Main Battle Tanks and Armour Technology

If Tanks have to evolve, which path they should follow?

• Light Vehicles-Best for mobility

Votes: 25 7.3%
  • Heavy Armour-Can take heavy punishment.

Votes: 57 16.7%
  • Modular Design-Allowing dynamic adaptions.

Votes: 198 58.1%
  • Universal Platform-Best for logistics.

Votes: 61 17.9%

• Total voters

Mikesingh

Country flag
We have been disqualified bro. Both tanks broke down. I was lucky to be there last Sunday when India won. I wouldn't have been able to show my face if I was there in the most recent event.
Disqualified from the entire competition? One tank breaking down, ok, but both frikkin tanks? Damn! This really sucks! :frusty: And these were the latest T-90MS tanks from Russia with the new V-92S2F turbocharged diesel engine, developing 1130 hp, coupled with an automatic transmission! It seems this tank is over-hyped. A 100% failure rate is just not acceptable!!

Last edited:

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
Disqualified from the entire competition? One tank breaking down, ok, but both frikkin tanks? Damn! This really sucks! :frusty: And these were the latest T-90MS tanks from Russia with the new V-92S2F turbocharged diesel engine, developing 1130 hp, coupled with an automatic transmission! It seems this tank is over-hyped. A 100% failure rate is just not acceptable!!
Dude it's not the tank that is overhyped, it's most probably the maintenance crew. I know it's not my in my place to say it, but I hope a few people are court marshalled after this debacle.

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
But our tank crew inside was excellent. When the tank was running well, they were clearly outperforming the Chinese. Watch the video of that event and you will see that we were ahead of everyone else and it seemed like a done deal that India would win. Then the tanks fucking broke down. Both of them.

Mikesingh

Country flag
But our tank crew inside was excellent. When the tank was running well, they were clearly outperforming the Chinese. Watch the video of that event and you will see that we were ahead of everyone else and it seemed like a done deal that India would win. Then the tanks fucking broke down. Both of them.
As you mentioned, the maintenance crew consisting of EME personnel should be put in the block-hole. Seems they had gone on a frikkin picnic to Russia. Jeez!

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
The model of the gun 2A89 is illuminated. It turned out to be 152 mm and with a rather big muzzle brake (Behind it 2A82 from "Armata" and 2A75 from "Octopus").

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag

Akim

Country flag
PT-17 Polish-Ukrainian modernization of the T-72.

square

Strategic Issues
PT-17 Polish-Ukrainian modernization of the T-72.

this could be one of the contender for IA latest requirment for a light tank at easten border agsinst china..

Akim

Country flag
this could be one of the contender for IA latest requirment for a light tank at easten border agsinst china..
No. This is an exhibition in Kielce. Poland has a lot of T-72, but she is a member of NATO. This is only one of the upgrade options to meet the standards.

square

Strategic Issues
Light tanks under 22tons, T-72 is a +40 ton tank ..
22tones....?

IA looking for a tank which can penetrate into mbt environment at very short distance......mbt they want ....not a bmp base ..

105mm gun.....1000hp engine....

PT-17 , a nato standerd tank , has a new 1000hp engine....120mm gun....
i just call it a contender only.....or just a aspiration to drdo , to build a t72 base new light tank.....IA not intreseted in their bmp base light tank....

chinese light tank which IA want to match weight 35 tons......PT-17 is lighter then that....

anyway , govt ask IA to give requirements , and IA present them with few.......specifications are a ongoing issue , keep changing as per the needs or on opponents capabilities...

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
You have to understand the reason why it was decided to make on a BMP and not on a T-72 or T-55 or MT-LB ..

That BMP tank was made under supervision of Army only, The requirement is under 22 tons by Army itself ..

22tones....?

IA looking for a tank which can penetrate into mbt environment at very short distance......mbt they want ....not a bmp base ..

105mm gun.....1000hp engine....

PT-17 , a nato standerd tank , has a new 1000hp engine....120mm gun....
i just call it a contender only.....or just a aspiration to drdo , to build a t72 base new light tank.....IA not intreseted in their bmp base light tank....

chinese light tank which IA want to match weight 35 tons......PT-17 is lighter then that....

anyway , govt ask IA to give requirements , and IA present them with few.......specifications are a ongoing issue , keep changing as per the needs or on opponents capabilities...

Vijyes

Light tanks under 22tons, T-72 is a +40 ton tank ..
You have to understand the reason why it was decided to make on a BMP and not on a T-72 or T-55 or MT-LB ..

That BMP tank was made under supervision of Army only, The requirement is under 22 tons by Army itself ..
A single ATAGS weighs 18tonnes. We are speaking of armoured tanks. 22 tons is too less.

BMP comes more or less under FICV category.

Articles