MRE rations

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Hi. Thanks for information. I wrote them but they don't answer.
Probably someone from soldiers had rations after doctrines?
At us many Russian rations are on sale. They can be bought as much as necessary.
You probably won't get an answer from them because I don't think they want to sell military stuff to non-military people esp. foreigners.
I think they do have products for civilians if I remember correctly but again not very popular.
Yes, some soldiers might have them, but I'm not a soldier.
If I come across something, I'll post it here.

Yes, I have seen all kinds of russian military stuff (and other euro, american military stuff) for sale online.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing! i used to go to the Airforce canteen until a few years ago. Can confirm we don't get it there(I had little hope of that anyway. And it made me look like a knob having tried there).
I don't think they are likely outside combat areas??
I mean why eat food from packet when you can eat fresh steaming food, right?

Besides I had not even heard about DFRL until the day I went there to meet someone. I don't know man, some things in the indian military are just kept low-key.

For eg: Did you know the second longest run-way in asia is in Arakkonam.
Did you know that the tallest artificial structure in india is in a base near a village deep south in TN (INS Kattabomman)
Our military is not keen on bragging. Low-key.

AnantS

Country flag
well if you eat some of the RTE meals from MTR company(available) , you are getting taste of MRE rations.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
well if you eat some of the RTE meals from MTR company(available) , you are getting taste of MRE rations.
I guess he wants it for collection purpose, and collectors always want the original stuff, not a civilian copy.

AnantS

Country flag
I guess he wants it for collection purpose, and collectors always want the original stuff, not a civilian copy.
Well I never saw MRE rations even with known person who was a JCO in ASC . I guess they are only given to troops deployed on border or long range patrol. I can understand they are not available in market, because there is hardly any demand for mre in civil. As Indians like to consume fresh cooked food.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Our enterprises make more than 50 years food for astronauts. Our astronauts also eat them.
Americans buy it for the astronauts too
Sorry, we would like to make it ourselves.
India got only space capsule design from Russia though, rest from life support systems to space suits, we developed our own and at least must be done.
Human Spaceflight is ultimate way of space power projection so foreign support must be kept limited.;)
That's why India chose Cdy-2 (Moon Rover) to do alone (and failure of Phobos Grunt Mission too).

Alekssmol67

Well I never saw MRE rations even with known person who was a JCO in ASC . I guess they are only given to troops deployed on border or long range patrol. I can understand they are not available in market, because there is hardly any demand for mre in civil. As Indians like to consume fresh cooked food.
There are people of the different nations. Maybe someone has other rations, not Indian

Alekssmol67

You probably won't get an answer from them because I don't think they want to sell military stuff to non-military people esp. foreigners.
I think they do have products for civilians if I remember correctly but again not very popular.
Yes, some soldiers might have them, but I'm not a soldier.
If I come across something, I'll post it here.

Yes, I have seen all kinds of russian military stuff (and other euro, american military stuff) for sale online.
When I did military service to me it was interesting that soldiers in other armies eat. I left army long ago, and interest remained.
By the way, it is convenient when the ration lies in the car. It has an expiration date up to 3 years. The car can break anywhere in the wood or on the road and so far there will arrive the help, you will be hungry. Russia the huge country and not everywhere is a civilization. Food in the car when doesn't damage.
It is also convenient to take it with itself when you go to the wood for several days. It is food for the whole days and it isn't necessary to be afraid that it will deteriorate on the street from a heat. Or when you go fishing, too it is convenient to take. There are many applications

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
@Kunal Biswas @Indx TechStyle @aditya10r @pmaitra @Bornubus and all others, who might have some information, please share it, this seems interesting.
@Alekssmol67

I've several Tins (empty ) of Amul Butter, when my father was posted at High altitude. I kept them as souvenirs.

Apart from the the stuff mentioned by others. This is the ration for the troops posted at High altitude including the coldest frontier siachen where our Post are situated 18,000 ft - 21,000 ft highest than any military posts anywhere in the world.

However, Dry fruits and chocolates etc are missing in this Pic.

NS7F61483454050.jpg

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
@Alekssmol67

Apart from the the stuff mentioned by others. This is the ration for the troops posted at High altitude including the coldest frontier siachen where our Post are situated 18,000 ft - 21,000 ft highest than any military posts anywhere in the world.

View attachment 12842
Do you ski man???????????????????????????????

Alekssmol67

@Alekssmol67

I've several Tins (empty ) of Amul Butter, when my father was posted at High altitude. I kept them as souvenirs.

View attachment 12842
Hi.
Thanks for the answer. You do military service?

Vayuputra

Country flag
Do our soldiers get to eat mutton, fish or any other meat or they just confined to chicken?

I am otm shank

Ï find MRE very interesting. I've watched a few dozen unboxing of different military rations and the French and Spain seem to be the most like "home cooked".

do indians have non vegetarian MRES? Is there region specific MRES?

do nepalis, pakisalafis and Bangla have MRES or so they import from the west like arabs?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles