Next Generation Missile Vessel

ladder

Country flag
I don't get it , kamorta has Enough space , if navy wants it can add mf star to it , add brahmos and vlsrsam or barak 8 , but they want to keep it under armed
All of the above will be added to Next Generation (Multi Purpose) Corvette when ordered.
Kamorta class will remain ASW corvette. Yes, 16*2 cell VL-SR SAM will be added.

Although I may wish in the future, NASM-MR to be added, but only a out side chance.

Last edited:

thebakofbakchod

So whats the update for this? I think i posted the other comment in the wrong thread my bad. This is the one where the contract has been awarded but i can neither find the design nor any sign saying work has started

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The first among the next generation projects is the Next Generation Missile Vessel NGMV. Six of these are to be built by Cochin Shipyard Limited CSL which won the bid in 2021. CSL CMD Madhu S Nair told investors in May 2022 that negotiations with the Navy have been completed adding that while CSL expected award of contract by June, it may be delayed towards September. The six vessels, costing about 9,000 crores, would take over eight years to build. These would be armed with eight BrahMos missiles, VL-SRSAM for air defence and various guns.

Blademaster

Ya'll Nibbiars The first among the next generation projects is the Next Generation Missile Vessel NGMV. Six of these are to be built by Cochin Shipyard Limited CSL which won the bid in 2021. CSL CMD Madhu S Nair told investors in May 2022 that negotiations with the Navy have been completed adding that while CSL expected award of contract by June, it may be delayed towards September. The six vessels, costing about $1.3 billion, would take over eight years to build. These would be armed with eight BrahMos missiles, VL-SRSAM for air defence and various guns.
how many SAMs per vessel? Hangar? how many helicopters? Range of vessel? engine output?

Haldilal

Country flag
how many SAMs per vessel? Hangar? how many helicopters? Range of vessel? engine output?
Ya'll Nibbiars 8 bharnos, 8 LRSAMs and eight close quarters SAM. And one hanger. The Displacment 2,500 tones to 3,000 tones.

Haldilal

Country flag
Bille corvette hai frigate nahi it will have vlsrsam type missiles,ciws for AD ..no chance of lrsam
Ya'll Nibbiars then Amy be 16 VLRSAMs. But the VLE number is 24 plus limited ASWMs and surely will weight the same as the Project 28 Class corvettes despite the 2500 tons stated displacments.

Blademaster

Ya'll Nibbiars then Amy be 16 VLRSAMs. But the VLE number is 24 plus limited ASWMs and surely will weight the same as the Project 28 Class corvettes despite the 2500 tons stated displacments.
And we are getting 6 of them for nearly $1.25 billion dollars?

Haldilal

Country flag
They should have combined ngmv and NGC requirements and set a standard displacement for Corvettes and mass produce them.
Ya'll Nibbiars Appreantly the NGC will be larger than any classes before. May as large as 3,500 tonnes fully loaded that's the speculation Going on. A heavy Corvette or a light frigates. A multi purpose one's.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles