Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

karn

Country flag
Really? I thought they imported 7.62mm for Sig & Negev just like they imported 5.56 for Tavors.

By MMG ammo, do you mean 7.62 X 51mm manufactured for FN Mag?
No .. MMG ammo for the the bren .
Which has a different grain from the SLR ammo. Even the SLR cannot fire the bren ammo reliably . I dunno which big brain nibba thought to use bren ammo on a significantly lighter rifle than the SLR.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
No .. MMG ammo for the the bren .
Which has a different grain from the SLR ammo. Even the SLR cannot fire the bren ammo reliably . I dunno which big brain nibba thought to use bren ammo on a significantly lighter rifle than the SLR.
Ah, so we meant LMG ammo.

Btw what is the correct grain count to be fired from Sig & Negev ? How that is different from our Bren LMG ammo ?

karn

Country flag
Ah, so we meant LMG ammo.

Btw what is the correct grain count to be fired from Sig & Negev ? How that is different from our Bren LMG ammo ?
Yeah my bad LMG.
I dunno the exact numbers for the grain count .
But I do know that back in the day when SLR and bren were the standard they would carry the ammo in cartons/cans marked with different coloured bands to differentiate them. Which imo is worse than having different ammo for your rifle and LMG .

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Yeah my bad LMG.
I dunno the exact numbers for the grain count .
But I do know that back in the day when SLR and bren were the standard they would carry the ammo in cartons/cans marked with different coloured bands to differentiate them. Which imo is worse than having different ammo for your rifle and LMG .
OFB still makes SLR ammo. Infact their new ammo made using new machines is of NATO export quality.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Is OFB currently manufacturing M80 ball ammo which is 147 gr 7.62*51 mm ammunition?

Were the original ammo which Sig Sauer delivered with the Sig-716i rifle M80 ball ammo or a match-grade ammo (with higher weight), that achieved sub-MOA precision during the testing phase of the rifle before acquisition?

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Is OFB currently manufacturing M80 ball ammo which is 147 gr 7.62*51 mm ammunition?

Were the original ammo which Sig Sauer delivered with the Sig-716i rifle M80 ball ammo or a match-grade ammo (with higher weight), that achieved sub-MOA precision during the testing phase of the rifle before acquisition?
1702537912421.png

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
India's Assault Rifle Induction Woes Continue With Delays in Indigenous Ak-203 Production Because of the delay, the MoD has approved the army's request for the follow-on import of 73,000 ‘Patrol’ Sig assault rifles from the US.
Indian navy's garud special forces 🙃 this article is tur🤐recycled version of the last with more stupidity

gutenmorgen

Country flag
The wire doing the usual stuff IMO.. IIRC it was them who started and were on about Indian Army not finding Sigs quality suitable. If that were the case, why would the Army order more?

WolfPack86

Country flag
Army develops multi-utility legged equipment. Here's how it works
Event comprised of exhibitions, product launches, structured interactions, technical seminars, ideas & innovation displays; & military equipment displays.

The North-Tech Symposium 2023 was jointly organised by the Indian Army's Northern Command, the Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM) and IIT-Jammu on Tuesday in Jammu. The event comprised exhibitions, product launches, one-on-one structured interactions, technical seminars, ideas and innovation displays as well as military equipment displays.

Speaking at the seminar, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said, “Though research and development (R&D) is a risky venture as it requires out-of-the-box thinking and sometimes does not give desired results, it still remains one of the basic elements for the development of any country. Hence, capital investment in R&D becomes a necessity.”

Here are a few equipment displayed at the event:

Multi-utility legged equipment
One of the equipment displayed at the symposium was a Multi-utility legged equipment (MULE). The four-legged equipment has a sleek design along with camera and radars.

Having a payload capacity of 12 kg, the equipment can be used on Wi-Fi or Long-Term Evolution (LTE). For short ranges, Wi-Fi can be used, whereas LTE can be used for distances up to 10 km from a remote location.

The MULE controlled by an easy-to-operate remoter control. It is an analog-faced machine.

Several payloads can be attached to the MULE like thermal cameras and radars. Not just that, a firing platform can also be integrated into it.

Pre-fed missions can be uploaded on the system to convey what mission is to be completed, be it through waypoints or recorded missions.

It is also viable to be used in all terrains — including snow and mountains. It can climb mountains hassle-free at upto 45 degrees and climb steps as high as 18 cm.

R&D Engineer at ARC Ventures Aryan Singh said, speaking to news agency ANI, “We can generally use it in the case of first contact. For example, we know our enemy is in a room but we don't know the exact location they are at inside the room, so we can use the 360 degrees cameras on the MULE and enter the room. The operator will find out where the enemy exactly is inside the room and the firing platform can be used to shoot down the enemy.”

Multi Weapon Engagement System (Anti Drone System)
Another equipment showcased at the symposium was an AI-based Autonomous Multi Weapon Engagement System (Anti Drone System). It's main objective is to shoot down drones and “kill” them.

The system is divided in three parts — the first is a weapon platform where several types of weapons including light machine guns, rifle and carbine can be installed; the second is an AI-based laptop; and the third is a controller box.

It consists of two modes — the autonomous mode and manual mode. In autonomous mode, it would detect and track the drone itself, and allow the operator to kill the target. In manual mode, it can be used for a survillance.

The system can shoot down any target, ariel or terrastrial.

It has been developed by the Military College Of Electronics And Mechanical Engineering. (MCEME)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles