Manga/Anime Thread

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Let's just point out something about Attack on Titan.

The hero of this anime, Eren, is perhaps the most frightening Protagonist I have ever seen.
As a civilization you really wish you had someone like him fighting for you.
Love Eren but Hackseyama destroyed his character and destroyed the whole Eldian Cause.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Love Eren but Hackseyama destroyed his character and destroyed the whole Eldian Cause.
I think he had more character now in season 4 than any other earlier seasons .earlier eren was just not a good protaganist in my opinion now in season 4 you could sympathise with him as victim ,hate him as a villain and see him as a hero and eldia never had any cause that was noble they were murderers and butchers who used the titans just like marley did .eren just wants his friends to survive and he is willing to throw the entire world for it.season 4 eren to me is favourite

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
This dude drew his own illustrations for novel part of Mushoku Tensei and made into two MMVs:-
Turning Point 4 and the Orsted vs Eris rematch.

And its very good. The illustrations are so good, I wish the actual manga had this quality. CC for subtitles.

And then there is this dude making a meme out of that sad incident during Turning Point 4:-

______________________________________________________________________________________

It was all still OK till the penultimate manga chapter, and then that Eren X Mikasa thing happened and it threw me off hard. I don't even consider that last manga chapter to be canon anymore. Its easier imagining that the series was axed and Eren took his reasons to the grave. Maybe I was expecting Eren's reasons to be a bit more than they were, especially given how he has behaved since Marley arc. It looked like there was something only he could see.

Its also said that Isayama was made to change the ending. Wonder what the original ending was.

I think he had more character now in season 4 than any other earlier seasons .earlier eren was just not a good protaganist in my opinion now in season 4 you could sympathise with him as victim ,hate him as a villain and see him as a hero and eldia never had any cause that was noble they were murderers and butchers who used the titans just like marley did .eren just wants his friends to survive and he is willing to throw the entire world for it.season 4 eren to me is favourite
Season 4 Eren was amazing. Then he got trashed in the last manga chapter.

magic , action , fantasy
Fate Series
Berserk
Mushoku Tensei
Shin Sekai Yori

Or you could go with long series like Bleach or Naruto.

There are some series like HunterXHunter, Noragami and Jujitsu Kaisen that fit the bill but I haven't been able to watch them yet, so, can't really reccommend them.

Fire force , darker than black , blue exorcist
I've seen Darker than Black, but already forgot most of it. I do remember Amber and her absolutely OP ability tho.

Last edited:

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
This dude drew his own illustrations for novel part of Mushoku Tensei and made into two MMVs:-
Turning Point 4 and the Orsted vs Eris rematch.

And its very good. The illustrations are so good, I wish the actual manga had this quality. CC for subtitles.

This dude had deleted his first video, but someone reuploaded it. Thank God.

Rudeus vs Dragon God Orsted Rematch:-

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
4/10
Very dim colors, even for the setting it's too dim.
Very unimpactful first episode.
Fuck Mappa they ruined 3 anime in total.
Let's hope next episodes they don't fuck up. Chainsaw man has one hell of a wild story

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Talking about animation have we ever produced anything above Chotta Bheem and Legend of Hanuman animation wise?
I think our Artists can really upscale the derails and character design if we put in a little more effort.
Many Indian inbetween artists already work for Mappa.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Talking about animation have we ever produced anything above Chotta Bheem and Legend of Hanuman animation wise?
I think our Artists can really upscale the derails and character design if we put in a little more effort.
more than hardworking artists (workforce) we need good imaginative and well informed art producers-directors to start with that aren't afraid to take risk and challenges...same also applies to video game productions.

also, all these requires two things, ;hardware and resources; and ;capital=paisaa; - we happen to have the later one but due to gormint chutiyappa with imports those stuff like graphics tablet, graphics card, powerful pc stuff etc all is heavily taxed as they consider it all LUXURY 😒 (and lol best of luck getting domestic stuff) and then we wonder how come we never produce someting as impactful as even some japanese 80s era anime work...

and it doesn't just affect manga/anime works; i mean most of modern research work involving machine learning, ai etc requires powerful GPU and most of our univershitties aren't even equipped with PCs using 2013's era graphics card or so... 😒 then our goys wonder how come we are not doing as well in certain tech stuff as let's say choyna

Japan heavily understands importance of art, gaming productions etc and reason they continuously use various 'icons' from there to promote tourism and export of manga-anime etc - heck Shinzo Abe himself used Mario to promote Tokyo Olympics 2020 during closing ceremony of 2016 Rio Olympics; an example...

Choyna albeit heavily suppresses manga-anime-games that aren't toeing CCP's lines; at same time promotes it outside, Genshin Impact is prime example

we all know case with Hollywood and games from the west...

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
more than hardworking artists (workforce) we need good imaginative and well informed art producers-directors to start with that aren't afraid to take risk and challenges...same also applies to video game productions.

also, all these requires two things, ;hardware and resources; and ;capital=paisaa; - we happen to have the later one but due to gormint chutiyappa with imports those stuff like graphics tablet, graphics card, powerful pc stuff etc all is heavily taxed as they consider it all LUXURY 😒 (and lol best of luck getting domestic stuff) and then we wonder how come we never produce someting as impactful as even some japanese 80s era anime work...

and it doesn't just affect manga/anime works; i mean most of modern research work involving machine learning, ai etc requires powerful GPU and most of our univershitties aren't even equipped with PCs using 2013's era graphics card or so... 😒 then our goys wonder how come we are not doing as well in certain tech stuff as let's say choyna
My fella question would i be held by Customs If it bring one or two Graphics card from foren?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
My fella question would i be held by Customs If it bring one or two Graphics card from foren?
very likely, you might have to pass it through customs and they'll ask dem dutiez and other taxes and only allow it after all those stuffs are paid-formalities are done etc (also some malaai in some cases)

but again customs are different for different stuff even under same category (due to origin of maal and all those joint agreements done etc whatever), you might want to ring some import-export men to get through the gist

itsme

Country flag
Anyone seen this anime called Kingdom? Historical detailed battles regarding Chinese unification war (i think that's what it was called). Very good Anime.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Lack of funding imagination and Innovation many Indians just wanna work in a foreign company instead of making something original

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
although it's very first episode and story overall is usual moe trash (herbivore=usual aloof anti-social male lead, tsundere = angry-outside-soft-inside female lead) of ;faux; married life "course" whatever in da skoolz etc,
i'd suggest at least give a bit to this anime (manga also exists, likewise i haven't read it) called
More Than a Married Couple, But Not Lovers // Fūfu Ijō, Koibito Miman
1665591295306.png

(what a silly name and premise lol)
i'm saying this because visuals animations muzek etc is top notch in it, and i came to know it's being made (contracted, in pure dhandho terms) by some small studio of barely 10 some people who're pouring their hearts in it, it seems.

^this also reminded me of very recent Shikimori is not just a cutie // Kawai Da Ke Ja Nai Shikimori-San, i mean basic premise is same, looser male lead + fancy seggsy female lead...but there both were already in relationship and story mostly revolved around their school life...animation etc was good initially but then they got stuck somewhere and started delivering meh after meh and delays and what not...eventually people just moved on with better stuff (sales of manga dropped plus viewership of anime also)

another visually pleasing such anime was Akebi's Sailor Uniform // Akebi-San no Serafuku (though be advised it also has tonnes of subtle lolita chhap innuendo in it. also potential lesbian love interest between two main female ;friends;), story was again silly slice of life
1665592479096.png

plot being, Komichi Akebi worked hard to pass exams to get selected in a private girls' only academy which her mother too attended, but her prime motivating factor was actually, lol, ;to wear Serafuku; - Sailor's Uniform (those japani style of girl's uniform involving sleeved shirt + collar + bow + pleated skirt etc) {in Japan it was a thing that a mother would sew her daughter these sort of uniforms etc, basic family bonding stuff} ... and she did get selected there as well but on opening ceremoy came to know that their uniform had already been changed many times ago and she was only one who was wearing SeraFuku... but she was allowed to do so and quickly becomes attraction due to that, and also due to her good nature and open heart

finally, not visually pleasing as these two, but animation wise it was damn good for its genre, they did extra care in preserving the ;feel; that one would get in the manga while doing proper justice to anime adaptations with visuals-animations-bgm etc...i am talking about Uncle from Another World // Isekai Ojisan
1665592103048.png

premise being a 17-some boy, obsessed with video gaming in early 2000s era of Japan, met with an unfortunate fate of accident and slipped into Coma, while his ;conscious; (?) got transferred to a certain gaming world, and as time passed he grew up as a middle aged ;Ojisan; after spending 17 some years in Comatose//Another World, now aged 34 some, suddently comes back to current life - finds out nobody in the family wants to keep him after suffering so much financial woes and other mental agony behind taking care of him for all these years, and a certain nephew of him was only there to pick him up, so he started living with him,
but he still had his ;powers; of using magic and stuff from ;Another World; and uses it for their benefits, as well as recites his tales-experiences of ;Another World; to his nephew and his friend (love interest?) from neighbourhood etc...
sadly, Netflix hired some small team of animators and they seem to be struggling a lot with keeping with release schedule, or just not wiling to cut corners, they often delay episodes citing 'Covid-19' reasons but hard to believe at this stage
still highly recommended just for overall setup

Last edited:

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
something old but ever young,
the damn series that popularised so many things, like the genre ;Slice of Life; and the very word waifu itself,
Azumanga Daioh
1665593126553.png

it is a very lightweight anime showing school life of these poster girls and so, but is full of comic tropes and memorable moments

another such series, though requires some context of japanese culture and stuff, was
Rakugo Girls // Joshiraku
1665593385202.png

imma not gonna explain plot here, just watch it
some of you might have seen ending song on meme sites 😏

InfinityWarrior Thanos

Country flag
something old but ever young,
the damn series that popularised so many things, like the genre ;Slice of Life; and the very word waifu itself,
Azumanga Daioh
View attachment 175760
it is a very lightweight anime showing school life of these poster girls and so, but is full of comic tropes and memorable moments

another such series, though requires some context of japanese culture and stuff, was
Rakugo Girls // Joshiraku
View attachment 175761
imma not gonna explain plot here, just watch it
some of you might have seen ending song on meme sites 😏
Add Nichijou to the list , Shoujo comedy slice of Life. It also requires some context from Japanese culture.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles