Manga/Anime Thread

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
How popular is anime in India? I feel that it will be difficult for anime to become popular in India in terms of cultural and social aspects. Do you have any opinions?
We have only good opinions.
My childhood was filled with kochikame , Doraemon , shinchan , perman , hagemaru
Now I watch azumnaga daioh and nichijou ( some times ) watched few clips of asobe asobase and also watched the anime Beelzebub all of these on YouTube.

vin bharat mahan

Kumaoni, Uttarakhand
Country flag
can anyone tell why in japanese, korean nd chinese manga/comics etc...their characters dont look like east asian. although they r telling stories of their country. yet i read many anime, where characters appearance r not native. i can say korean case is different, coz many korean "wannabe american", so they r influenced by them. but japan dont idolize west, may be little bit. yet they dont portrait themself (japanese look) many times. yes chinese some times feature chinese looking character.
korean manhwa mostly include some american character...nd show how can their main character easily fucks them. even they show american, more than north korean. looks like inferiority syndrome to me😂😝.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
can anyone tell why in japanese, korean nd chinese manga/comics etc...their characters dont look like east asian. although they r telling stories of their country. yet i read many anime, where characters appearance r not native. i can say korean case is different, coz many korean "wannabe american", so they r influenced by them. but japan dont idolize west, may be little bit. yet they dont portrait themself (japanese look) many times. yes chinese some times feature chinese looking character.
Simple faces are easier to draw and they keep it neutral it's upto us to think what we want and in Japan people idolise having big eyes so that's always something they keep in mind.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
korean manhwa mostly include some american character...nd show how can their main character easily fucks them. even they show american, more than north korean. looks like inferiority syndrome to me😂😝.
because answer is simple
1704815136797.png

1704815165311.png

The Juggernaut

Country flag
that's nice man, but needs more...abs for some NEURON ACTIVATION
View attachment 235721
Getting there. Soon will be able to "activate neuron". I am beginner at it. A long work still there in female anatomy to reach satisfactory level. I will make and update it.

The insane problem I found that Whenever I learn a something new, all my previous learned goes haywire. I have to keep updating and revising basics and there is no end to it. 😢😭😭😭

One thing I learned, "Itna mehnat students padhayi me kare to numbers ki koi kami rahege."

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Japanese Mangal and anime took inspiration from Early Disney so there was a bit of influence that rubbed off.

As for why Japanese character dont look like them there are various reasons.

Some of them.

During the 1990s anime manga industry moved towards cutesy portrayal and that means feline feature.

1704815003501.png

This evolution might have been intentional or unintentional.

Other reason is that the native population of Japan has the same fair skin and brown/black hair and eye so it was very bland, to male it more vibrant they began to add character with unnatural hair and eye colour which thematically have no roots in reality.

So the deviation from representing their own came from a need of fictional immersion since anime were meant to give you a story that takes you far away from the bounds of real world and engage your imagination.

There is possibly another reason, most anime character aren't based on white adults but white children pre pubescent or early teenage children.

Very early on there was book on photography and human imagery that sited by reputed manga authors. The book had image or children (mostly white) and togahsi even traced teenage Leonardo di caprio photo in one of his artwork.
Evidently children faces are very similar to feline face such as big eye, and small forehead with round faces.

Also a Bjorn Anderson is responsible for a girly bisoujo(Man with female feature) characters that became prominent in Manga targted towards women.

1704815939964.png

When he came to Japan peopel lined up to see him.
Such was the influence.

So there's that

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles