Naval LCA Tejas

Chinmoy

Country flag
Forgive me if this had been already answered in the past but for the last couple of days I had a very important question.
1)If Indian Navy theoretically deploys LCA Navy on ins Vikrant as it's Air wing than what sort of Armaments will it be able to carry?
Like what missiles and Weopons will it be able to carry?
Will it be able to carry all Weopons which the Normal LCA Tejas will be able to carry?
NO.

The one reason why IN has not shown interest in NLCA is this among others. Watch the latest episode of Tarmak with Cdr Maolankar.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag

I was looking at images of the N-LCA, and found this, specifically where the fuel is indicated it says ETA 17:40:45, i dont wanna make wrong conclusions, but what does it mean?
FUEL bar says in KG the amount of fuel left, ETA is presumably Estimated time of arrival? would need Mid air refuelling maybe? No idea.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
FUEL bar says in KG the amount of fuel left, ETA is presumably Estimated time of arrival? would need Mid air refuelling maybe? No idea.
Ok, so by my very rough calculations, tejas flying with three drop tanks can stay in the air for 8-10 hours. Presumably this was going to fly for a while, refuel midair and then do whatever.

Doesnt make complete sense still, but plausible.

Roland55

Country flag
yeah, in the left screen there is also info regarding fuel, i dont wanna think the endurance on internal fuel is 17 minutes (doesn't make any sense)...maybe its time to a programed waypoint?

Still, its the first time i see all detailed like that, with info and almost crystal clear.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
yeah, in the left screen there is also info regarding fuel, i dont wanna think the endurance on internal fuel is 17 minutes (doesn't make any sense)...maybe its time to a programed waypoint?

Still, its the first time i see all detailed like that, with info and almost crystal clear.
I thought 17 hours....

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag

I was looking at images of the N-LCA, and found this, specifically where the fuel is indicated it says ETA 17:40:45, i dont wanna make wrong conclusions, but what does it mean?
I think so that ETA means "Estimated Time of Arrival". Coming to the Number 17:40:45. Here 17 could be the hour, 40 could be the Minute and 45 could be the second. I don't know really, I am assuming that is what it is.

Also I noticed the background of the Photo too. It's from Dabolim airport in Goa. I myself live in Goa. And judging by the angle of the photo and background, here is where I am assuming the Naval LCA was at when the Picture was clicked.
IMG_20220302_132721.jpg
IMG_20220302_132854.jpg

Hence the Naval LCA was exactly at this point here :
IMG_20220302_133021.jpg

-
Impressive 👍🏻

Super Flanker

Country flag
I thought 17 hours....
I personally think that ETA means "Estimated Time of Arrival". But at the same time it could time clock for the pilot.

If we theorise that this ETA is a clock than the Number 17:40:45. Here 17 could be the hour, 40 could be the Minute and 45 could be the second. I don't know really, I am assuming that is what it is.

Tridev123

Country flag
Adding to the permutations and combinations of the argument.
One situation.
Suppose the pilot took off at 15.30.25 hrs Indian Standard Time.
Based on the fuel available he should return to base by 17.40.45 hrs IST so that he can land safely with sufficient fuel left. Again the flight time will vary depending on the speed of the aircraft. If he goes full supersonic for a long time, obviously fuel consumption will increase.
So the ETA may only be an approximation. If he has been given clear instructions to stay below a certain speed limit and the calculations are made based on the given upper speed limit.
😏. 🤔
Guessing.

Roland55

Country flag
I think so that ETA means "Estimated Time of Arrival". Coming to the Number 17:40:45. Here 17 could be the hour, 40 could be the Minute and 45 could be the second. I don't know really, I am assuming that is what it is.

Also I noticed the background of the Photo too. It's from Dabolim airport in Goa. I myself live in Goa. And judging by the angle of the photo and background, here is where I am assuming the Naval LCA was at when the Picture was clicked.
View attachment 141398View attachment 141399
Hence the Naval LCA was exactly at this point here :
View attachment 141400
-
Impressive 👍🏻
Interesting, maybe you could pay a visit with a camera.. :hehe:

in all seriousness thank you guys for the answers!

Super Flanker

Country flag
Interesting, maybe you could pay a visit with a camera.. :hehe:

in all seriousness thank you guys for the answers!
Sorry mate. I don't think so that Naval Tejas are present in Goa as of now so please don't expect any videos or Photos from me.

I myself have never seen the Naval LCA or any LCA Tejas in my lifetime. Also I would Reframe from sharing Pictures Because it could be Potentially sensitive Information.

Thank you.

Roland55

Country flag
Sorry mate. I don't think so that Naval Tejas are present in Goa as of now so please don't expect any videos or Photos from me.

I myself have never seen the Naval LCA or any LCA Tejas in my lifetime. Also I would Reframe from sharing Pictures Because it could be Potentially sensitive Information.

Thank you.
i was joking about the pics, its ok :) !

Super Flanker

Country flag
i was joking about the pics, its ok :) !
(Lol)You better have been joking about getting Pictures. I mean I don't have any problem getting the Pictures of any Plane in the Naval base in Goa but the issue is that you could be Potentially sharing sensitive Information. Other than that I don't have any other problem.

May you have a nice day ahead!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles