Malaysia seeks India's help in search for missing airliner

Ash

Country flag
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Malaysia has sought India's help to locate a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner, India's foreign ministry said on Wednesday, as the search expanded to cover an area stretching from China to the Andaman Sea.

"Malaysia and India are in contact on this since yesterday and contact points are being discussed. These contact points will ascertain what assistance is required and what India can offer," a spokesman at the ministry said.

The spokesman said it had not yet been decided what area India would search in. India has a large military command in its Andaman and Nicobar islands and its navy patrols in the straits of Malacca.

Blackwater

India should offer help at first place on humanitarian grounds

Immanuel

Country flag
Su-30MKI from INS BAAZ and a couple of P-8I should be able to find anything in that area very quickly if indeed the aircraft in anywhere in that region, actually IN is the best equipped force in that entire region to find the aircraft. With P-8I and MKI's the on station time is very good. Wonder what kind of radar cover INS BAAZ?

Ash

Country flag
Su-30MKI from INS BAAZ and a couple of P-8I should be able to find anything in that area very quickly if indeed the aircraft in anywhere in that region, actually IN is the best equipped force in that entire region to find the aircraft. With P-8I and MKI's the on station time is very good. Wonder what kind of radar cover INS BAAZ?
Thats exactly what i was thinking, the P8I would be the best platform to use if the jetliner sank. I wonder if the plane had a soft landing in the water and sank, up until what dept would the pressurized hull remain intack?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Indian Navy does a lot of patrolling in Straits of Malacca.

These water are our responsibility and under our sphere of influence.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Malaysia has sought India's help to locate a missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner, India's foreign ministry said on Wednesday, as the search expanded to cover an area stretching from China to the Andaman Sea.

"Malaysia and India are in contact on this since yesterday and contact points are being discussed. These contact points will ascertain what assistance is required and what India can offer," a spokesman at the ministry said.

The spokesman said it had not yet been decided what area India would search in. India has a large military command in its Andaman and Nicobar islands and its navy patrols in the straits of Malacca.

India should offer help at first place on humanitarian grounds
Indian Navy does a lot of patrolling in Straits of Malacca.

These water are our responsibility and under our sphere of influence.
Gentlemen, 2 points please:-
(1) The first quote above states that there is regular routine patrol by navy ships from the Indian , Malaysian and Indonesian Navies. If so , why did none of them speak up earlier ? FOr the first couple of days all of us including the Vietnamese authorities were concentrating on the SCS area and spending great effort searching the "wrong" area . .... but if those navies' ships had picked up the aircraft in the Malacca Straits area, why did they not "speak up" earlier ? ( Unless of course, all three navies were "sleeping" )

Question is , is there some sort of international withholding of information ? ( Just like one of the Malaysian Govt officials said, "there are things i cant say "

(2) Your statement that the phone calls are being "cut off" ...sorry i dont fully get it . You mean to say the mobile phone of persons who were on board that flight are still active, people are using them to call in to their relatives and then the conversation is cut off ? Would be great to know the source of info, if possible and when was the last phone call made , or are they still continuing ?

(3) The whole thing sounds too fishy to me :- so the inference is probably Extra Terrestrial which to most govt authorities is actually Extra Terrifying - dont let the people know !, and so we get to see all these conflicting reports and belatedly released info ...all part of a BS act to massage the information .

Most grateful for some clarification and opinions .
Thanks and Best Regards, R.
with ref to my original post from another thread, fat lot of good it would do , seeing that for the first 3 days
we were all looking in the SCS area - why didnt I.N., Indonesian and Malaysian Navies: alert us to their radar info of the flight having been actually in Malaca Straits area ?
Conclusions:- (1) they deliberately allowed a wild goose chase in the SCS area
or
(2) all went for Azan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQSVBrjH_4o
or
(3) "higher ups" suppressed information

Which do you prefer ?

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles