Michelle Obama snubs stylish Chinese first lady

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Give desperately your heart some solace by convincing yourself that Chinese lost face!

The Indians love to circumvent reality with all sorts of ploy but you appear not to have expertise par excellence.

You need to try harder.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks for copying my sentences.

Indeed the Chinese prove they are the best copycats! ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Peng was so upset she boycotted the whole thing actually, look:

Look at her... Just drowning in her shame... Pop a champagne bottle Ray!! I don't know whether to laugh at or pity you trying to mock a woman who has achieved so much more than you have. Michelle makes time for you over her daughters yes?
Surely she could not appear to be constipated.

It would have given greater grist to the mill of the western media.

You might find that family matters take precedence over national matters, but when you or your husband is in public office, your duty to the Nation comes first.

Hillary Clinton exhausted herself for her Nation and then left the Secretary of State post.

She could have taken time out and rested while she was ther Secretary, but she did not, since her Nation's call was greater than her own!

That is what makes a great statesman and a patriot!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Its so sad watching you grasping at straws to unearth anything anti-Chinese you can, even a first lady not showing for an international summit.

Fine Ray, China has been dealt a massive blow and we're all on our knees in shame because Michelle didn't come to greet our first lady. Every person of Chinese descent on earth is devastated and embarrassed. Happy now? Do you want a party to celebrate?

I can't believe I have to tell a pensioner to grow up and focus his discussions on something that matters more than etiquette, like poor Chinese kids, that always makes you giddy right?

Jeeez! The inferiority complex on some people...
Try as you might to cover up with the Chinese style of pious platitudes and mealy mouthed homilies, still it was a tight slap across your face.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Thanks for copying my sentences.

Indeed the Chinese prove they are the best copycats! ;)
I expect this kind of response from an Indian, so typical!

I am an English learner, imitation is one of best way of language learning.

My point has been made clear with a little modification to your original sentence, why bother starting a new one?

nimo_cn

Country flag
Surely she could not appear to be constipated.

It would have given greater grist to the mill of the western media.

You might find that family matters take precedence over national matters, but when you or your husband is in public office, your duty to the Nation comes first.

Hillary Clinton exhausted herself for her Nation and then left the Secretary of State post.

She could have taken time out and rested while she was ther Secretary, but she did not, since her Nation's call was greater than her own!

That is what makes a great statesman and a patriot!
Yes, she should appear.

Another thing you should note is that if we care that she didnt appear.

The truth is we dont care.

Peng politely and gracefully shook hands with president Obama even as Michelle wasn't there.

If people insist Michelle's absence to be a tight slap on our face, then I must say sorry because we didnt feel it.

Please slap harder next time and say it aloud "hey, this is a tight slap on your face", while you are doing it, just in case we fail to feel it and it take you a lot of efforts to enlighten us on what just happened.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I expect this kind of response from an Indian, so typical!

I am an English learner, imitation is one of best way of language learning.

My point has been made clear with a little modification to your original sentence, why bother starting a new one?

Typical Chinese.

Get caught. Give excuses! ;)

Unlike Chinese, you are surprisingly lazy!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, she should appear.

Another thing you should note is that if we care that she didnt appear.

The truth is we dont care.

Peng politely and gracefully shook hands with president Obama even as Michelle wasn't there.

If people insist Michelle's absence to be a tight slap on our face, then I must say sorry because we didnt feel it.

Please slap harder next time and say it aloud "hey, this is a tight slap on your face", while you are doing it, just in case we fail to feel it and it take you a lot of efforts to enlighten us on what just happened.

Oh sure you care.

]Mrs Obama should have made an appearance or she should have given a better reason for not being there.

Next, some first lady will say that she could not come because she was helping her child with homework!

Statecraft is an important issue and one cannot treat it as one terrific lark!

If she can occupy the White House, travel by Air Force One with her husband, then she must also fulfil the obligation of the honour given to them to lead their country.

Remember, there is the Office of the First Lady with a full Staff, all paid by the US taxpayers, so that she can meet her official as alo her ceremonial obligations!

If she does not appear, then the world will take it as being deliberate with some covert message being sent!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
From the moment her husband becomes president, a first lady's life is changed. She becomes a public figure—a celebrity, whose face is seen in every magazine and newspaper and on every television screen.She becomes the country's official hostess, the person who welcomes the rulers of many nations to the United States in the name of the American people. Her personal life has to take second place to her responsibilities as first lady.

Presidents, Vice-Presidents, and First Ladies | Scholastic.com

nimo_cn

Country flag
Oh sure you care.

]Mrs Obama should have made an appearance or she should have given a better reason for not being there.

Next, some first lady will say that she could not come because she was helping her child with homework!

Statecraft is an important issue and one cannot treat it as one terrific lark!

If she can occupy the White House, travel by Air Force One with her husband, then she must also fulfil the obligation of the honour given to them to lead their country.

Remember, there is the Office of the First Lady with a full Staff, all paid by the US taxpayers, so that she can meet her official as alo her ceremonial obligations!

If she does not appear, then the world will take it as being deliberate with some covert message being sent!
You care, we dont.

We dont take it as being deliberate with some covert message being sent, you do.

Do you know there is a Chinese saying for people like you, edited , this time i am not gonna translate it for you.

Edited since it surely could not have been anything that a decent Chinese from an acceptably decent family would write !

Last edited by a moderator:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Typical Chinese.

Get caught. Give excuses! ;)

Unlike Chinese, you are surprisingly lazy!
This not an excuse, imitation is a good way to learn language.

I am not ashamed of learning from an Indian, Conficius once said that we should learn from people around us in spite of their backgrounds, even if they mocked your way of learning.

Yes, I copied your sentences, but I made some modifications to the original words and turned them into different meanings.

nimo_cn

Country flag
From the moment her husband becomes president, a first lady's life is changed. She becomes a public figure—a celebrity, whose face is seen in every magazine and newspaper and on every television screen.She becomes the country's official hostess, the person who welcomes the rulers of many nations to the United States in the name of the American people. Her personal life has to take second place to her responsibilities as first lady.

Presidents, Vice-Presidents, and First Ladies | Scholastic.com
I agree that it accords to diplomatic manner that Michelle should appear.

But the key point here is Peng didnt care that Michelle didnt appear.

It's you who believes that Chinese were humiliated.

OK, maybe we were humiliated, but sorry we dont feel it, do you have a problem with us not being sensitive as you guys?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I agree that it accords to diplomatic manner that Michelle should appear.

But the key point here is Peng didnt care that Michelle didnt appear.

It's you who believes that Chinese were humiliated.

OK, maybe we were humiliated, but sorry we dont feel it, do you have a problem with us not being sensitive as you guys?

Not me alone.

The world feels Chinese have been snubbed.- that is what the international headlines read!

As far as Peng's or Xi's emotions are concerned, it is very difficult to read a Chinese face and its expression since it appears all the time to foreigners to be the same!

I could explain the reasons why it is difficult, but then some may take it to be rude.

Whatever, I find Mrs Obama's 'no show' as a diplomatic breach!

I take it that this was a planned visit and not an impromptu show up.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
Not me alone.

The world feels Chinese have been snubbed.- that is what the international headlines read!

As far as Peng's or Xi's emotions are concerned, it is very difficult to read a Chinese face and its expression since it appears all the time to foreigners to be the same!

I could explain the reasons why it is difficult, but then some may take it to be rude.

Whatever, I find Mrs Obama's 'no show' as a diplomatic breach!

I take it that this was a planned visit and not an impromptu show up.
Yes, the world feel that we have been snubbed, not we feel that we have been snubbed.

Still, if China were snubbed not is not key point, the point is if China lost face.

You might snub me, but it does not necessarily mean i lose face. It is like you might attack me, but it does not necessarily mean i lose the game, i could very likely withstand your attack.

You cant read the emotions, then dont presume, losing face is about emotions.

The visit was planned, so was Michelle's absence, all details should be set before the visit, that is common sense, one does not need to speculate about that.

It is funny that all the world are pitying Chinese for being snubbed by Michelle while we Chinese dont know about it.

We must pick up some sensitivity from the Indians just to avoid contempt of this kind. Peng should have boycotted the meeting, too bad that they didnt hire Indians as their consultants.

bose

Country flag
Yes, the world feel that we have been snubbed, not we feel that we have been snubbed.

Still, if China were snubbed not is not key point, the point is if China lost face.

You might snub me, but it does not necessarily mean i lose face. It is like you might attack me, but it does not necessarily mean i lose the game, i could very likely withstand your attack.

The visit was planned, so was Michelle's absence, all details should be set before the visit, that is common sense, one does not need to speculate about that.

It is funny that all the world are pitying Chinese for being snubbed by Michelle while we Chinese dont know about it.

We must pick up some sensitivity from the Indians just to avoid contempt of this kind. Peng should have boycotted the meeting, too bad that they didnt hire Indians as their consultants.

Always listen to Indian wisdom!!

I am not here to score points, but the way the whole thing [Mrs Obama's cold shoulder to put it in a descent words] was played out, to me from neutral angle is quite strange and a serious matter to think about, at least I have never seen such thing happening in very recent times.

Is there a message to China?? What it may be?? Or may be not!!

TrueSpirit

Poor @nimo_cn, do not take it to heart. Don't feel like getting cornered or that someone is out to get you. I say this, because I saw your not-so-polite remark in one of your posts. It is just that, the diplomatic snub delivered to the Chinese Head-of-state is being discussed by global media. Hence, this thread.

But keeping things at a civilized level would help.:thumb:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Good that China can take it on the chin and feel they are on top of the world!

Impluseblade

President Xi was invited to an prestigious garden and was able to communicate with Mr. Obama in an informal but more sincere way. On the other hand, none of the other Asia countries got similar invites as I can recall. I think the message to the world is strong enough.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
President Xi was invited to an prestigious garden and was able to communicate with Mr. Obama in an informal but more sincere way. On the other hand, none of the other Asia countries got similar invites as I can recall. I think the message to the world is strong enough.
Must be some garden indeed!

Leading up the garden path , so to say!

Any links?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

You forget an important thing.

You and I are not world leaders and none would care what happens between us!

Snub, glub, or hubbub!

It is not Man bite Dog!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles