Naxals/Maoists Watch

Should the Indian government use armed forces against the naxals/maoists?

• Total voters

Harbinger

कसाई
What's this human rights commission, we are fighting a war aren't we here ?
Naxal insurgency isn't recognised as a full blown war by the government, the proceedings taken are almost as same as any other normal encounter with a civil criminal. Moreover these naxals kill people, uniformed men, sabotage things and what not, in the end they surrender, they get the reward cash from the government and get some leniency from the criminals charges and live a normal life 🤷🏻

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Human rights bhai, most of the cops refrain from shooting first, one confirmed kill by you or under your command if you're an officer and you'll have to clear human rights commission first lol, i totally love this job you get a mixed feeling of pride of serving and paranoia stalking you 24/7
Bro WTF!! Even countries who care about human rights, take an offensive action as quickly as possible. We should never back off, atleast to set a point next time

Last edited:

Harbinger

कसाई
Hence the reason why I said to arm our drones with night fighting capabilities (IR, Thermal, etc) and burn them out.
First of all By drones, we mean, radio controlled hovering imaging devices. Idk how they'll burn them out. Second, drones were used in the chattisgarh encounter, naxals changed their paths and hid, simple.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
First of all By drones, we mean, radio controlled hovering imaging devices. Idk how they'll burn them out. Second, drones were used in the chattisgarh encounter, naxals changed their paths and hid, simple.
Look at all my previous posts, 90% of the drones I mentioned are hovering/Loitering/rotary drones. Because it's common sense that fixed wing drones cannot be used in a thick forest.
But one aspect about the fixed wings is that they can be used for scouting/surveillance of the area at night for night ops.
CRPF should have their own air wing ASAP. I know it's laughable since we don't have enough money to improve our infantry units, but here it goes. Arm them with
*Loitering Munition Drones (Indegenous/ Isreali), bad news is that India doesn't have its own project in this field.
View attachment 83964
* HAL cheetah, and arm them with hardpoints. Since they are small they can be used as infantry support like AH-1 cobra, except smaller.
*HAL LUH and modify them as a gunship.
* Swamp drones (kamakaze) which are armed and used to inflict bigger damage when the adversary are large in numbers.
*Fixed wing drones for surveillance of the area since they have better endurance than rotary drones.
These can be used in their Air Wing if they are formed with budget allocations.

Harbinger

कसाई
Look at all my previous posts, 90% of the drones I mentioned are hovering/Loitering/rotary drones. Because it's common sense that fixed wing drones cannot be used in a thick forest.
But one aspect about the fixed wings is that they can be used for scouting/surveillance of the area at night for night ops.
Man first of all you need to get some things clear, crpf is a police force not a military force, second if the crpf even get structured like that, government will remove crpf from red corridors.
Ps i referred to the post you quoted of your own

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Man first of all you need to get some things clear, crpf is a police force not a military force, second if the crpf even get structured like that, government will remove crpf from red corridors.
Ps i referred to the post you quoted of your own
Operating few armed drones isn't gonna make an organization a military force. I have seen plenty of gendermerie units around the world use armed drones against insurgencies.

Harbinger

कसाई
Operating few armed drones isn't gonna make an organization a military force. I have seen plenty of gendermerie units around the world use armed drones against insurgencies.
Doesn't matter, India is different. People can aspire for all they want since imagination has no boundaries but try to be on ground too, I repeatedly dismiss all these suggestions because I've a different perspective than you and vice versa, I've seen these OPS, I've seen how all this work, it's just, I've millions of reasons which can't be explained verbally in an articulated manner, the reasons why these aspirations are useless fantasies.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Doesn't matter, India is different. People can aspire for all they want since imagination has no boundaries but try to be on ground too, I repeatedly dismiss all these suggestions because I've a different perspective than you and vice versa, I've seen these OPS, I've seen how all this work, it's just, I've millions of reasons which can't be explained verbally in an articulated manner, the reasons why these aspirations are useless fantasies.
So what you're implying is CRPF can never get its own air wing even if it's a drone. Then you really think IAF is the only possible force which is going to provide air cover??

Harbinger

कसाई
So what you're implying is CRPF can never get its own air wing even if it's a drone. Then you really think IAF is the only possible force which is going to provide air cover??
Air cover isn't needed first of all. We only need helicopters, that too for air lifting the wounded which is provided by BSF and IAF

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles