Mahinda Rajapaksa Is A Sinhalese Extremist – Lee Kuan Yew

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Woah. I think this discussion is gone down to a personal attack of Sinhalese. You seems to think Sinhalese are freaks. I do not think we should continue this. You are in no state of mind for a healthy discussion.

I am sorry that you did not understand that by 'freak' , I meant any old Joe with or without intelligence.

If it has caused you discomfort, I apologise.

Then why pushing the 13A. India cannot ask for nothing from Sri Lanka.
India is not pushing for the 13th.

It is already a SL Parliament Act.

It concerns India because if the Tamils of SL are happy as SRi Lankans with equal opportunities, then they will not flood India as refugees, and further, if normalcy returns to SL, it is to India's advantage.

Giving the dalits the opportunity to vote and attend schools is a Shame.
Dalits vote. Dalits become Chief Ministers and Ministers. Dalits have become millionaires.

DICCI now has 3,000 millionaire dalit members. Over a thousand of these have turnovers exceeding Rs 100 crore. The richest, Rajesh Saraiya, runs Steel-Mont Pvt Ltd, based in Ukraine and spanning eight countries. His turnover exceeds Rs 2,000 crore, and he is the first dalit billionaire
Waiting for a hundred dalit billionaires by Swaminomics : SA Aiyar's blog-The Times Of India
So, what are you talking about I have not understood!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
British gave justice and fair play. Did that happened in India too? It is a shame then Brits have go out from India like that.
Did it not?

Since you do not know Indian history, one cannot fault you for not knowing!

Britain left since after the War, they were a bankrupt nation and could not fight Indian nationalism any more!

Sinhalese are the original inhabitants of the island it's not going to change how hard you jumped. :) kudos.
Must I go over as to who are the original people of Sri Lanka?

You all, who claims so vociferously, are imported.

And quite a few are rejects of their original homeland!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Christians of Sri Lanka were chosen for the educational institutes because of the religion. Are you going to denounce that?

You are saying Buddhists are dumb. Give reasons for them to be dumb while all the other minorities were brilliant and intelligent.
That was so in India also.

Yet, intelligence cannot be capped and the non Christians also excelled.

The Buddhists of Sri Lanka did not take advantage in the similar manner as the Muslims of India, who were sulking since they were the rulers before the British.

AMU was an attempt to even out, but one University was not enough!

HeinzGud

Country flag
The Buddhists of Sri Lanka did not take advantage in the similar manner as the Muslims of India, who were sulking since they were the rulers before the British.
FYI. First it was the Colonial rulers of Portuguese and Dutch who have introduced the modern schooling system to Sri Lanka. That was also first to Jaffna where the people accepted Portuguese as their overloads quicker than Sinhalese and then to the coastal belt where Catholicism and Christianity were the entry requirements. These policies effectively cut any opportunities for the Buddhists and Hindus living in Sri Lanka.

With the out set of the colonial expansion in the island, first in the coastal provinces and then interior, Christian missionary societies become active in the field of education. The Church's monopoly of education in the island ended following the Colebrooke Commission set up by the British administration.
Education in Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then came the British and they implemented new schooling system. This was mainly based around Colombo, Kandy, Galle and Jaffna targeting the elite of the every ethnicity This schooling system benefited only to the elite. It was then said that the elite schools were creating the leaders while other schools creating servants. These policies effectively barred any progress in the majority Sinhalese society who lived in the interior of the country and having no money.

A standard system of schools were begun by the British based on the recommendations of the Colebrooke Commission in 1836, this is regarded as the beginning of the modern schooling system in the island. It started with the establishment of the Royal College in Colombo (formally the Colombo Academy) and lead to the formation of several single sex schools constructed during the colonial period, by the British.[3] Some of these schools were affiliated to the Anglican Church, these included S. Thomas' College in Mount Lavinia, Trinity College in Kandy.
Education in Sri Lanka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moreover the Jaffna Tamils who were having a long time benefit of a proper educational system thanks to Dutch and Portuguese were immensely helped the British when they seek people for doing jobs like Clerks. This began the long era of Tamil dominance in Sri Lankan civil service. These same people claimed they were being discriminated in 1956 Sinhala only act.

They should have known that only they prospered over the systematic negligence of the education for the Sinhalese majority

HeinzGud

Country flag
Did it not?

Since you do not know Indian history, one cannot fault you for not knowing!

Britain left since after the War, they were a bankrupt nation and could not fight Indian nationalism any more!
Then why didn't Indian leaders supported the British when the were busy fighting in the World war 2 if they gave justice and fair play to India masses? Why Indian oppose the British who gave them justice and fair play in 1857?

Must I go over as to who are the original people of Sri Lanka?
Yes.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I am sorry that you did not understand that by 'freak' , I meant any old Joe with or without intelligence.

If it has caused you discomfort, I apologise.
No sir it's ok.

However I should mention that there are no freaks in Sri Lankan political leadership for the past 60 or so years because Sri Lankan people choose wisely. If you have a personal issue with any leader you should point out the facts other wise calling them freaks.

India is not pushing for the 13th.

It is already a SL Parliament Act.
Then we will do what ever we like with it.

It concerns India because if the Tamils of SL are happy as SRi Lankans with equal opportunities, then they will not flood India as refugees, and further, if normalcy returns to SL, it is to India's advantage.
What is Indian politicians specially in Tamilnadu know about Tamils living in Sri Lanka. You believe in a utopian scenario where Sinhalese kill Tamils and Tamils live in utter disarray like the 1947 communal riots in India. First you should understand is Sri Lankan people is not like Indian people. We do not extricate in open spaces neither kill other ethncities just because there were some crisis. The best example is the 1998 bombing of the Dalada Maligawa in Kandy.

As you can see the damage was extensive but no Sinhalese went rampage for revenge. We are so civilized people. There fore we do not need tuition from India for communal harmony.

So India should let Sri Lanka do what ever Sri Lanka wants because Sri Lanka takes decision for her own good. If those decision sprout bad consequences for India then the both nations can sort it out through dialog.

Dalits vote. Dalits become Chief Ministers and Ministers. Dalits have become millionaires.

So, what are you talking about I have not understood!
I am talking about the Tamil dalits whose right were secured by the 1957 social securities act. Why high cast Tamils opposed it and created a anti Sinhala sentiment for the Sinhala only act and the "Sri" letter for vehicle number plates after that?

Last edited:

Banda

If a 'Certain country' has issues that are not laudatory and then it is discussed, then the one from that 'certain country' can hardly go bonkers and be ludicrously obtuse and fanciful by trotting out dubious 'facts' and justification!
[B]Wow! How erudite! I seriously needed a dictionary to understand what you said. English Language Entry exams for Indian army must be of such super quality! Between were you using a dictionary or your grandson's literature text book? [/B]
Anyway you don't need to use such heavy words, use normal English that is normally used in forums. Because what matters is giving your feed back or opinion in a manner that is constructive to the argument that is going on. Hanging on to such rarely used lexicon means one is just feeling uneasy or intimidated by the conversation and has NO point to say or gets no point of what is being discussed.
I can already imagine an old man trembling his fingers and torturing his key pad.
Regarding your point,

Just because an issue that is not "laudatory" is being discussed anyone cannot be racist towards that country. And speaking about not 'laudatory' issues, every country has not laudatory issues. And there is no country in the world that can point to another country.
For example, india is a country that is infested with a caste system that runs still to this day, acute gender discrimination that you people are responsible for the murder of 50 million girls for the only reason of not having a p-enius, child marriages. And murderous race riots in Mumbai, Gujarat doesn't really add value to you. The destruction of Khalistani movement was extremely bloody and the handling of Nagaland, Kashmir, and the recent riots in Assam, Occasional caste riots in TN, Violence against Christians at some parts are not laudatory as well. But I don't talk about them because I believe sane Indians are capable of handling them and I will not create prejudices about india looking at them.

Also just because one is blinded by propaganda, filled with hatred and racism and having ulterior motives wouldn't warrant a person to disregard any reasoning or explanations as dubious. It just brings out the immature racist idiot in a person.
So Dadaji read what I type with a sane mind and counter argue in a logical manner without pasting loads of articles from propaganda sites.

As a person from Sri Lanka you may know all about Bandaranaikye family. However, that does not mean that all do.
Well we're not making a family discussion about Bandaranaike here and the point you needed to make was that he was a Christian who converted to Buddhism. You can mention that (actually you did mention it) simply and writing his whole name is not necessary. Are you trying to say that the non SLn members here are so tube light that repetition is necessary?

Between I have nothing against you writing his whole name, I just thought it is making a boring post longer. Also mentioning the whole name indicates you are being uneasy with what you say (which of course gives me immense pleasure).

Last edited:

Banda

After all, before the Tamil issue, Sri Lanka, was only associated with the epics and the demon King Ravana and nothing more.
You mean to say Indians were bad at geography and good in mythology?
Any sane person would realise that Sri Lanka is but only an island and is hardly of any consequence to the world. So, to know who the PM of Sri Lanka was is hardly a matter that is world shaking!
There isn't anything to realize that SL is an island, every Tom and Dick good in geography knows SL is an island. It is a fact not a something to be realized. And of course SL is a small country and we don't really influence on the world except in the rare instances of British using SL in WW1 to command war and western powers using SL to control india. At least it is important enough that another country has been grateful enough to open a thread on our country in its defence forum where its erudite members are giving hair splitting arguments.
And I fail to understand how this is relevant to the topic we are discussing.
How SL stands in the world does not have a say on this topic. It just shows the one who is making that statement is insecure and suffers from inferiority complex.
About his being born a Christian is important since it indicates the clout that the Buddhist have over Ceylon's politics.
Buddhists will always have a clout over SL as long as they are numerical superior. Clout is not something necessarily bad it just means you have influence. It is the same as Hindu's having a clout in India, Catholics having a clout in US or Ireland, Christians having a clout in UK. What is bad is doing unreasonable things with the clout you have.
Due to ignorance, even the present day Sinhala-Buddhists still believe that they are blood relatives of Buddha because, according to the Mahavamsa, their forefather Pandu-Vasudeva belongs to the Sakya clan, and is a relative of the Buddha where as the historians believe that the term 'Pandu' in Pali means Pandyans.
Unlike in india, people in SL don't take mythology seriously. Though we have few nut cases like that this is a very stupid view held by a very few number of Sinhalese. Actually I don't know whether this is mentioned even in Mahavamsa. What matters is this is not a widely held belief and in no way affected the topic we are discussing.

According to Buddhism, a person ordained as a Bikkhu should practice Ahimsa (non-violence), Karuna (compassion), Metta (affection), and Maithriya (loving-kindness) towards fellow humans, (irrespective of race or religion), not only by words but also in his thoughts and action. Unfortunately in Sri Lanka, due to the influence of the Mahavamsa, a Buddhist Bikkhu is at liberty to engage in racist politics and promote Sinhala-Buddhist chauvinism and hatred, as we see today.
Thank you for your Buddhism lesson Dadaji.

And can you please tell me, a single country which has been practicing according to the ideals of the religions they are professing to practice. I have seen numerous amounts of child sex cases by Hindu monks in India and would I be correct in coming to the conclusion that there must be something intrinsically wrong in the Hinduism in India that makes them vulgar? Like I said once SL is a third world country (like yours) and corruption is a problem. So we have corrupted individuals in almost all the fields and religion is not an exception. There are monks into politics (which is rejected by many ppl) and some are racist, some are Marxist, some are business mined, some don't know what they are doing. So it is a mix bag.

Banda

there was NO Buddhism in Sri Lanka until Emperor Asoka's missionary monks led by Mahinda converted the Hindu (Siva worshipping) Naga King Tissa into a Buddhist in the 2nd century BC. Similarly, there was NO Sinhala race/tribe in Sri Lanka until the Mahavihara monks created it in the 5th century AD. When Hindu/Brahmanical influence posed a serious challenge to Buddhism and when Buddhism started to lose popular support and the patronage from the rulers, the Buddhist institutions in India came under attack. The Mahavihara monks of Anuradapura including Ven. Mahanama, the author of the Pali chronicle Mahavamsa and a close relative of the Buddhist Naga king Dhatusena witnessed the decline and disorientation of Buddhism in India. The events that took place in India against Buddhism must have prompted the Mahavihara monks in Sri Lanka to come up with a plan/strategy to protect Buddhism. Due to their strong devotion to Buddhism and desire to consolidate and protect this religion in Sri Lanka they have decided to write the Pali chronicles Deepavamsa/Mahavamsa making Sri Lanka a Dammadeepa/Sinhaladvipa (chosen land of Buddha where Buddhism will prevail for 5000 years) and creating the Sinhala race by integrating all the Buddhists from different tribes/ethnic groups into one race and making them the sustainers of Buddhism (Gautama Buddha's chosen people) to protect Buddhism in Sri Lanka for 5000 years until the next Maithriya Buddha arrive.
We don't have enough evidence (according to archeologists) to say what religion was practiced in Pre Buddhist Sri Lanka. As many historians suggest there is high probability that pre Buddhist SLns have been pagan and we do still have some pagan elements in religious culture. No wonder that religion in SL could have been influenced by India at that time. But we can safely say that pre Buddhist SLns were not Hindu.
The oldest hindu structure to be found in SL date back to 12 AD in Polonnaruwa Kingdom. Anuradhapura was the first known kingdom and it did NOT have any Hindu structure. The main method that Hinduism had entered SL was by Chola invasions. Anuradhapura kingdom shows NO Hindu elements while the Hindu influence had increased on SL culture with time, reaching its peak in Kandy kingdom. And there was no mention of what was the religion of King Dewanampiyathissa is. Before you get more into this muddy water let me tell you South India and its people were Buddhists and Jains before they became Hindus. So don't come with the stupid argument that SL has to be Hindu as it was in close proximity to Hindu South India.
Of course Buddhism died in India and many Buddhist monks were persecuted in India. And south indian Buddhists might have come to SL seeking refuge. It may have influenced Chola invasions to SL. And of course Buddhist monks in SL came up with a strategy to protect their religion and I see nothing wrong in that. They defended their right to religion and their land against invasions.
Actually you are getting more into muddy water. Buddhism was under attack in India much before Dhatusena became a king in SL. So there is no chance that Dhatusena was witnessing an attack against Buddhism in India. And monks didn't create a Sinhala race. It was naturally formed by different people from different places integrating and evolving. This was facilitated by absorbing the immigrants from india and it was a natural process like every ethnicity is formed. The motive (as understood by historians) of writing Mahavamsa was to record the deeds of the kings. Like these days these monks has had their favorite kings and they have written them to admire and tell the good deeds of their favorite kings. In Mahavamsa, the favorite king was Dutugemunu where a disproportionate part of it describes his heroics. Also Mahavamsa has no single author, though it was initiated by Ven.Mahanama many monks have contributed towards it. The site you copied this stuff hasn't mentioned that.
You cannot simply create a race like that. It is a race that had its initial immigration from india, mixed with people living in SL and evolving into Sinhala people. You can learn the evolvement of Sinhala language and there are many evidences island wide.
Also remember none of us are historians and I really do not see a point in debating over SL history with a Indian military man in an indian defence forum. Were you trying to say Sinhala is a race created by a set of monks to safeguard Buddhism and therefore it does not have a standing to talk about its heritage in SL? If that was your idea, sirji I am showing my third finger at you.

Also Maitreya Buddha doesn't come after 5000 years. Please choose a different propaganda site for your daily dose of racism.

Banda

With the patronage of the Buddhist Kings, it is the Mahavihara monks who assimilated all the Buddhists from many different tribes together and called them Sihala (followers of Mythical Vijaya).
Whether Vijaya is mythical or not is not for you or any computer pundits to decide. Historians do not discard Vijaya story and DNA analysis suggest large scale immigration from Bengal.

Ven. Mahanama has created an imaginary link between the three elements, Country-Race-Religion and made it into one unit similar to the Holy Trinity, whereby Sri Lanka (Dhamma Deepa), Buddha's chosen people (Sinhalese), and Buddhism (Buddha Sasana) should be protected for 5000 years. This is known as the Jathika chintanaya or the Mahavamsa mindset and its outcome is the 'Sinhala-Budda Deepa' and 'unitary state'. Therefore, for the next 2500 years, a Sinhala Buddhist will never allow a federal state or any autonomy for others (non-Sinhala-Buddhists) in Sri Lanka.
So what is the problem? Every country has or had some form of a meta physical belief that unites them and make them patriotic as a society. It is how societies did work and some still operate. For example don't you have in india 'sare jahan achcha hamara hindu"¦', though it is nowhere close to reality. So the same way SL too did have one and there is nothing wrong in it as it is natural. And Mahawamsa does not mentions Sinhalese as Buddha's chosen people. Religion had an important place in ancient civilizations. So national unity or identity was influenced by religion. It is the case for many ancient religion.

For example in Cambodia, another Buddhist country they too have a one similar to Country- Race- Religion where race is replaced by King. That is a method of assuring allegiance and dwelling in it more is stupid.

And no it has no relevance into a Unitary state. Whether a federal state will be allowed or not is solely for the people in SL to decide and that will be decided taking into consideration SL's defence, security, sovereignty. Just because some old man in a neighboring country is eager to see federalism in SL it doesn't work like that. It is especially hilarious coming from a guy who is living in a country that practices a quasi federal system.

What we witness today is a kind of political Buddhism trying to promote the interests of the Sinhala-Buddhist people, rather than religion (Buddhism) as a path for personal salvation, and it is the main impediment to peace in the Island of Sri Lanka because it is based on the doctrine of primacy and superiority of the Sinhala race and the Buddhist religion.
Political Buddhism in SL or whatever it is, is solely the problem of Slns. Also there is nothing called political Buddhism what we have is monks getting into politics which is not appreciated by the majority of SLns. There is nothing about a superiority complex but more like protecting their religion from a perceived threat real or imagined.

From a very young age, the innocent Sinhala Buddhist children who attend the Daham Paasela (Sunday school) in the Buddhist temples are brainwashed by engraving the Mahavamsa Buddhism and Sinhala Buddhist racism into their sub-conscious minds. They are taught to believe that the non-Sinhala Buddhists (Tamils) are invaders who do not belong to Sri Lanka. All the Tamils should be chased away to Tamil Nadu just the way their ancient Kings Dutugemunu did. The country (Sri Lanka), Sinhala race and Buddhism should be protected from the Tamils. Now, from recently, they have also included the Christians in those needing to be thrown out. Due to the above conditioning, the Sinhala-Buddhist majority believes that the entire Sri Lanka belongs to them and the minorities are aliens.
Seriously what do you ppl know abt Sunday schools in SL? Mahavamsa is a history book and we needn't Sunday school to learn abt Mahavamsa it is taught in History classes. Not only Mahavamsa, deepavamsa historical documents from other countries, writing on stone pillars are also discussed in History. Actually you ppl too are learning Mahavamsa too in India :D

There is no perception among the majority that Tamils do not belong here. But it is a fact that successive kingdoms in SL had to face invasions from Tamils. And Dutugemunu didn't chase Tamils. How can he chase Tamils it is said he even had Tamils who were supportive of him. And who is talking about throwing away Christians? SL is not India and we people do not identify ourselves based on religion. Christians can be Sinhala. How can we throw out a part of our own family?
It is in india that people identify with religion like Muslim, Hindu, Christian. In SL it is the races like Tamil, Sinhala, Moor, Malay, Burgher. You really don't know what you are talking about. Next time chose a better site to copy paste.

Banda

One good example is the former Army Chief Lt.-Gen. Sarath Fonseka who once said that he strongly believes that Sri Lanka belongs to the Sinhalese, the minorities can live in the country with them (Sinhalese) but they must not try to demand undue things. This is the common understanding/belief not only among the Sinhalese masses (both educated and uneducated) and the Buddhist clergy but also among the Sinhalese political leaders right from the top as we see from the Sinhala Only Act in 1956, the Sinhala-Only (sri) vehicle license-plates policy in 1958 (has anyone learned anything from its aftermath that has ruined the country for many decades?) and the recent proposal to scrap the Tamil version of the national anthem and have a Sinhala-Only National Anthem, but unlike the former army chief, these politicians are extra careful when uttering in public due to diplomacy.
What Sarath Fonseka said was rejected by the gov and he was under media criticism for that for a very long time. I don't say we don't have lunatics who think like that, but that number is very small. In SL many Sinhalese accept that 56 language policy was wrong and gov's scrapping of Tamil Language national anthem is also wrong. As I said earlier this government has done good things and bad things.
At least he confronted with his enemy without running away.
Therefore,
1. SWRD onverted because he realised that the Buddhist held the key.
2. The Buddhist majority which was backward in all respect found the Christians and Burghers as usurper to their 'glorious' Buddhist past – as if God willed in his Last Word and Testament to the Buddhist the land of SrI Lanka and everyone else was usurpers!
3. Playing to the Buddhist sentiments, all Christians were replaced by Buddhists, as if Buddhists along were the sole proprietors of the land of SriLanka.
No wonder, Jathika Hela Urumaya , political party in Sri Lanka which is led by Buddhist monks, is a powerful arbiter in the political dispensation in Sri Lanka.
You don't need to teach me SL history, I am well aware of it. In a previous comment I mentioned 56 language policy and several other acts by a gov especially Bandaranaike gov was instrumental in leading to distrust between Sinhalese and Tamils. That was in 56 and during that time Blacks were not even allowed to enter a bus that has white passengers. The world was a different place then. But countries evolve and they correct their wrong policies. That is how countries evolve. A small social science lesson for the old man.

Buddhism was attacked and trampled by the colonial powers and after 100 years of colonialism, Buddhists were feeling being trodden. SWRD used that and whipped up communal feelings and used it for his own success. Also the rural mass in the country were struggling by economic policies of the previous UNP gov cos they removed many subsidies. There were true grievences on the part of the rural masses. Bandaranaike was an opportunistic who used that, just like Prabha was an opportunistic racist who used the grievances of Tamil people.
Making Sinhala official language is not wrong but a right step to answer these grievances. But what went wrong was not making Tamil an official language too. And that has been corrected now. Got it?

Another thing was this didn't make a Tamil deprived of any other rights except language rights. Tamils could do businesses, excel in any field they work and live as fellow citizens given that they learn Sinhala(which is wrong). But there was never an apartheid like situation many people try to show.
Throughout the history of the world there have been many minorities who had to face far worse policies but eventually with patience and clever strategic thinking these people achieved it. Tamils didn't use that.

Banda

From Sri Lanka itself!
Can't go along with you that Sri Lanka is garbage.
Note the clout of the Prelates and the necessity of getting their Blessing for political reasons too!
Need I say more ?
It seems though Indian Army has good standard for entry level English, they haven't thought of IQ that much. If you can read what you pasted here, you will understand that foreign minister has simply met and discussed with the prelates. And uncle Ray it is a PR move. MR doesn't do what prelates or any religious man wants, he does what he wants.
And how is foreign minister meeting with Prelates proves that one MUST get blessing and MUST be a Buddhist to become country's head? Running out of arguments?

It exposes you that for convenience sake, you are not shy to lie through your teeth.
No it just shows you don't actually read what you paste, idiot!

Stop trying to fool the people all the time!
How can I fool the foolish?

Please understand that we are not totally illiterate or lazy as some people are! :wink:
Stop being lazy and get your facts right!
Of course you are not lazy, it is just you have a bad IQ that you cant understand what is being discussed. May be the age is catching up with you.
If you don't bore your posts with wikepedia and other site's posts , I can try not feeling bored and lazy.

Yes indeed Sri Lanka cannot do without the Buddhist benediction.
I have shown that the Blessings of the Prelates is a MUST and you can lie through your teeth, but the Ceylon newspapers could not have got it wrong, right?
But Uncle Ray Ceylon newspapers does NOT mention anything like that. It is just that an official of the gov is meeting a top monk. The same way they meet the prelates they go and meet the top Catholic monk in SL. They are just PR moves to hoodwink the public. So don't jump already you haven't proved anything old hag!
There maybe no clause that debars anyone to stand for election as the head of the State, but then who hold the majority of Votes? The Burghers? The Christians? The Tamils? Or the Buddhists, who are most militant and parochial – Sinhala Only and such tripe!
So you are unsure of the very thing you posted early :D. Are you saying you yourself do not believe in your own point?
Uncle Ray, Christians are either Sinhala or tamil. Of course Sinhala people will have a larger influence of selecting a head just like Hindus in India would have a larger influence. You cant change that, SL is largely Sinhalese. What do you know of Buddhists in SL? Militant? My a**. The militants went down 2009. And if we have another set of militants Buddhists or whatever they too will go down.

If the vote was beyond religious affiliation it would be different. Imagine, SWRD, an Anglican realised it early and so he converted to Buddhism, having seen the beauty of Political Buddhism, so that he could bag the maximum number of votes!
Of course Bandaranaike was being opportunistic. And I suggest you reading my comments again as I see you have a difficulty in comprehending an idea. I don't think people voted him essentially because of his religion but because they promised to give prominence to Sinhala language. If you check Peter Kenneman was also a minister in his cabinet who was a burgher elected by Sinhala people. Because he too promised what Banda did.

Let us be frank. No one's renounces his religion for a lark. They do it for allurement or gains.
And what wisdom !
LOL

Banda

SWRD proves that it is gainful to be a Buddhist since they rule the roost and militant Buddhism that is there in SL is the a total departure from the tenets of Buddhism as is understood around the world.
And read what I previously, it seems Banda is the only argument you have.
I achieve by mentioning Kadirgamar as a Tamil and a Christian to show how a worthy person can be denied a post, because of his ethnicity and religion!
I asked you why you specifically mentioned his religion. This is what you said "Kadirgamar, a tamil christian", as if he is less of a Tamil because of his religion. Don't try to change goal posts men. And he was not denied post because of his ethnicity but because MR wanted to become the next PM. It wont matter whether Kadir is a Tamil or Sinhala, MR would have done it to secure his place.
And what do you talk about he was denied the post? He was the distinguished FM of SL then who commanded so much respect from Sinhala and Muslim people. FM in a country is a prestigious job. Now don't come with another ridiculous twist of what you said, but read what I typed and U typed before that. So you wont be changing goal posts.
To me that is an insult to meritocracy and an indication of the disgraceful racist and religious arrogance practised in Sri Lanka.
Nothing in SL is yours and SL doesn't consider you as ours. So you needn't get insulted by our wounds. I believe you Indians have enough to take care of. SL as a society was not racist. Unlike in India, caste system has gone down, gender discrimination has being tackled effectively, inter racial and inter religious marriages are becoming more and more common.
Also apart from SL you've a lot to be ashamed of Mr. Ray, even in this thread
It is not important how many are in inferior posts.The issue is that none but Buddhist can occupy the Head of the State position because of the manipulative and Machiavellian ways of the Sri Lankan Buddhists!
So you accept that you could not prove that SL constitution doesn't restrict a person of non Buddhist faith in becoming Head of state and that was just a silly point thrown our without any evidence. Unless you would not come up with that. :d.
Between you don't have to be manipulative or Machiavellian in order to make SL head a Buddhist, you just have to vote for a Buddhist man. It is that simple. Idiot!

Last edited:

Banda

@saradiel1

I hope I have addressed all of your rather weak expositions including your lack of understanding of the English lexicon!
You have NOT answered any of the points I raised in my previous comments. You said SL gov abrogating 13 A. I said how do you say that? You didn't reply.
In comment 66 I asked you 3 questions, you conveniently missed two of them. And I believe you have nothing else to say about Lee Kuan Yew as it was the main topic that triggered this conversation.
And about English lexicon, of course it is very impressive. I think it as an honor that there is a fellow South Asian with such erudite English. Actually you are in the wrong field, Mr. Ray with your imaginative skills and good English you could have written stories like Harry Porter.
Then the world would not be talking about J.K Rowling from britian but a certain RAYling from India.

@saradiel1
You are but an old fogey in your mental grasp it appears.
By the way, I have a very luxuriant shock of hair, if you don't mind.
You meant stock right?
Nice to know you have such nice hair. So the old saying that says balding brings wisdom and maturity has some truth in it.
@saradiel1
Does baffle a whole lot of young men losing theirs.
You seem to have lost yours, if one goes by your belligerent replies that are more on bluster and no fact.
Take a hold of yourself and don't have a bad hair day please!
Ok sir! If you can give me your email, I can nominate you for a Sunsilk advertisement. You seem to have the skill for it.

All I say, as I say on this forum, in many threads:

LET US SINK OUR DIFFERENCES, BEFORE THE DIFFERENCES SINK US!
Before talking about differences mister Ray, wouldn't it be better if you grow some balls and argue in a forum without deactivating the profile of the other person you are arguing with.
It goes against the democracy and basic sense of decency and as a man representing your country's army, it is belittling.
It is kinda gay!

Last edited by a moderator:

Banda

For me outsiders it adds up to what I think about your extremist regime who because of international pressures pretending as a genuine state otherwise was going without a check to finished innocent Tamils in detail.

There is a proverb in punjabi jadey yan kadey. Now or never. If you want to explain why your country is humiliating tamils with cheap tricks of war tourism then tell us now or you do not have answer for it. Trust me I have a theory, it is typical of all rougue states who take dictation from commie Chinese thugs. Because human values and rights are hard topics for them to understand and practise. I bet many Chinese are enjoying your hospitality during those war porn tourist tours your regime organizes.
Dont you think counter arguing me would be better rather than piggy backing Ray

Banda

other indians here,

sorry if you find this offensive....I couldnt help it.......

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Dont you think counter arguing me would be better rather than piggy backing Ray
Hey coconut dweller, from where you got that I am piggy backing Ray ?

I have made my point clear about your nation many a time here in this forum in many previous threads.

I was clear on my disgust about LTTE and was very blunt from where your nation crossed the lines on Chinese dictation. It has become laborious and boring to to entertain every rag tag Sinhala racist who start with a premiss that SL tamils are not natives should be treated like second class citizens, heck your nation is treating them as speak the same. I know how many Hindu temples have been bombed by Sinhalas and what not. So don't try to fool me.

Go to Chinese or Pakistani forums they will love to side with you unconditionally.

Banda

Hey coconut dweller, from where you got that I am piggy backing Ray ?

I have made my point clear about your nation many a time here in this forum in many previous threads.

I was clear on my disgust about LTTE and was very blunt from where your nation crossed the lines on Chinese dictation. It has become laborious and boring to to entertain every rag tag Sinhala racist who start with a premiss that SL tamils are not natives should be treated like second class citizens, heck your nation is treating them as speak the same. I know how many Hindu temples have been bombed by Sinhalas and what not. So don't try to fool me.

Go to Chinese or Pakistani forums they will love to side with you unconditionally.
First, there is nothing called 'coconut dweller' Were you trying to say coconut plucker? You should know these things with RAYling in your side.

what you said previously does not matter me. A man should be able to defencd his point if he has facts with him. Only the ones with weak arguments would run away like that cos they rely on propaganda.

LTTE is disgusting, any man with little bit of sanity cannot feel the other way...And abt crossing lines, did the SLG know you are blunt on crossing lines on chinese dictation. I see SLG and SLA must have been confident after knowing some indian in an indianforum is going to be blunt on our chinese relationship.

And dont talk about things I didnt say....where did I say Tamils are not natives? And that they should be treated like 2nd class? ..just becasue you cant debate the points I raised dont put words in my mouth and accuse me of something I didnt say.

Not only Hindu temples almost all the buildings were damaged during war time. Becasue LTTE terrorist hide inside these buildings and fire at the army. Tell me a single war zone where buildings were not damaged in any part of the world? Your logic is substandard for a person in a defence forum.

I havent beein to any chinese forums, but I am in PDF. I can safely say that they dont run away like some high rankers do here and definitely do not deactivate an account just because they cant win over an argument.

And Mr. Hit and run I remember you and I had a debate and u didnt reply me. That is why asked you. Between if you have nothing to say, it is ok I won't ask you again.

Between give my regards to uncle Ray

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sri Lankan culture and identity based on Sinhala Buddhists culture. There is no ban on others becoming president of Sri Lanka. But other leaders who are representing minority ethnic cannot become leader of SL if they don't have a vision and understanding of majority. That's the reason for that.
Semantics.

The fact that there is parochial Buddhism and Chapter II, the Buddhists will always vote Buddhists.

Therefore, any intelligent and educated person, who is not a Buddhist, has no hope in hell.

That is why SWRD converted since his political ambition was a greater love than his religion!

And that is why inspite of showing anti Tamil views, as a Tamil and Christian, following the victory of the United Peoples' Freedom Alliance, and his being a candidate for the PM's post, President Kumaratunga appointed Mahindra Rajpakse as the PM. Obviously, it is because of Buddhist chauvinism.

I would think it is a travesty of truth, if you state that Lakshman Kadrrgamar , a Christian and a Tamil and thus a minority, did not have vision. He sure was more suitable because he was not merely a politicians, but a person with immense exposure to international affairs having been a diplomat, and was appointed to many international agencies to include those of the UN.

This puts paid to the issue of anyone can become the Head of Sri Lanka.

SWRD understood it and forsook his religion, but Kadirgamar thought his religion was important and so he lost out!

As Shakespeare had said - O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles