New Russian single engine fighter jet

blackjack

Country flag
Not even close. Russia is still decades behind west in aviation specially military aviation. only thing they have made serious progress is in armoured vehicles & nuclear submarines lately....rest is all crap.
The thing is you can get like 3 of these stealth aircrafts for the price of one F-35( I dont think the F-35 can handle heavy EW suppression from 2 LTS aircrafts while the other one uses radar) and still pay less in terms of refueling by 1/7th the cost of the F-35 or 3/7th the cost, There is also an unmanned option like the Su-70 coming up Russian light fighter Checkmate called the achievement of world aviation in 2021 (naukatehnika.com). In regards to aviation Let me know when the west is going to field photonic radars, internal hypersonic air to ground missiles or start test flying hypersonic near orbit aircrafts, hell even have a functional DIRCM in their aircrafts

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
The thing is you can get like 3 of these stealth aircrafts for the price of one F-35( I dont think the F-35 can handle heavy EW suppression from 2 LTS aircrafts while the other one uses radar)
How you came to this conclusion? The fact is Russian are bad when it comes to radars and EW pods. In fact they are so bad that IAF replaces Russian avionics, electronics and EW system with Indian, French and Israeli once.
Looking at the current configuration F-35 looks more than capable to handle multiple Su-75.
and still pay less in terms of refueling by 1/7th the cost of the F-35 or 3/7th the cost,
How do you know what is fuel consumption of Su-75?
Once you start adding stuff to make Su-75 potent the cost will sky-rock.
There is also an unmanned option like the Su-70 coming up Russian light fighter Checkmate called the achievement of world aviation in 2021 (naukatehnika.com). In regards to aviation
The keyword is planned.Why should IAF invest in a platform that even the home country is not interested in? Su-75 platform will be a burden to India, IAF and will adversely hamper AMCA program.
Let me know when the west is going to field photonic radars, internal hypersonic air to ground missiles or start test flying hypersonic near orbit aircrafts,
All these items are still pipe dream and yet to be deployed.
hell even have a functional DIRCM in their aircrafts
Western AF do have DIRCM.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I repeat Russia is 3 decades behind US in military aviation. Yes you heard it right 3 decade behind.
Then why is there so much panic against Su-35?

3 decades is a little too far by your estimates. Stealth would mean squat if Russians develop radars that can track F-35s. There are already unverified reports of S-400s tracking F-35s in Syria. These are refuted by Western sources, but after American denial of any Pakistani F-16 being shot down (by Grp. Cpt. Abhinandan), can their refuting be considered reliable?

Sigmamale101

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Then why is there so much panic against Su-35?

3 decades is a little too far by your estimates. Stealth would mean squat if Russians develop radars that can track F-35s. There are already unverified reports of S-400s tracking F-35s in Syria. These are refuted by Western sources, but after American denial of any Pakistani F-16 being shot down (by Grp. Cpt. Abhinandan), can their refuting be considered reliable?
Where's the panic ? all is see is America churning out F 35 likes pancake.
all radars can track F 35 or any other stealth plane what's new? My money is on F 35 though even against Rafale :) .
Russia can claim all the bull s**t but law of physics work same everywhere even in Russia.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
all radars can track F 35 or any other stealth plane what's new? My money is on F 35 though even against Rafale :) .
Russia can claim all the bull s**t but law of physics work same everywhere even in Russia.
All radars can track F-35s? Then what's the point in them being called stealth? I know low signature and all, but let me put this straight; Israel had to tell Russia that they would invade Syria if a single Israeli F-35 was shot down after the Turkish blunder of shooting down a Russian jet pissed Putin off and he ordered S-400s to Syria to ensure airspace dominance.

Sure F-35 is a deadly, deadly jet. It has tech that we would itch to get our hands on. But Russians have been keeping their air defense game up too well for too long. Even Americans acknowledge it.

blackjack

Country flag
How you came to this conclusion? The fact is Russian are bad when it comes to radars and EW pods. In fact they are so bad that IAF replaces Russian avionics, electronics and EW system with Indian, French and Israeli once.
Looking at the current configuration F-35 looks more than capable to handle multiple Su-75.
I mean did they ask for better quality stuff? Rostec in 2014 published GaN EW modules for 3 different aircrafts unless that is what the indians wanted for the aircrafts they purchase or not? Not to pour salt to your wounds or any indians here but stupid choices from India do happen, for example purchasing 4th gen Rafales for 100 million dollars each instead of going for F-35s which was a choice for them at a cheaper cost.

https://aviationweek.com/shownews/d...-carve-out-niche-international-fighter-market

The main advantage of the Su-75 is set to be its low price and high combat potential. UAC CEO Yuri Slyusar said the Checkmate will be offered at a similar price to the Gripen NG; Chemezov set the fighter’s price at $25-30 million. Mikhail Strelets, head of Sukhoi Design Bureau, declared that the Checkmate’s flight-hour cost will be “seven times less” than an F-35’s.

Sky rocket from 25 to 30 million?

The keyword is planned.Why should IAF invest in a platform that even the home country is not interested in? Su-75 platform will be a burden to India, IAF and will adversely hamper AMCA program.
I guess you guys or people are already nervous about the AMCA program when this aircraft was introduced, If you are bitching about the avionics part than dont worry the LTS is open architecture lol.

nothing heard from the west about it

5th gens dont but which one and it better be fighter class?

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
All radars can track F-35s? Then what's the point in them being called stealth?
After a particular distance all radars can successfully track all stealth aircraft as the radar's transmission power overwhelms the RAM and directional reflection characteristics of stealth aircraft. The only question remains is at what distance.

The point of stealth doesn't mean invisible to radars but make tracking difficult and delayed to extent that your aircraft can threaten and destroy enemy assets (be it ground based enemy air defense or enemy aircraft) before they can successfully engage you.
Stealth alone is not used to enter denied airspace. Its is used in conjunction to EW, Radar coverage avoidance and using specialized SEAD and DEAD munition (e.g. ARM).

JBH22

Russians do not envisage to use their Su35 on stand alone basis. Their strategy will be multi layered air defense radars, SAM and airplanes to counter the F 35. The Russians are fighting a defensive mode like India. Not everyone is interested in bringing 'democracy' to some weak states using military might.

SARTHAK

Country flag

regarding russian ew

a2g hypersonics are not a pipe dream,DIRCM is not very effective for jets

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I mean did they ask for better quality stuff? Rostec in 2014 published GaN EW modules for 3 different aircrafts unless that is what the indians wanted for the aircrafts they purchase or not? Not to pour salt to your wounds or any indians here but stupid choices from India do happen, for example purchasing 4th gen Rafales for 100 million dollars each instead of going for F-35s which was a choice for them at a cheaper cost.
Which Russian aircraft use GaN EW modules? Care to elaborate on same. GaN modules is not every thong. Its just one piece of technology. Their are lot of different things required to make a successful radar or EW suite.
With F-35 their are lot of strategic implications that need to be analyzed in detail. Also F-35 was not offered for original MMRCA deal.
https://aviationweek.com/shownews/d...-carve-out-niche-international-fighter-market

The main advantage of the Su-75 is set to be its low price and high combat potential. UAC CEO Yuri Slyusar said the Checkmate will be offered at a similar price to the Gripen NG; Chemezov set the fighter’s price at $25-30 million. Mikhail Strelets, head of Sukhoi Design Bureau, declared that the Checkmate’s flight-hour cost will be “seven times less” than an F-35’s.
Keyword is will-be. Every thing is hypothetical as of now.
Your source is some Journalist claiming all hypothetical scenario with concrete source or data. Without hard facts and data all this should be considered propaganda BS.
Sky rocket from 25 to 30 million?
Start adding features to make Su-75 price will skyrocket . It doesn't matters what you starting cost is. What matters is what your final cost is.
I guess you guys or people are already nervous about the AMCA program when this aircraft was introduced,
We are nervous because Russian along with our esteemed import lobby will go to any extent to make IAF import stuff from Russia even if it is inferior.
If you are bitching about the avionics part than dont worry the LTS is open architecture lol.
Once we staring adding and/or replacing avionics the price will skyrocket (vikramaditya BS will take place all over again).
nothing heard from the west about it
No one claimed that West had such weapons on the contrary you're indirectly implying Russians where having these technologies while West doesn't.
5th gens dont but which one and it better be fighter class?
They do have Flares. DIRCM is not everything. Western philosophy is to use flare with maneuvering to avoid IR-missiles. As per them DIRCM is too bulk, power hungry and too counter-productive to stealth. Just having DIRCM doesn't make Su-57 better especially when it lacks in other departments.
DIRCM aren't very effective against Air to Air IR guided missiles.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
regarding russian ew

a2g hypersonics are not a pipe dream,DIRCM is not very effective for jets
Dude your source is some random account on twitter.
EL/M-8222 jammer is used primary on SU-30 MKI.
I read or heard some where that DARE developed ASPJ pods where going to be used to replace jammers on Su-30 MKI.
Hypersonic A2G missile following cruise trajectory are still a long way to go.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
World will have a much better option over Junk 10, though nobody except Pakistan is interested in Junk 10. It will be a potential competitor of MWF with higher maneuverability than Tejas but inferior weapon package and electronics.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
I repeat Russia is 3 decades behind US in military aviation. Yes you heard it right 3 decade behind.
Russian planes are excellent in maneuvers and speed but lacks in stealth and electronics. AMCA will be an ideal 5th generation plane with combination of US and Russian fifth generation plane goodies. Now, defense experts across the world has started taking a lots of interest in AMCA. UK wants to be a part of AMCA. US has praised AMCA a lot. Recently, US think tanks and reports has praised AMCA, Durga II and India's hypersonic Brahmos a lot.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
What Russian goodies are present in AMCA?
It will be highly maneuverable like its Russian counterpart (unlike draggy and poor maneuverable F 35) and will have electronics comparable to US and European planes like F 35 and Rafale. On any given day, AMCA will be the second best fifth generation plane after F22. J20 is not even 5th generation. It legs behind many 3.5 generation planes in maneuverability and legs behind many forth generation planes like Saab Gripen in electronics and EW. Rafale is far far ahead than Junk 20 in electronics and virtually anything.

SARTHAK

Country flag
Dude your source is some random account on twitter.
EL/M-8222 jammer is used primary on SU-30 MKI.
I read or heard some where that DARE developed ASPJ pods where going to be used to replace jammers on Su-30 MKI.
Hypersonic A2G missile following cruise trajectory are still a long way to go.
Random account! it is @hvtiaf(harsh vardhan thakur --the most decorated test pilot in iaf)

SARTHAK

Country flag
But he has not been handling it. It was tweeted from the same account
he has not handling it recently but when this post was tweeted i remember it was handled by him,he had no other account at that time

blackjack

Country flag
Which Russian aircraft use GaN EW modules? Care to elaborate on same. GaN modules is not every thong. Its just one piece of technology. Their are lot of different things required to make a successful radar or EW suite.
With F-35 their are lot of strategic implications that need to be analyzed in detail. Also F-35 was not offered for original MMRCA deal.
Keyword is will-be. Every thing is hypothetical as of now.
Your source is some Journalist claiming all hypothetical scenario with concrete source or data. Without hard facts and data all this should be considered propaganda BS.
Start adding features to make Su-75 price will skyrocket . It doesn't matters what you starting cost is. What matters is what your final cost is.
We are nervous because Russian along with our esteemed import lobby will go to any extent to make IAF import stuff from Russia even if it is inferior.
Once we staring adding and/or replacing avionics the price will skyrocket (vikramaditya BS will take place all over again).
No one claimed that West had such weapons on the contrary you're indirectly implying Russians where having these technologies while West doesn't.
They do have Flares. DIRCM is not everything. Western philosophy is to use flare with maneuvering to avoid IR-missiles. As per them DIRCM is too bulk, power hungry and too counter-productive to stealth. Just having DIRCM doesn't make Su-57 better especially when it lacks in other departments.
DIRCM aren't very effective against Air to Air IR guided missiles.
The F-35 EW suite did get updated but they are not saying if it is more software or module related, https://rostec.ru/upload/iblock/749/7499bd4f8161ec87a58c080c077564e8.pdf See page 63 keep in mind this is a 2014 book and the Su-35, Su-57 and Su-34 all had gotten new EW modules after 2014. I thought before that the Russians were behind in drone technology because they did not have anything like X-47B, BAE Taranis or Neuron but none of this have production or in service dates while the Su-70 does and they making the Su-75 variant the same way with extra fuel because no cockpit is needed for more fuel storage https://eadaily.com/ru/news/2021/12...-chto-ostalos-za-kadrom-na-dubai-airshow-2021, dont know how they are infrared sensing technology but they did manage to catch up really quickly if we compare this https://en.topwar.ru/181736-rosteh-...-pribory-razvedki-dlja-specpodrazdelenij.html to this https://www.baesystems.com/en-us/product/target-reconnaissance-infrared-geolocating-range-finder. I am pretty sure photonic radars will outperform conventional radars so its not like something India will receive anyways. Also Billie flyn an F-35 pilot in a interview stated he can see the enemy 200 miles away, and I assure the Su-35 and current Su-57 do so as well and the LTS will be based off the su-57 radar and I think they have the same size radar dome noses, so i wish the F-35 good luck facing two LTS jamming the shit out of it with another one using its radar and this will be a fair fight in terms of comparing costs.:daru:

The CEO is not some journalist rather if you want to believe or not what he says I dont care. But I dont see you doubting or argued against the cost of the Su-70 being 13.5 million dollars a piece or giving better air to ground results than the F-35 can with some air to air and radar capabilities which I am very sure those western countries have not even started yet with their drones.

excuses excuses there were some F-16.net members back in 2009 stating how the F-35 would be the 1st to have DIRCM like how the X-47B would be the 1st heavy stealth operational drone but that did not come to be. Now state flares lol, also are you high thinking lasers are not good against infrared systems?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles