Michelle Obama snubs stylish Chinese first lady

t_co

so mrs. Peng Liyuan was literally humiliated by Michelle Obama:rofl:!heck nowadays it has become almost a norm for every tom,dick and harry to humiliate and insult high level chini dignitaries:lol:
You must have missed the part where the Indian FM said he would like to live in Beijing. :lol:

nimo_cn

Country flag
If it was decided earlier that they will not meet, then why all this lament and song and dance.

Then where is you cause to regret that it did not happen and looking forward to something that will never happen.

Do you look forward to the Sun rising from the West?

Whether Pong was told ot not is not in the open forum. So, it is your way to see to it that you and China do not lose face.

This has been a rude slap on China's face.

What humbug that Mrs Obama had to celebrate the birthday of her daughter and so she was not there.

Are you suggesting that birthdays are more important than fostering friendly ties with other nations and that too with such a Nation, that at the drop of a hat, loses face and takes everything to be done against it?

What tommyrot!

It is a tight slap and no less across China's face, like it or not!
I am just an ordinary person, neither of Chinese and American officials were gonna inform me about their agenda. Everyone should expect Michelle would be there, that is totally understandable.

However, Michelle's absence should not be a surprise to Peng, I believe every detail of meeting would be worked out together by officials from both sides, including Michelle' absence, which turned out to be a big deal and must be covered.

Despite knowing Michelle wouldnt be there before the meeting, Peng proceed with the journey anyway, meanig at least from Peng's perspective, whether Michelle was there or not is not an issue.

If Peng took that so lightly, where is the face to be lost? If there was anyone's face that was lost, I think it should be Michelle, because people could presume that she avoid the meeting because she was intimidated that Peng would steal her thunder.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

mikhail

Country flag
I see you have moved from President Hu's house to Xi's House. What a loyal servant!
yes indeed i am a loyal servant of His Highness Xi but the truth is i am just lying low these days waiting for the right opportunity,so when the time comes i'll be the one to shove a chini bamboo into his a**:rofl::lol:

Reactions: WMD

mikhail

Country flag
You must have missed the part where the Indian FM said he would like to live in Beijing. :lol:
well if he has said this then it's good for him,for we all know that he won't return as the F.M. post 2014 election!so when you give assylum to him its my request to grant the same to the entire UPA leadership:wave:

t_co

yes indeed i am a loyal servant of His Highness Xi but the truth is i am just lying low these days waiting for the right opportunity,so when the time comes i'll be the one to shove a chini bamboo into his a**:rofl::lol:
Racism and sodomy threats. We're on a roll today!

Reactions: WMD

t_co

well if he has said this then it's good for him,for we all know that he won't return as the F.M. post 2014 election!so when you give assylum to him its my request to grant the same to the entire UPA leadership:wave:
Sure, he won't return as the FM - he might become the defense minister instead. Careful what you wish for :lol:

mikhail

Country flag
Sure, he won't return as the FM - he might become the defense minister instead. Careful what you wish for :lol:
ahh don't you worry about that dear,as we have Narendra Modi to take care of him and his likes:wave:

t_co

ahh don't you worry about that dear,as we have Narendra Modi to take care of him and his likes:wave:
That's assuming Narendra Modi gets elected. You overestimate his chances. Remember that most people vote for the BJP or UPA, not the PM candidate.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am just an ordinary person, neither of Chinese and American officials were gonna inform me about their agenda. Everyone should expect Michelle would be there, that is totally understandable.

However, Michelle's absence should not be a surprise to Peng, I believe every detail of meeting would be worked out together by officials from both sides, including Michelle' absence, which turned out to be a big deal and must be covered.

Despite knowing Michelle wouldnt be there before the meeting, Peng proceed with the journey anyway, meanig at least from Peng's perspective, whether Michelle was there or not is not an issue.

If Peng took that so lightly, where is the face to be lost? If there was anyone's face that was lost, I think it should be Michelle, because people could presume that she avoid the meeting because she was intimidated that Peng would steal her thunder.

I was not present at the Summit and so I would not know of the actual reaction.

I am going by international media reports.

Mrs Obama should have been there and being 'with the children' sure gives a very negative impression, especially since this was an important parley as the difference and chasm in approach to international issues of the USA and China has become a serious issue.

Any negative vibe does not indicate that there is seriousness to resolve issues.

Mrs Obama giving priority of 'being with her children' and not just going for a short while at least to receive and shake hands with the Chinese dignitaries does give a very negative vibe.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Has he said so?

Is that an indicator of the results of the 2014 elections?

A very negative impression, if indeed he has said so, for the Congress to march into 2014.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That's assuming Narendra Modi gets elected. You overestimate his chances. Remember that most people vote for the BJP or UPA, not the PM candidate.
Indian elections are a tricky affair and till the votes are in, none can tell!

bose

Country flag
The Indian FM must be sarcastic in his comments... no wonder who wants to live in a polluted city...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, some western medias say that China has lost face and it was a tight slap. I reall don't think Chinese public would see this as a kind of big deal. If you check last time President Hu visited US, you will find out that his wife was not there. Honestly, I don't think it is a big deal. In Chinese tradition, in the meeting of leaders, their wives shouldn't be there.
It appears you have not read the media reports.

Chinese leaders wives never appear in public.

Do educate if indeed they ever did.

It is for the first time that the Chinese President's wife is coming out 'from the cold', so to say! China is changing a leaf and trying to emulate the western ways.

Therefore, it sure is a big deal for the Chinese leadership and the Chinese people, no matter what you say!

That is funny. What she should wear when she is singing a song regarding Tibetan?
And how could she pretends to be a tibetan, when her name is a Han's name?
Funny indeed.

Chinese Communists are good at doing funny things!

The song is equally funny - PLA liberating Tibet!

You must hate Chinese very much.
I hate deceit, but it Chinese, Western or Indian and that is about all.

The Chinese people are nice people, especially the rural folks, and I say that with my experience with the real Chinese people that I have met when going around the world.

nimo_cn

Country flag
I was not present at the Summit and so I would not know of the actual reaction.

I am going by international media reports.

Mrs Obama should have been there and being 'with the children' sure gives a very negative impression, especially since this was an important parley as the difference and chasm in approach to international issues of the USA and China has become a serious issue.

Any negative vibe does not indicate that there is seriousness to resolve issues.

Mrs Obama giving priority of 'being with her children' and not just going for a short while at least to receive and shake hands with the Chinese dignitaries does give a very negative vibe.
Lose face is a Chinese term, right? It seems you are learning it in a incorrect way. You cant decide if other lose face, only themselves can.

It accords to diplomatic manner for Michelle to show up, that is certainly true. But just because American first lady failed to follow the rules, does not mean we Chinese lost face. Because it is apparent that Xi and Peng had no problem with Michelle's absence and didnt take it as a big deal. As much as you guys wish to make a big fuss over it, Peng dont care.

Therefore, no face was lost for Peng.

Even if Michelle's absence wasn't the original plan as you might argue, the American spokeman disclosed that detail before Xi went to America. At that point, if Peng felt betrayed, she could mostly avoid the meeting. It is not that she had no choice, in fact she certainly had. Xi and Peng's only daughter is now studying in Harvard, Peng could have visited her daughter just like Michelle. But she didnt, it speaks volume of Peng's attitude toward Michelle's absence.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Chinese are bunch of self ego inflating people, who with new earned wealth think they are now first among equals.

Their standing in world order is just of a minion who can only bully neighbors with zero intellectual Ideology; they can not endorse or make it appeal to anyone.

They can have all the money in the world but they will remain deprived of any respect a nation would deserve.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Lose face is a Chinese term, right? It seems you are learning it in a incorrect way. You cant decide if other lose face, only themselves can.

It accords to diplomatic manner for Michelle to show up, that is certainly true. But just because American first lady failed to follow the rules, does not mean we Chinese lost face. Because it is apparent that Xi and Peng had no problem with Michelle's absence and didnt take it as a big deal. As much as you guys wish to make a big fuss over it, Peng dont care.

Therefore, no face was lost for Peng.

Even if Michelle's absence wasn't the original plan as you might argue, the American spokeman disclosed that detail before Xi went to America. At that point, if Peng felt betrayed, she could mostly avoid the meeting. It is not that she had no choice, in fact she certainly had. Xi and Peng's only daughter is now studying in Harvard, Peng could have visited her daughter just like Michelle. But she didnt, it speaks volume of Peng's attitude toward Michelle's absence.

Give desperately your heart some solace by convincing yourself not to lose face!

The Chinese love to circumvent reality with all sorts of ploy and you appear to have expertise par excellence!

nimo_cn

Country flag
Give desperately your heart some solace by convincing yourself not to lose face!

The Chinese love to circumvent reality with all sorts of ploy and you appear to have expertise par excellence!
Give desperately your heart some solace by convincing yourself that Chinese lost face!

The Indians love to circumvent reality with all sorts of ploy but you appear not to have expertise par excellence.

You need to try harder.

J20!

Country flag

Its so sad watching you grasping at straws to unearth anything anti-Chinese you can, even a first lady not showing for an international summit.

Fine Ray, China has been dealt a massive blow and we're all on our knees in shame because Michelle didn't come to greet our first lady. Every person of Chinese descent on earth is devastated and embarrassed. Happy now? Do you want a party to celebrate?

I can't believe I have to tell a pensioner to grow up and focus his discussions on something that matters more than etiquette, like poor Chinese kids, that always makes you giddy right?

Jeeez! The inferiority complex on some people...

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
Peng was so upset she boycotted the whole thing actually, look:

Look at her... Just drowning in her shame... Pop a champagne bottle Ray!! I don't know whether to laugh at or pity you trying to mock a woman who has achieved so much more than you have. Michelle makes time for you over her daughters yes?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles