LOC, LAC & International Border skirmishs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj nema

Country flag
The minute someone brings Modi or Congress or Kalki into this thread it gets derailed. Please keep it about news and discussion on LoC action only.

As an aside, I am a bit distressed by the lack of coverage of LoC casualties. Seems like we are losing good men to cowardly snipers. What kind of anti sniper equipment if any do we have? I've read about equipment that can pinpoint the location of the sniper. That combined with a counter sniper should teach the pork chops a lesson they wont forget.
The fact is that Pakistan is loosing more soldiers
and suffering more damages

But they are experts in playing mind games

They know that with Rising Indian Casualties the Indian
media and public will force the Government for a ceasefire

And that is what they want

Ceasefire suits Pakistan ; this constant conflict is hurting them

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
The fact is that Pakistan is loosing more soldiers
and suffering more damages
I don't care how many so called "soldiers" they are losing. I am more interested in our casualties and how to prevent them going forward. And also to make sure that the families of soldiers are cared for.

mavles ihctep

The minute someone brings Modi or Congress or Kalki into this thread it gets derailed. Please keep it about news and discussion on LoC action only.

As an aside, I am a bit distressed by the lack of coverage of LoC casualties. Seems like we are losing good men to cowardly snipers. What kind of anti sniper equipment if any do we have? I've read about equipment that can pinpoint the location of the sniper. That combined with a counter sniper should teach the pork chops a lesson they wont forget.
Sniping is done by both sides since September 2016. Pakis will not report any casualties by indian sniping action.Heck even they r not releasing their dead men name. They banned even reporting of funeral coverages to their dead men

square

Strategic Issues

sniper can only be counter by a sniper.....

a good sniper shooter kept waitig for the whole day to fire just few shoots to induce a damage equivalent of keep firing motars the whole day !!!

pankaj nema

Country flag
I don't care how many so called "soldiers" they are losing. I am more interested in our casualties and how to prevent them going forward. And also to make sure that the families of soldiers are cared for.
This is a war ; there will be casualties

If you want to have a country then you have to pay some price

Otherwise call them and hand over what ever they want

At least the Pakis are better on this count

They are fighting a Two front war but not crying like Indians
inspite of loosing many more soldiers

pankaj nema

Country flag
As i said, Without land gain this LoC fight is waste. Feku need to take decision
If you gain some Territory Inside PoK can you hold it for ever

Unless and until we fight a large scale war we cannot get PoK

And in a large scale war there will be thousands of casualties

Is this country ready for that for the sake of POK

square

Strategic Issues
Sniping is done by both sides since September 2016. Pakis will not report any casualties by indian sniping action.Heck even they r not releasing their dead men name. They banned even reporting of funeral coverages to their dead men
there is no harm learning good thing from anywhere......
russians also do not disclose their casualities to their public.....
unfortunatly it was started by our media to humiliate the MM govt !!

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
This is a war ; there will be casualties

If you want to have a country then you have to pay some price

Otherwise call them and hand over what ever they want

At least the Pakis are better on this count

They are fighting a Two front war but not crying like Indians
inspite of loosing many more soldiers
Who is crying? I asked a question about what equipment and tactics we have to counter their snipers and you're acting like a condescending know it all. Please spare me.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
sniper can only be counter by a sniper.....

a good sniper shooter kept waitig for the whole day to fire just few shoots to induce a damage equivalent of keep firing motars the whole day !!!

I was specifically talking about something like these used by NATO. Might be a good purchase for IA.

Boomerang is a gunfire locator developed by DARPA and BBN Technologies primarily for use against snipers. Boomerang is mounted on mobile vehicles such as the Humvee, Stryker, and MRAP combat vehicles. There were plans to integrate it into the Land Warrior system.

gekko

Can anyone list out the any significant changes brougt out by modi in last 3 years
Eat iodine salt. Really, the government spends crores on their advertising budget just to tell people that the lack of iodine in diet causes mental retardation, still you guys don't eat iodine salt and the result is for everyone to see.

square

Strategic Issues
I was specifically talking about something like these used by NATO. Might be a good purchase for IA.

Boomerang is a gunfire locator developed by DARPA and BBN Technologies primarily for use against snipers. Boomerang is mounted on mobile vehicles such as the Humvee, Stryker, and MRAP combat vehicles. There were plans to integrate it into the Land Warrior system.

it can only locate the position of gunshoot after the shoot is fired......whats the use , bullets travels closer to speed of sound....

pankaj nema

Country flag
unfortunatly it was started by our media to humiliate the MM govt !!
There is a Huge difference here

man Mohan singh was following a policy of appeasing Pakistan

There were severe restrictions on Indian Army for firing back

Pakistanis used to taunt Indian Army on LOC

" Take permission from Delhi before firing "

Aggresive commanders were reprimanded and Transferred

All this peace and ceasefire helped Pakistan to build its strength

How did it help India

MMS believed that by appeasing Pakistan ; they will change their behaviour

No such thing happened

After 2013 Beheadings ; there was a Near revolt in the Army

And Antony was advised by RAW ; dont go to Kashmir
or soldiers will attack you

Such was the level of anger

Today even if there are casualties ; Army has the satisfaction
that we are hammering the Pakistanis

indus

Living in Post Truth
Country flag
Another thing is we r giving too much attention to Kashmir problem.If you compare this with other problems we r facing its very insignificant. Kashmir terrorists r low grade terrorists they can't do anything significant to damage indian forces in valley.Also our army's active patrolling of LoC vastly reduced paki terrorists in valley.

Put Kashmir problem in cold storage. Dont give them any attention. If you look at casualties of army since 2004 in valley its comparable to peacetime casualties. Focus the attention towards economy.
What a moron... :frusty:. Btw plz explain what is peacetime casualty....??? In peacetime there should be no casualty. Pak is fighting with us an Asymmetric warfare, or the famed strategy of bleeding by thousand cuts coz it cannot fight directly as it will lose. Kashmir was put in cold storage by the last Govt wherein soldiers kept dying at border and terrorism was brought to hinterland with attacks happening in delhi, mumbai, hyd, ajmer, varanasi, bangalore, malegaon and so on...
Coming to what modi has done let me put up a few things he has done.
1. Restarting work on ranjit singh dam in punjab under ambit of IWT whch was delayed under UPA rule. Being monitored directly by south block.
2. Fast pacing work on keshinganga hydel project stopped as a CBM with Pak.
3. I hear the TSD of VK Singh has also been restarted under some new name wch was stopped by ur favrt mms as a CBM with Pak.
4. Giving full authority to arrmy to retaliate unlike the prev regime where orders used to come from GoC in C.
5. Stopping the talks tamasha with hurriyats and that back channel diplomacy with paki where briiliant ideas like dual currencies in J&k, open trade, joint sovreignity, and making siachin a peace park etc was considered.
I think all these are welcome changes the mickey mouse singh and italian model did not consider

pankaj nema

Country flag

pankaj nema

Country flag
What a moron... :frusty:. Btw plz explain what is peacetime casualty....??? In peacetime there should be no casualty. Pak is fighting with us an Asymmetric warfare, or the famed strategy of bleeding by thousand cuts coz it cannot fight directly as it will lose. Kashmir was put in cold storage by the last Govt wherein soldiers kept dying at border and terrorism was brought to hinterland with attacks happening in delhi, mumbai, hyd, ajmer, varanasi, bangalore, malegaon and so on...
Coming to what modi has done let me put up a few things he has done.
1. Restarting work on ranjit singh dam in punjab under ambit of IWT whch was delayed under UPA rule. Being monitored directly by south block.
2. Fast pacing work on keshinganga hydel project stopped as a CBM with Pak.
3. I hear the TSD of VK Singh has also been restarted under some new name wch was stopped by ur favrt mms as a CBM with Pak.
4. Giving full authority to arrmy to retaliate unlike the prev regime where orders used to come from GoC in C.
5. Stopping the talks tamasha with hurriyats and that back channel diplomacy with paki where briiliant ideas like dual currencies in J&k, open trade, joint sovreignity, and making siachin a peace park etc was considered.
I think all these are welcome changes the mickey mouse singh and italian model did not consider
The earlier soft Policy of MMS gave a lot of Lee way to Pakistan

Pakistan could easily escape from any retribution

MMS went so far to say that " Pakistan is a victim of terrorism"

Either MMS was crazy or a Borderline Traitor

mavles ihctep

Eat iodine salt. Really, the government spends crores on their advertising budget just to tell people that the lack of iodine in diet causes mental retardation, still you guys don't eat iodine salt and the result is for everyone to see.
Idiot in india only iodized salt is available.everyone is eating iodized salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kunal Biswas Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border Indian Army 13524
H OSINT compilation thread Knowledge Repository 54
Bornubus LOC, LAC & IB warfare Indian Army 2005
Martian LOC, LAC & IB skirmishs Indian Army 1958

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles