Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
View attachment 65915

We were having 1 Lakh of Romanian AKs alone in 1995,
then we have tonnes of Russians,East Germans,Hungarians,Bulgarians,Choyneez Type-56s and if we count desi ones like MRF-91 that were briefly procured then i belive number could easily exceed 5 Lakh in 2020

Source =
View attachment 65916

:facepalm: bruh...That's bullshit!

What makes you think that 6.8x43mm couldn't be used with kalashnikov system ?! Just because AKs available in market aren't coming out chambered in that round ? That's because there isn't much market of 6.8x43mm out there and already AR platform has covered whatever little requirement of 6.8x43mm firearms is out there. Who would bother with creating an AK chambered in it under such scenario.

If you could make an AK in 5.56 NATO, 7.62 NATO,12 gauge slugs (Saiga 12),9mm Parabellum...Heck even in 7.92x57mm Mauser (Zastava M76) or 5.56x30mm MINSAS (Amogh,JVPC in hand), you can very well create an AK in 6.8x43mm, it just hasn't been done on big scale yet.
Saiga 12 is next level shortgun tho!!! I was literally on cloudnine when I saw a fully automatic 12gauge shortgun!!! Probably, this is the future of shortgun with no pump action involved!!

Killbot

Country flag
Saiga 12 is next level shortgun tho!!! I was literally on cloudnine when I saw a fully automatic 12gauge shortgun!!! Probably, this is the future of shortgun with no pump action involved!!
Except no one cares about shotguns..

Country flag

53 Rashtriya Rifles (RR)-PUNJAB Regt. during Srinagar Encounter 1 NOV 2020
Brugger & Thomet MP9 Machine Pistol (9x19mm) with Zeiss RSA-S Red Dot Sight & Suppressor
Just a question, with the mag pouches closed don't the soldiers find it difficult to reload in CQB, or the pouches are kept open when entering a room?

Killbot

Country flag
Just a question, with the mag pouches closed don't the soldiers find it difficult to reload in CQB, or the pouches are kept open when entering a room?
You don't reload when you have entered a room and have a hostile in front of you. You make sure that the rifle is fully loaded before entering the house/building. And you reload only when you are out of danger. Most room intervention ops don't take more than 10-15 rounds total. If you do run out of ammo or have a malfunction, then you immediately transition to your sidearm. And you always have a buddy watching your back. That is why Ghataks/ QRT members have been spotted with sidearm recently.

But, you do have a point, the covered pouches can be replaced with tight ones.. Until then, the covering is meant to make sure mags don't fall off.

Killbot

Country flag
Russian Shtorm Aircraft carrier, it was offered to us and it costs ~5.5 Billion dollars.
View attachment 66078

Why are we wasting time on Vishal which is not even on drawing board and will not become a reality before 2040 if it gets support.
Its stobar. And russkies quoted 900 million for Vicky and took 4 billion. That was second hand. They'll fuck us over big time like FGFA for this. And they don't have money for shtorm either. Same story as FGFA. Not gonna materialize in the near future.

Dude this is infantry thread...

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Its stobar. And russkies quoted 900 million for Vicky and took 4 billion. That was second hand. They'll fuck us over big time like FGFA for this. And they don't have money for shtorm either. Same story as FGFA. Not gonna materialize in the near future.

Dude this is infantry thread...
No its EMALS.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yeah, you're right. But still, dealing with Russians when they've got a track record for not delivering in projects like this is a no brainer..
No FGFA problem was lack of tech sharing etc, I am saying that let them make it and then buy its design from them instead. Coz it will cost less than designing from scratch.

Killbot

Country flag
No FGFA problem was lack of tech sharing etc, I am saying that let them make it and then buy its design from them instead. Coz it will cost less than designing from scratch.
They won't share the design. Least of all for 5.5 billion...

If it were that easy, they'd just give us blueprints for borei class or akula class subs.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
They won't share the design. Least of all for 5.5 billion...

If it were that easy, they'd just give us blueprints for borei class or akula class subs.
Our Defence budget and MoD are a joke.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Cochin Shipyard Ltd. and Navy design bureau have gained sufficient experience from the IAC-1 project. We are not in a state like we were in 2004, when Kiev class Aircraft carrying cruiser a. k. a INS Vikramaditya was ordered.
I think rather than jumping to INS Viraat directly (which is a complete new design) Navy should go for 1-2 slightly scaled up versions of IAC-1 class ships. CSL has said that with the experience gained, it can build similar class ships in 5 years, with greater indegeneous content.
Also EMALs, will take time to develop and is still not a matured technology. Also, in its current state it's power requirement can only be fullfiled by a nuclear reactor. Hence, it is not feasible to put it in a design of conventional 65k tons carrier. Rather it is suitable for nuclear power carriers with 90-100k tons.
In present, the main problem is that it will take another decade to develop tedbf, which will going to be the mainstray of our carrier fleet.

Articles