Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

RedHood108

Country flag
Bloody what is this nonsense going on in western command?

Which joker is still making our jawans do these bloody ditch cum bund charges human wave assault style in 20 bloody 23? Sure this worked in 1965 but in 2023 there are far more weapons and tech in 2023.

Sale PLA type army who is making I need to know. I don’t think you understand how bad this is. They are literally sending our jawans to their death View attachment 219758
Source of this image ?

RedHood108

Country flag
Yes.

@abingdonboy @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @rkhanna and all other respected members.

Forget Kargil war. What has changed since 1991? 1991 troops seem to have similar levels of equipment as frontline troops in Indias western command.
In the last 9 years the order booklet for Ballistic Helmets & BPJ hasn't gone beyond the mark of 2 lakhs.

And we have 7 lakh active personel. So it makes sense that the rest of 5 lakh personal will be equiped like 1990s.

We must make severe down sizing of our army to be able to equip every one of them appropriately. Or Raise the budget atleast to the level of China, considering the size of our Army.

IDK the Agniveer program was launched recently to tackle this very issue.

Last edited:

Kumaoni

In the last 9 years the order booklet for Ballistic Helmets & BPJ hasn't gone beyond the mark of 2 lakhs.

And we have 7 lakh active personel. So it makes sense that the rest of 5 lakh personal will be equiped like 1990s.

We must make severe down sizing of our army to be able to equip every one of them appropriately. Or Raise the budget atleast to the level of China, considering the size of our Army.

Reducing size won’t do anything.

MoD and COAS need to get priorities right

RedHood108

Country flag
Reducing size won’t do anything.

MoD and COAS need to get priorities right
I think the MoD & COAS is more conserned with replacing the 41% vintage equipment in our Military Arsenal as of now. Which they wanna completely replace by 2030.

So the modernization of PPE of non-frontline troops seems to have taken a back seat. Not an indeal situation at all.

But I do believe the Army always does a threat analysis along its borders to determine the modernization of which sector needs to be prioritised.

We do have the CARTOSAT & EOS satellites in space to keep a constant watch on these borders. So we shouldn't be caught in a surprise & unprepared like in 1991.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

if procurement of BPJs is taken up for the entire force now, they will end up buying this.
this is the approved GSQR 1438, which is result of process that started in 2009.

1693025218991.png

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Wow a grande launcher & Ak-47 attached to the drone. Would be interesting to watch them in action in Kashmir valley.

View attachment 219896
~~crowd control~~ if modified , in the future i can see bots being used as breaching spongebags , angle the shit out of it for richochet and that's one down terrorist

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Wow a grande launcher & Ak-47 attached to the drone. Would be interesting to see them in action in Kashmir valley.

View attachment 219896
Does it have FLIR

Also what is the payload attached to it in a wire, is it to hook it in place or it takes off with it and drops it elsewhere

Kumaoni

I think the MoD & COAS is more conserned with replacing the 41% vintage equipment in our Military Arsenal as of now. Which they wanna completely replace by 2030.

So the modernization of PPE of non-frontline troops seems to have taken a back seat. Not an indeal situation at all.

But I do believe the Army always does a threat analysis along its borders to determine the modernization of which sector needs to be prioritised.

We do have the CARTOSAT & EOS satellites in space to keep a constant watch on these borders. So we shouldn't be caught in a surprise & unprepared like in 1991.
Modernization of frontline troops only in northern command has taken place and eastern command too but a bit slower.

Look at western command and you’ll see

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles