Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

SGOperative

Country flag

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
At4 is practically western rpg,bunker buster,kill tanks ,car gustav more of a traditional anti tank and its not a disposable type launcher like the at 4
AT4 is a disposable launcher and they can’t be reused Carl Gustaf on other hand is reloadable. The Indian Army already operate a considerable number of Carl Gustaf old and new models and use them in urban combat against Islamic terrorists in Kashmir so what’s need for single shot luncher with same caliber that is less efficient when you already have the better weapon.

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Everything is so cool except that AK203 was there no AR alternative?
No it's not. Look at the dark green camo they are wearing instead of the regular Siachen issue white one. They are lit up for the enemy snipers there.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Refer this thread you will get the answer
I don't think so, mate.

My point about all-white was only because that is readily available in IA's inventory. If there is a snow camo pattern planned, all the more better.

You see, when soldiers or even civilian climbers/field operatives (such as myself) spend extensive time in the snow, our eyes and senses become very attuned to identifying movement from far away and come to a conclusion.

This is common because sometimes in the wilderness, it becomes a case of life and death as we can identify wildlife (a very important role). I have worn camo patterns for days when stationed in remote locations as a part of my work to observe movements, patterns and identify threats to shooting crew before any real projects can begin. It is not as difficult to make these observations as this thread says.

1642700658017.png
1642700672204.png

1642700712403.png

To say that disruptive pattern is difficult to discern from 'old snow' is assuming that the observers in question are new to the terrain as opposed to the stationed snipers, scouting units, etc., whose literal job is to train their eyes to identify the slightest of movements.

Thus, it does not hold ground. Climatic conditions are given a priority in uniform for a reason since we are not in the 19th century where conspicuous designs were worn to announce the military's presence, as opposed to masking them.

SGOperative

Country flag
I don't think so, mate.

My point about all-white was only because that is readily available in IA's inventory. If there is a snow camo pattern planned, all the more better.

You see, when soldiers or even civilian climbers/field operatives (such as myself) spend extensive time in the snow, our eyes and senses become very attuned to identifying movement from far away and come to a conclusion.

This is common because sometimes in the wilderness, it becomes a case of life and death as we can identify wildlife (a very important role). I have worn camo patterns for days when stationed in remote locations as a part of my work to observe movements, patterns and identify threats to shooting crew before any real projects can begin. It is not as difficult to make these observations as this thread says.

View attachment 132905 View attachment 132906
View attachment 132907

To say that disruptive pattern is difficult to discern from 'old snow' is assuming that the observers in question are new to the terrain as opposed to the stationed snipers, scouting units, etc., whose literal job is to train their eyes to identify the slightest of movements.

Thus, it does not hold ground. Climatic conditions are given a priority in uniform for a reason since we are not in the 19th century where conspicuous designs were worn to announce the military's presence, as opposed to masking them.
Rajouri where they are is not covered in snow all time of the year, and lets say he is wrong here even then having a camo just for hardly few months is a logistical nightmare.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles