Mahindra Marksman Is Better and Cheaper Bullet Proof Vehicle Available To Indian Army

WolfPack86

Country flag
Mahindra Marksman is designed by Mahindra and Marksman is based on armored capsule light weight bullet proof vehicle. Mahindra Marksman already service states of Indian Police Force and also in service with Chilean Special Police Force. Approximately 800 vehicles were built till date and it cost nearly 56 lakh rupees. Indian Army can procure Marksman in huge numbers and considering highly militant activity in Jammu and Kashmir Indian Army cannot risk lose any more soldiers. Just 2 days before Indian Army lost 3 soldiers in militant attack and one of the vehicle in which soldiers were travelling was unarmored Tata sumo. I was very depressed for two days hearing news of one of Indian Army Major was hit bullet in head and bullet was still stuck in the brain. This would not have happen if there were travelling in bullet proof Marksman. Indian Government should initiate emergency procurement of bullet proof vehicles like did in bullet proof helmets and jackets. In my opinion road opening party must lead by Indian Army Yukirath 6x6 modernized mine protected vehicle in front rest of vehicles following Yukirath MPV. Indian Army should also procure armored Stallion truck, Tata Bunker Proof vehicle and Mahindra Rakshak Plus. Indian Army should speed up the armored vehicles procurement.

Mahindra Marksman gives protection against small arms fire and grenade blast. It has 270 degree rotation turret instead of 270 degree Mahindra should install 360 degree ballistic protection turret should that Indian army can mount LMG, MMG and Grenade launchers. Mahindra Marksman protected up to B6 armored protection and engine also protected up to B6 armored. It has 6 fire port holes and it has speed up to 120 km/hr. Combination of glass layer is Polycarbonate and Mylar are bonded to together using latest technology. It also has run flat tires and when get hit by bullet but still it can hit speed of 50 km/hr. Mahindra Marksman can save countless lives of Indian Army soldiers who fighting for the nation and protecting Indian people from militant attacks. So I requesting Indian Government to fast track procurement of bullet proof vehicles for Indian Army.

Note:

Above article is written by me is own and not copied or post from any other websites.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I never fully understood the proper reasons to go after Mahindra Rakshak rather than Mahindra Marksman for Army in CT operations, Latter they went for some imported 4X4 vehicle which offer same capabilities as Marksman ..

WolfPack86

Country flag
I never fully understood the proper reasons to go after Mahindra Rakshak rather than Mahindra Marksman for Army in CT operations, Latter they went for some imported 4X4 vehicle which offer same capabilities as Marksman ..
May be Army like only foreign stuff. When OFB came with Excalibur Mk 1C rifle Army decided to go for larger caliber rifle. I hope Modi govt will force Indian Army to accept indigenous stuff. Defence Minister Parikkar is doing a great job. But still i am happy that Indian Army will induct Excalibur rifle with modifications. I hope OFB will soon make larger caliber rifle as requested by Indian Army. Defence Minister given four months time for OFB. Lets hope for the best.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Mahindra Marksman is designed by Mahindra and Marksman is based on armored capsule light weight bullet proof vehicle. Mahindra Marksman already service states of Indian Police Force and also in service with Chilean Special Police Force. Approximately 800 vehicles were built till date and it cost nearly 56 lakh rupees. Indian Army can procure Marksman in huge numbers and considering highly militant activity in Jammu and Kashmir Indian Army cannot risk lose any more soldiers. Just 2 days before Indian Army lost 3 soldiers in militant attack and one of the vehicle in which soldiers were travelling was unarmored Tata sumo. I was very depressed for two days hearing news of one of Indian Army Major was hit bullet in head and bullet was still stuck in the brain. This would not have happen if there were travelling in bullet proof Marksman. Indian Government should initiate emergency procurement of bullet proof vehicles like did in bullet proof helmets and jackets. In my opinion road opening party must lead by Indian Army Yukirath 6x6 modernized mine protected vehicle in front rest of vehicles following Yukirath MPV. Indian Army should also procure armored Stallion truck, Tata Bunker Proof vehicle and Mahindra Rakshak Plus. Indian Army should speed up the armored vehicles procurement.

Mahindra Marksman gives protection against small arms fire and grenade blast. It has 270 degree rotation turret instead of 270 degree Mahindra should install 360 degree ballistic protection turret should that Indian army can mount LMG, MMG and Grenade launchers. Mahindra Marksman protected up to B6 armored protection and engine also protected up to B6 armored. It has 6 fire port holes and it has speed up to 120 km/hr. Combination of glass layer is Polycarbonate and Mylar are bonded to together using latest technology. It also has run flat tires and when get hit by bullet but still it can hit speed of 50 km/hr. Mahindra Marksman can save countless lives of Indian Army soldiers who fighting for the nation and protecting Indian people from militant attacks. So I requesting Indian Government to fast track procurement of bullet proof vehicles for Indian Army.

Note:

Above article is written by me is own and not copied or post from any other websites.
The Marksmen should have replaced all CRPF/JKP/IA Rakshaks and Gypsys in use in JK, why it hasn't I have no idea but it is criminal negligence that means that the security forces are still driving around in outdated and in many cases unarmoured vehicles that often ends up costing their lives.

aditya g

Country flag
Mahindra Rakshak is an older model already in service for years before Marksman came in.

Question is whether Marksman was even offered to Army under any tender. You know how procurement system works.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

This is a modification for Kolata Police, Where their is a surveillance camera is mounted on a pole which can be extended for better arc of surveillance ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles