Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor

ppgj

nice video but slightly biased. but some interesting comments. JSF in wvr is a dud which is true. RAND report is quite damning.
f-16 designer says f-22 is vulnerable in A2G operations and that leaves a question mark on f-22 (though it is designed as air dominance fighter). may be not surprising the congress stopped the production also considering the cost and maintainence.
interesting part of the video is when hunters become hunted. though it was more CG than real sukhois are known for it.
thanks qgm for posting it.

Quickgun Murugan

Pretty childish, and pretty obvious that the makers of this video dont know much about planes!

About the Maker of F16 badmouthing the F22, well the fact is true, any plane can be brought down, its not that the F16 or the Sukhois are invincible. There is an inherent risk in every sortie an airplane flies in a hostile environment.
The point is not about any plane being brought down. The point of the video is it projecting F-22 as a liability and not an asset. What's the point in having a front line fighter which cannot be used front line?

By the way, I dont think the person in this video is the sole designer or design head of the F16. I think he was in the Design team. Correct me If I am wrong plz.
Yep. No one claimed he is the sole designer of F-16. He would be a team member obviously.

Vladimir79

Pretty childish, and pretty obvious that the makers of this video dont know much about planes!
Childish... nah, humorous, yes. The maker of this video works for Ilyushin... she knows something about planes!

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Childish... nah, humorous, yes. The maker of this video works for Ilyushin... she knows something about planes!
Yeah?? Didnt look so! Especially the SUPER IRBIS thingy!!! Seemed so damned foolish for the Ibris to jam the AWACS plus the Typhoon and then go onto shoot off the AWACS like its a toy! She probably forgot that the AWACS wont be so near for a BVR shot, and that the AWACS Killer has not been tested yet by the Russians.

I am all for Russian Tech, but I also know that Western tech is no Dud either!

Humorous? You are damn right! Havent laughed like this in a while! :D

ahmedsid

Top Gun
The point is not about any plane being brought down. The point of the video is it projecting F-22 as a liability and not an asset. What's the point in having a front line fighter which cannot be used front line?

Yep. No one claimed he is the sole designer of F-16. He would be a team member obviously.
F-16's designer thrashes F-22 Raptor

The Heading kind of made it look like he is the last word on the F16, especially the way the maker of the Video trumpeted it.

The F22 is not for A2G role, I always read that in a hostile environment, the Raptors would go in along with SEAD and, achieve air superiority, and the JSF would go in later after that.

Texasjohn

By the way, I dont think the person in this video is the sole designer or design head of the F16. I think he was in the Design team. Correct me If I am wrong plz.
The "father" of the F-16 was in his 90s and died here in Fort Worth - about 8 months ago. It was in the news here...

No idea who this is.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
The "father" of the F-16 was in his 90s and died here in Fort Worth - about 8 months ago. It was in the news here...

No idea who this is.
this guy was in the design team, nothing more. I too heard of the Father of F16 dying some months ago.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
What a neutral and unbiased video.

The F-22 is an air dominance fighter and not meant for ground ops. The US could afford to make it and operate it. so whats the fuss about?

Any weapon can prove itself only when its confronted in a war. The US hasnt yet had any reason to field the F-22 in combat as it didnt require air dominance in A-stan and Iraq as their was not oppsition there in the air.

I guess a war with Iran which has a decent air force can be an opportunity for the US to test the F-22. Otherwise its going to be mostly in the hangars as it takes 30 hrs of maintenance for 1 hr of flight time.

Quickgun Murugan

F-16's designer thrashes F-22 Raptor

The Heading kind of made it look like he is the last word on the F16, especially the way the maker of the Video trumpeted it.

The F22 is not for A2G role, I always read that in a hostile environment, the Raptors would go in along with SEAD and, achieve air superiority, and the JSF would go in later after that.
This is just a fun time pass video by PowerRussia channel of youtube. Most of us know what a raptor is capable of. I just wanted people to view the f-16 designer's view on F-22. The rest all fan-boy simulation, I could not edit you know :pleasantry: .

Nevertheless a video I wanted to share. Here is the response video by a EF fan boy. Now EF kicks Su-35's a**.:sarcastic:

YouTube - Eurofighter Typhoon vs. Sukhoi Su-35s

ahmedsid

Top Gun
What a neutral and unbiased video.

The F-22 is an air dominance fighter and not meant for ground ops. The US could afford to make it and operate it. so whats the fuss about?

Any weapon can prove itself only when its confronted in a war. The US hasnt yet had any reason to field the F-22 in combat as it didnt require air dominance in A-stan and Iraq as their was not oppsition there in the air.

I guess a war with Iran which has a decent air force can be an opportunity for the US to test the F-22. Otherwise its going to be mostly in the hangars as it takes 30 hrs of maintenance for 1 hr of flight time.
You are right, but ofcourse just one small correction, the F22 is again overkill against the Iranians, since their Airforce is no match for the Americans or the Israelis. Its the ground network of SAMs etc thats the problem.

The Americans will test the F22 against Iran for sure, but it wont be because the Iranian air force is tough, but it will be because, they would just want to test the F22.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Country flag
Hey, standard American policy mate. Create new weapons and create new wars to test them.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
Let's hope Su-50 keeps the legacy alive. I'm convinced we're buying our birds from the best aerospace company (UAC).

p2prada

Could not help but laugh during and after video.
You should see the Chinese fanboy videos of the J-10. The J-10s take out F-22s, Su-30s and Klingon bird of preys, all with one missile. :D

bhramos

Country flag
until now only Sukhoi's and Mig's could do this kind of manevours, the west calmed this manoveurs as just air show tactics and could get noting in real time wars, but now what is f-22 going to do with this in real time wars???

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Well, commentator seems like he doesn't know about MKI or SU-35 when he says this maneuver can't be done by others. By the way nice video. Thanks for sharing.

bhramos

Country flag
Well, commentator seems like he doesn't know about MKI or SU-35 when he says this maneuver can't be done by others. By the way nice video. Thanks for sharing.
he means no other US fighter could do that untill now.
russian fighters could do these things from before 2000 approx.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Mirage-2000 shot F-22 at DPAC

The March 2010 issue of Air et Cosmos came out with an interesting blurb about what happened at Al Dhafra.

Translation...

Certainly, reports of the multinational exercise entitled DPAC (Advanced Tactical Leadership Course) played out last December in the UAE never stops amasing us.

Last surprise to date, Mirage 2000-9 Air Force Emirates (piloted by French) was able to place himself in the firing position behind a F-22 Raptor of the USAF during a simulated combat dogfight. What a feat, it remained hidden as not to offend anyone on either side of the Atlantic. This patch released on this occasion proves it for the initiated few.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
How many Mirages did the F22 Shoot down before one of the Mirages had a chance??? The M2K is a potent fighter all right, but then we gotta know the whole story.