end course seeker for metric accuracy ?

I say that because these two points was key for the SCALP program. ie We had small turbines, but too thirsty to have a correct range (or need to increase the missile size). So I think it may be two difficulty for Indian missile industry.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles