Naxals/Maoists Watch

Should the Indian government use armed forces against the naxals/maoists?

• Total voters

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
By your logic, murican forces in Iraq & Afghanistan should not have been attacked beyond the first year. Muricans had everything with them drone, satellites, superior firepower etc etc..

And yet IED attacks did happen on murican forces, why?

keep in mind IED attacks on murican forces reduced only when they stopped going outside barracks for operations, that is the phase they are in right now.
Read my post, I am talking about walking into an ambush here.. not IED attacks.. Forces need better counter ambush tactics... and forces have been operating in sukma for a very long time..

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It does, USA got first hand experience of fighting IEDs so they developed their tactics accordingly.

And the ultimate tactic of which succeeded in reducing their casualties is that they are using now, is to avoid going outside the barracks itself, except for airport security convoys that too is handled mostly by private security.

Ayushraj

Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Read my post, I am talking about walking into an ambush here.. not IED attacks.. Forces need better counter ambush tactics... and forces have been operating in sukma for a very long time..
And I am saying no amount of tactics can prevent a planned ambush.

It’s a constant battle between tactics used by security forces and counter tactics used by naxals, and vice versa.

Need not jump to conclusions right away, wait for official report on what exactly happened.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I am questioning the argument being put forth that superior kit and equipment reduces casualties.
There is no complete protection from IEDs.. If you bring in MPVs.. the IEDs used will get bigger to still cause fatalities, and its no big deal to make more powerful IEDs.. IED casualties can somewhat be reduced by changing patrolling patterns, road opening parties etc.. My problem is with repeated large scale ambushes involving a large number of naxals.. Forces, should develop counter strategies..
And we can't stop patrolling and hand over area dominance to the naxals, like the US did in Iraq and Afghanistan...

SUPERPOWER

Country flag

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Why you are promoting such idiots.
These idiots get more popularity by this.
It's duty of GOI to deal with this idiots
Ya'll Nibbiars target to nahi kar sakte twitter. Kya bas chup rahana chaiye kya?.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Target karne ke chakkar mei inko popularity dete ho.
Phir yeh sab unki kamai ka jariya bante hai.
Dhruv r$ndi , akash bh*sidwala, etc are creation of right wingers.
They earned popularity at cost of RW and targeting in SM
Ya'll Not due to us but they are supported by their system and are promoted.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles